KF video interview.

Embarrassing is the only word I can come up with to describe that interview. As a previous poster mentioned, he could definitely use some PR help.

Embarrassing is the only word I can come up with to describe that interview. As a previous poster mentioned, he could definitely use some PR help.

The only thing embarrasing is your reaction to the interview.

What did Kirk do wrong that was so embarrasing? He made a joke about how the media seems to find out every detail within minutes of it happening.. which is true. He was being light hearted, some people need to learn to not be so critical of every single detail.

You guys are all insane.

Watching the video you'd have to be a moron to think that "it's possible" means anything other than yes.

Some of you guys are really splitting hairs. The fart comment was made light heartedly and the media members that were there laughed.

When I first read this, I thought KF was just acting like a smug jerk again. But after you actually see it in context, it was funny. I get upset with my man, Kirk, all of the time and have been annoyingly frustrated by him and the team's mediocrity but this is actually funny.

Anyone who is embarrassed by this needs to lighten up.

You only need a PR coach if there is a downside to acting like a child. In KF's case there isn't. He's got 8 years left on his contract at $4 million a year. He is untouchable and knows it.

I think that was funny coming from any coach especially since his tone of voice was playful. I am sure he is a little tense about some things but poking fun at the media for not knowing he passed gas was great.

When I first read this, I thought KF was just acting like a smug jerk again. But after you actually see it in context, it was funny. I get upset with my man, Kirk, all of the time and have been annoyingly frustrated by him and the team's mediocrity but this is actually funny.

Anyone who is embarrassed by this needs to lighten up.

+1.

everyone around him laughed.

some people on this board need to laugh as well.

+1.

everyone around him laughed.

some people on this board need to laugh as well.

WRONG. kirk should be fired for what he said and making as much money as he does. there's no time for jokes when you're the head coach at iowa making as much as he does.

and how dare you tell me i need to laugh. the interwebz is serious business. even kirk knows this since he makes so much money

Reporter:Kirk are you leaving the program after bowl game?
Kirk: Its possible.
Reporter:Have the last 3 seasons been let downs?
Reporter: Was your steak dinner cooked to your liking last night?
Reporter: Are you going to respond with the same answer no matter what question I ask you?
Reporter: ......

My impression after watching that is he is really angry at the media, in general. Perhaps things have built up to such a level in that regard, that he is just in a black mood with anything related to the media, and is not afraid of showing that even more than usual. My guess is he will regret this comment though. Either way, if we have a good showing in the bowl game, he deserves a mulligan on this one, IMO.

You can tell who takes themselves waaayyyy too seriously by their comments on this board. Some of us poke fun at ourselves, say we are sorry and give people who are amicable a wide path. And yet ironically enuff it is US who are lambasted as pompous, rigid, etc…..

This is what I love about life, language and attitude. The opposite of what people like this, think and say is more often than not what is really true. When some calls me pompous or blind I typically get they are referring to themselves and it is the same in this situation with KF.

Angry at the media?!? You actually watched the video and got THAT impression? He was courteous the whole interview and even had some fun with them and made a joke. I can't believe the way some people read into things..

Everybody needs to lighten up. Relax. Take a deep breath.

In fact, step away from this message board for two weeks. You'll be amazed how little you miss it.