King's Antics

Sat right behind the bench. Coaches said nothing. Projecting a bit here, but personally I think the coaches were okay with the penalty given how intense he was and how fired up his play was. He was all kinds of fired up - and I don't necessarily think many seniors would be at 5-4. He was out of his shoes intense the entire game. Incidentally, it wasn't clear from the stands what he had done to draw the PF flag, but I happened to have a drink with the ref at the Sheraton bar after the game and actually asked him about this. His response "he decked the guy." Oh.

Don't have a problem with taking a swing at a guy who first took a swing at a Hawkeye player. That stuff happens. But if he flipped someone off that's pretty classless. Hope he keeps the middle digit down from now on.

And if his gloves are too tight to know if he was actually flipping someone off, does he have the right pair of gloves to play DB?

I thought Dez looked over the top at times in this game. The mix up on the kick off return, the ball almost coming loose on a return, the penalty, and his general demeanor. All that said, I think he just wanted so badly to win this game that he over reacted...at times. Watch the game again on your dvr and watch Dez. He was an absolute animal on defense, both on the pass and on the run. Yeah, I wish he had not made a couple of mistakes. He also was intimidating M players, who try to make a living intimidating others. But, I will go with the body of work, not just against M but all year. If you cannot see this game as an aberration in the context of his Iowa career, then you are a pretty tough judge.

DK's response to the guy doesn't bother me that much...although it hurt the Hawks. The flipping off thing bothers me more, that's crap you see in the SEC, not at Iowa. Appreciate the fire, but he's got to control that. It was a rarity, he has shown that he doesn't do that on a regular basis...doubt we'll see it again. Guessing they handle it in house with no in game discipline. Lesson learned, move on...

King has shown to be frustrated at times, but I've yet to see a play this year in which he was on the field where he looked anything other than like he was busting his balls for the team. You'd be frustrated too if you were the best tennis player in the world then got Stephen Hawking for your doubles partner in a life or death match against Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras. If you don't catch my drift I'm saying Mabin isn't very good.
Wow, how can people be so willfully ignorant? Bias? I can show you numerous plays where King has put in a half-ass effort. And Mabin was having a really good year. You think Mabin's the problem the defense has had? Lol....King is good, but you 'crazies' get so carried away....and show your ignorance. Our corners haven't been getting 'burned' (except King against Penn. St.) .......now our safeties on the other hand........

Wow, how can people be so willfully ignorant? Bias? I can show you numerous plays where King has put in a half-ass effort. And Mabin was having a really good year. You think Mabin's the problem the defense has had? Lol....King is good, but you 'crazies' get so carried away....and show your ignorance. Our corners haven't been getting 'burned' (except King against Penn. St.) .......now our safeties on the other hand........

lol

Absolutely no problem whatsoever with King getting the flag, although as close a game as it was it could have been detrimental in the outcome, but it was provoked and in my opinion justifiable. As far as the finger salute, to whoever it was intended for, IMO there's no place for it. I know this mindset gets old, but kids idolize him and he's a role model, so in my opinion I'd rather see him jawing with players where intent and what's being said isn't so blunt.

Watch UM's other games this season. They have bullied each one of their opponents into submission (with the exception of WI). I don't think this was all DK's idea. Here is what I think happened. The Hawks were having a mediocre season at best, next they get pummeled and humiliated @PSU. Kirk & Co. decide enough is enough and send their senior leader out on the field to deliver a message. The message is simple. Nobody comes into our house and eats the big piece of chicken. NOBODY. DK was asked to spread the message, and spread it he did. DK and the defensive Swarm made this announcement loud and clear for all of Michigan to hear, and the rest, as they say, is history.

END THREAD.

Oh, you're trolling. Makes sense now

Watch UM's other games this season. They have bullied each one of their opponents into submission (with the exception of WI). I don't think this was all DK's idea. Here is what I think happened. The Hawks were having a mediocre season at best, next they get pummeled and humiliated @PSU. Kirk & Co. decide enough is enough and send their senior leader out on the field to deliver a message. The message is simple. Nobody comes into our house and eats the big piece of chicken. NOBODY. DK was asked to spread the message, and spread it he did. DK and the defensive Swarm made this announcement loud and clear for all of Michigan to hear, and the rest, as they say, is history.

END THREAD.

5_sMKhzZzekYM6OUZUxP8boBscLHsXS3ciU-LXz1QyPqMtdxuuNoHL1bHwgIcPztm1stlHokU2XSNe43Mnr4xoXaaldW_SX81NVJl1D1uzvAnkq7Da2Ddr9HIeVuxrwFNaMYK0ZXodFnJPvDCQ=s0-d-e1-ft

MaKQwCYuhy4kvwtQqdAwXnlOMrgTkp0HV_Po0_-f36MsY-UHN3IMIDGATKceCc1rj-u8ke0FFx56Oz_fvHPwaFylWlRdibScVttTe8DEqVEX0SAyN9Xbo-j8TABrG5wVMWf3SZ26D8f0eAZn8EfGNoMMc6ofQlhIiSkt8kf_nA=s0-d-e1-ft

Learn the game..............

King has shown to be frustrated at times, but I've yet to see a play this year in which he was on the field where he looked anything other than like he was busting his balls for the team. You'd be frustrated too if you were the best tennis player in the world then got Stephen Hawking for your doubles partner in a life or death match against Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras. If you don't catch my drift I'm saying Mabin isn't very good.
This. Anyone who says he is lacking energy is not paying attention

Link?

King is the problem. Mabin and Bower are the stars. Seems legit

Does anyone remember a replay showing DK pretty much throwing a UM player to the ground on an in route?
Might have been Peppers? Nothing was called, I think it was after a whistle.
It was awesome.

Does anyone remember a replay showing DK pretty much throwing a UM player to the ground on an in route?
Might have been Peppers? Nothing was called, I think it was after a whistle.
It was awesome.

Looked like it was Darbou. Remember it very well.....

Sort of a Statement.....

DK's response to the guy doesn't bother me that much...although it hurt the Hawks. The flipping off thing bothers me more, that's crap you see in the SEC, not at Iowa. Appreciate the fire, but he's got to control that. It was a rarity, he has shown that he doesn't do that on a regular basis...doubt we'll see it again. Guessing they handle it in house with no in game discipline. Lesson learned, move on...

Can't say I've seen it anywhere....

Latest posts