Kill the Gopher Game Thread

One of the best things I saw tonight was Garza actually passed it out of the post which led to open shots. That can make this Iowa offense even tougher to defend, especially with all the shooters we have. Come down to double Garza and it will lead to a good shooter stepping into a good look.

I saw that too. He just keeps getting better and better. Imagine if he improves this much again before next year and he's passing out to Wieskamp, Bohannon, and CJ. People say every year that Fran has hit he's ceiling. I think next year will prove them wrong as long as everyone stays and is healthy.

Kenpom already updated Iowa to 7-3. They're #30 overall, #4 offense in the country and #115 in defense.

Kenpom already updated Iowa to 7-3. They're #30 overall, #4 offense in the country and #115 in defense.
Get to somewhere near 70 in adjusted defense and we are a legit top 25 team.

The only thing is it’s going to be like a two part season when Jbo shuts it down. I expect our defense to improve if he sits, but our offense will probably take a step back. Where that leaves us is the million dollar question.

Get to somewhere near 70 in adjusted defense and we are a legit top 20 team.

The only thing is it’s going to be like a two part season when Jbo shuts it down. I expect our defense to improve if he sits, but our offense will probably take a step back. Where that leaves us is the million dollar question.

If JBo sits then CJ and Joe T really have to step up. It's certainly doable.

A road win in Ames is unlikely but would be huge for the resume.

JBo ran the offense very effectively, don't know if Conner and Joe T are capable of that yet. Time will tell.

Get to somewhere near 70 in adjusted defense and we are a legit top 25 team.

I think it definitely makes us at least a little worse. Bohannon changes our offense so much with his ability to spread the floor and feed the post. The main way it will hurt us tho is the 7, 8, and 9 guys will get more minutes. We are about to only have 5 good players on the team. I'm not saying those three won't have their moments, but there's a pretty big drop off to them.

If JBo sits then CJ and Joe T really have to step up. It's certainly doable.

A road win in Ames is unlikely but would be huge for the resume.

They both for sure have more to give. Hopefully those two take at least 15 of Bohannon's minutes.

I think it definitely makes us at least a little worse. Bohannon changes our offense so much with his ability to spread the floor and feed the post. The main way it will hurt us tho is the 7, 8, and 9 guys will get more minutes. We are about to only have 5 good players on the team. I'm not saying those three won't have their moments, but there's a pretty big drop off to them.
Time to scour the intramural league's!

Agreed I think it kills our depth. Evelyn would have to play a bigger role which at this point is a complete unknown.

It sucks because this team was starting to look like a tourney type team but without Jbo we might be one guy short. As you guys mention we could have a good looking team on paper next year which is true, only thing is I cringe at Fran managing the rotation.

Agreed I think it kills our depth. Evelyn would have to play a bigger role which at this point is a complete unknown.

It sucks because this team was starting to look like a tourney type team but without Jbo we might be one guy short. As you guys mention we could have a good looking team on paper next year which is true, only thing is I cringe at Fran managing the rotation.

Screw managing the rotation. Play this exact team plus Patrick and redshirt every one of the incoming guys. Problem solved!

Latest posts