Kill the Gopher Game Thread

Awesome win but they gotta tighten that perimeter defense. The goofers helped Iowa by missing wide open 3’s.

Awesome win but they gotta tighten that perimeter defense. The goofers helped Iowa by missing wide open 3’s.
They held a B1G opponent to 54, the defense is never gonna be elite, but on any given night, tonight’s effort is gonna be enough with how this team can score.

To me our defense was OKAY. Minnesota shot horrible, that Kalscheur kid couldn’t miss against Iowa last year, he was awful tonight. Carr is easier to defend for us because he’s not a threat from deep. Still it was a step in the right direction for this team on defense.

One of the best things I saw tonight was Garza actually passed it out of the post which led to open shots. That can make this Iowa offense even tougher to defend, especially with all the shooters we have. Come down to double Garza and it will lead to a good shooter stepping into a good look.

Funny watching Fran's post game on BTN, he is giving precise answers to stupid questions. I think he tries to make good points but gives up because the questions are so uninformed. It's like asking Einstein what his favorite color is.

Funny watching Fran's post game on BTN, he is giving precise answers to stupid questions. I think he tries to make good points but gives up because the questions are so uninformed. It's like asking Einstein what his favorite color is.

Fran always cracks me up in his postgame interviews. He goes way too in depth when most coaches just give a quick or funny answer

One of the best things I saw tonight was Garza actually passed it out of the post which led to open shots. That can make this Iowa offense even tougher to defend, especially with all the shooters we have. Come down to double Garza and it will lead to a good shooter stepping into a good look.
Minny did a good job of making sure he passed it out to our non- or reluctant shooters. He made some great passes to our cutters.

Latest posts