KF on 1700 The Champ at 12pm today (now)

If Iowa's O-line is as good as people say it is, then there is hope. All of Iowa's best offenses were built around great line play. If Iowa can run the ball with ease this year, it takes a lot of pressure off of the new skill position players. CJF needs to be a play maker on offense this year for the passing game to develop.

I think all 3 QB's have potential to have more explosive scramble runs when protection breaks down, in comparison to JVB. Canzieri has the potential for explosive plays. At WR,... gotta hope Powell brings something to the table.
My grandma would fall into this class as well....and she is no longer alive. I believe Mr. Harty has a point and I wonder if your definition of "explosive" is in line with 99% of college football-dom.

I would lean towards believing Podalak rather than Harty, who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground. Podolak may be a homer but he knows football.

After having some time away from last year's situation, seeing the practices, and cooling off, I can see the why behind the decisions Kirk made this year and I have a lot more hope for the season. I think its pretty clear that Campbell wasn't a good fit with the new offense. If there's one thing that gives me hope - its that the WRs are making the sight adjusts and reads within the offense correctly now. They are also starting to play faster, and you're also seeing some competition - spots are starting to fill in a bit with Riley McCarron, Cameron Wilson, Kevonte Martin Manley, Jordan Cotton, and Hillyer all stood out to me in a good way with the practices and scrimmage at various points. In short - the offense practiced well - that hasn't happened all that much in the other KF practices I've watched. Its a positive sign for sure. For example, Weinke always was a trainwreck in practice.

There's also some positives, some negatives with the defense. I don't expect them to be the 04 or 09 Juggernauts. But there's a long time between now and the season, and we didn't see close to the final product. However, good lord we need some defensive ends, stat. Here's to hoping Riley McMinn, Drew Ott, Dom Alvis, and Ekakitie start to figure it out. The rest of the D will be ok. Good, even.
You should post more, Mr. October 2009.

Podolak also said before last year that Vandenberg was the best QB he'd seen at Iowa since Chuck Long and maybe even before. Who do I believe? hmmmmm

And at that time, he had a good case. Vandy's numbers in 2011 were terrific. Then Greg Davis got a hold of him.

I think all 3 QB's have potential to have more explosive scramble runs when protection breaks down, in comparison to JVB. Canzieri has the potential for explosive plays. At WR,... gotta hope Powell brings something to the table.

Tevaun Smith was being reported on in H.S. as "The Canadian Missile."
Can't find it at the moment but remember his 40 time being reported as 4.3.
Did Smith do anything in the scrimmage?

Tevaun Smith was being reported on in H.S. as "The Canadian Missile."
Can't find it at the moment but remember his 40 time being reported as 4.3.
Did Smith do anything in the scrimmage?

Everything I have heard about him is positive. They say he is a great combination of size and speed. He actually saw the field last year. The only problem is he really struggled in the scrimmage. He dropped a couple balls he should have caught, and wasn't really targeted much.

Latest posts