Kirk Ferentz era All Star team vs. 2012-2013 BCS Alabama team

Well Dave. Hypothetically do you think that Alabama could beat the Kansas City Chiefs? It will never happen, but if you think that they would win then you are a clown. It's the same thing.

Well Dave. Hypothetically do you think that Alabama could beat the Kansas City Chiefs? It will never happen, but if you think that they would win then you are a clown. It's the same thing.

The Iowa all stars would give the chiefs a run for their money. If you assume every player is in their prime.

It's easy to pick out the NFL guys, but you take away Dace's and Lee Gray's injuries and they would have been as good as anyone on that list with maybe the exception of Gallery and Steinbach. I'd prolly move Gallery to guard because he was so fast he would absolutely steamroll fools on plays where he pulled. That Illinois game where he caught the DB after a pick and proceeded to plant him was one of the greatest plays I've ever seen an Iowa lineman make. Glory days, oh they'll pass ya by glory days.
LOL, Lee Gray? You're joking, right? And you have confused two different Gallery plays. The Illinois game where he buried the same DB occurred on back to back offensive plays. The game where he chased down the guy after an interception was at MSU. I think we need a ruling from The Committee on whether or not you're allowed to be their official spokesman anymore.

Kirks best would get creamed by bama. Now Fry could probably take Kirks kids and win because I think he was a better coach.

It's late but here is my off the cuff starters without delving into things

QB Banks
RB Greene
FB Morse?
LT Gallery
RT Bulaga
LG Steinbach
RG Reiff
WR DJK
WR 3M
TE Clark

Defense

DE Roth
DE Clayborne
DT Ballard
DT Babineaux
LB Angerer
LB Greenway
LB Hodge
DB Prater
SS Sanders
FS Considine?
DB (......)

We win.

And who are you the ALT of?

No doubt.
Iowas best would roll this years Bama. People say we would have no pass game, well we would when their whole D has to play 5 yards from the los to stop the dozer of a run game we would have.

It's easy to pick out the NFL guys, but you take away Dace's and Lee Gray's injuries and they would have been as good as anyone on that list with maybe the exception of Gallery and Steinbach. I'd prolly move Gallery to guard because he was so fast he would absolutely steamroll fools on plays where he pulled. That Illinois game where he caught the DB after a pick and proceeded to plant him was one of the greatest plays I've ever seen an Iowa lineman make. Glory days, oh they'll pass ya by glory days.

Ahem - didn't I say that first?

This is the same idiotic mentality that thought Martina Navratalova could beat a guy tennis player.

Kirks best would get creamed by bama. Now Fry could probably take Kirks kids and win because I think he was a better coach.

I agree about Fry, but remember Fry would go to PREVENT with a lead late? Different than Kirk's tired Iowa defenses (per Dolph) and lack of blitzing, but at times very maddening...

If we had Gallery at LT and Reiff at LG, we could tell Bama we are running left on the count of 3 and Greene would still average 6 yards per rush.

Someone who knows Alabama's team pretty well should go through position by position and objectively compare them to our guy. For example is their LT better then Gallery? There have probably only been a handful better in the past ten years. If I knew more about Alabama I would do it. From listening to ESPN, it sounds like they could win the super bowl this year.

If we had Gallery at LT and Reiff at LG, we could tell Bama we are running left on the count of 3 and Greene would still average 6 yards per rush.

Someone who knows Alabama's team pretty well should go through position by position and objectively compare them to our guy. For example is their LT better then Gallery? There have probably only been a handful better in the past ten years. If I knew more about Alabama I would do it. From listening to ESPN, it sounds like they could win the super bowl this year.

Unless the qb turns the wrong way?

It's late but here is my off the cuff starters without delving into things

QB Banks
RB Greene
FB Morse?
LT Gallery
RT Bulaga
LG Steinbach
RG Reiff
WR DJK
WR 3M
TE Clark

Defense

DE Roth
DE Clayborne
DT Ballard
DT Babineaux
LB Angerer
LB Greenway
LB Hodge
DB Prater
SS Sanders
FS Considine?
DB (......)

Who is your center, you need a center you know. Was Nelson at center, a ferentz boy.

Prater?? I would have Fletcher adn spivey in there at DB, they can play both corner and safety.

The biggest problem for Iowa would be the passing game. McNutt and DJK are arguably the two greatest receivers in Iowa history, and they can't get a sniff in the NFL. .

BAnks or Stanzi at QB but I think our TEs help big time in the passing game, Moeacki or REisner or any number of them, Chandler, geez we could go two TEs with no fullback, and mcnutt and djk,

I really think the KF Hawk all-star team would be of national championship caliber easily.

But KF and KOK would have to coach their best games to pull out a close win.

Latest posts