King's Antics

Milldaddy

Do you think he will receive any disciplinary actions for pulling this and the personal foul? I sure hope not, but you never know.

Do you think he will receive any disciplinary actions for pulling this and the personal foul? I sure hope not, but you never know.

There was another one caught on camera too where he grabbed the back of a michigan guys helmet and tried to throw him down. I'm sure there was some mad shiat talking. Definitely not his best game; dropped an easy pic and stupid penalty, but the whole defense played really, really well.

So you guys ask the team to play with emotion and act like they care, then our best player has a great game against some kids he played against in high school and he is just owning them during and after the play and playing through the echo of the whistle and getting into their heads and talking smack and darb-oh drops some passes he usually doesn't later in the game....

and the day after we are complaining about this?

So you guys ask the team to play with emotion and act like they care, then our best player has a great game against some kids he played against in high school and he is just owning them during and after the play and playing through the echo of the whistle and getting into their heads and talking smack and darb-oh drops some passes he usually doesn't later in the game....

What does 'playing' with emotion have to do with flipping people off, hitting people after the play, talking trash, etc..? Hesse (and others) played with the most emotion I've seen from them all year, and somehow managed to 'not' do any of these things. Your 'attitude' and obvious lack of values is a clear reminder of why this country has sunk to such a low standard and is circling the bottom of the bowl...........Thanks for your 'opinion', lol.........

Been waiting all damn year....a little swag is ok by me, and being a little chippy helps set the tone

When he's hurting the team it's not competitive fire anymore and King even acknowledged that. I do think he went a tad too far a few times but I would rather have that than the King from last week @PSU.

Players that combine discipline with talent and execution are often the best.

NFL teams, who run a business, also are attracted to such professional maturity.

Making excuses for immaturity and lack of discipline shows poor discipline with the coaches.

Agreed, too much can negatively impact the team, but a little chip is good. Most WRs don't like contact, and many CBs use this strategy to take them out of their comfort zone. Dez is just getting ready for the league. Watch some football today (Sunday). This type of play is table stakes in the NFL.

The Wolverines came out pushing and shoving and talking from the opening kickoff, King swung at a guy bigger than him after some guy hit him in the head. He had to step up with two new starters in the secondary who could be intimidated more easily, and a huge part of Michigan's plan is to intimidate the other team and win the mental game. Thats how they beat teams by fifty points earlier in the year and couldn't complete a pass or get a first down late in the game last night.

thtrza wins the thread. Icke (naturally) loses the thread.

DK got a horrible penalty called on him, and WTF is a 300-pound OL doing hitting a guy in the back of the helmet.

DK practically had to beg for that last face-mask call. The stripes were DIGGING for any call they could against us ("roughing the center" would work...until, like last night, the guy keeps his head down/never raises it).

Without DKs fire and Wadley acting like it was just another game/just-give-him-the-ball, we lose.

Still, Player of the Game goes to Coluzzi. That flip would have gotten 8.0's, minimum, across the board, save for the typical 6.5 from the Soviet judge.

Once again, I am not saying I don't like Kings fire. In fact, I love it. However, flicking off the refs is probably not a great look for him. I was just asking if Kirk is gonna do anything about it? He sat out the 1st quarter of the Nebby game IIRC. He had a hell of a game, and he was just caught up in the moment, but with all the standards Iowa has, I will be surprised if this doesn't have some sort of consqeunce.

thtrza wins the thread. Icke (naturally) loses the thread.

DK got a horrible penalty called on him, and WTF is a 300-pound OL doing hitting a guy in the back of the helmet.

DK practically had to beg for that last face-mask call. The stripes were DIGGING for any call they could against us ("roughing the center" would work...until, like last night, the guy keeps his head down/never raises it).

Without DKs fire and Wadley acting like it was just another game/just-give-him-the-ball, we lose.

Still, Player of the Game goes to Coluzzi. That flip would have gotten 8.0's, minimum, across the board, save for the typical 6.5 from the Soviet judge.

Hard for me to give the game ball to anyone other than our offense, aka Wadley.

Clutch kick, amazing punt (consistent for him this year), but Wadley carried this team to a win last night

What does 'playing' with emotion have to do with flipping people off, hitting people after the play, talking trash, etc..? Hesse (and others) played with the most emotion I've seen from them all year, and somehow managed to 'not' do any of these things. Your 'attitude' and obvious lack of values is a clear reminder of why this country has sunk to such a low standard and is circling the bottom of the bowl...........Thanks for your 'opinion', lol.........

You have to love the emotion but personal fouls hurt your team and teammates. Especially stupid personal fouls. Need the intensity and and emotion but have to be smart and under control after the whistle.

Flipping off the refs is bad but i hope he doesnt have to sit.

Not buying that he was flipping off the refs. With his gloves on you can't even tell what fingers went up.

Players that combine discipline with talent and execution are often the best.

NFL teams, who run a business, also are attracted to such professional maturity.

all the players who have domestic abuse issues and get a 1 game suspension would care to disagree with this statement. Also, Johnny Manziel.

I don't love personal fouls, but this is Desmond f-ing king we are talking about, not some walk on from South Dakota playing on special teams. He's a unanimous first team all-American and probably the best cornerback in the history of Iowa football. The dude can do what he wants.

Latest posts