KF and Hazell end of game handshake?

JHHawk

They had a conversation...more than normal. Was KF asking Hazell if Iowa was enough of an open book with zero deception on either side of the ball for Purdue, as Hazell had indicated in the transcript of his presser that Jon printed last week? '' Hey Darrell, were we too tricky today?'' I was a bit offended by that comment by the rookie head coach last week, which just fed into some Iowa fans , like Jon, complaints with KF's approach. I know KF did not say anything to Hazell...too much class...but I think the rookie coach might want to win a Big Ten game before commenting too loudly about the approach of the guy who has won 100+ Big Ten games.

They had a conversation...more than normal. Was KF asking Hazell if Iowa was enough of an open book with zero deception on either side of the ball for Purdue, as Hazell had indicated in the transcript of his presser that Jon printed last week? '' Hey Darrell, were we too tricky today?'' I was a bit offended by that comment by the rookie head coach last week, which just fed into some Iowa fans , like Jon, complaints with KF's approach. I know KF did not say anything to Hazell...too much class...but I think the rookie coach might want to win a Big Ten game before commenting too loudly about the approach of the guy who has won 100+ Big Ten games.

I'm going to guess it was a conversation of encouragment. Purdue is where we were 15 years ago. A once proud program that's fallen on hard times. Which is one reason I think KF was upset about scoring that last TD. That TD didn't prove anything or do anything other than rub their noses in it a little more. Plenty of teams could have done that to us in 1999 and 2000, but few in the conference did. Because of that, I think KF is hesitant about pouring it on teams like that. Heck, Saban & MSU could have beaten us 100-3 in 1999.

No football team since the lombardi packers has been more predictable. Some teams are good enough to stop it. Purdue wasn't. Doesnt change the fact that they are predictable.

No football team since the lombardi packers has been more predictable. Some teams are good enough to stop it. Purdue wasn't. Doesnt change the fact that they are predictable.

Stanford was pretty predictable last Thursday..

Smash mouth football, on both sides, will always win out against flavor of the month offenses and defenses. As long as you can execute and have OL and DL that can maul people.

Don't know if your just kidding, but it has already been verified that KF was explaining that the bootleg was supposed to be a sneak and offering an apology.

BTW: Thank God we could basically predict every play in the second half. Finally, GD finds what works and sticks with it.

We are not that predictable, we just lack the ability to make defenses pay if they guess wrong. Best case for us is that we catch a defense biting hard on the PA fake and watch Jake wobble a pass 10 yards too short that is dropped by the WR.

Do all schools make such a big deal out of the end of game handshake? It seems like every week we are reading something into it. I wish they would get rid of it, football coaches are competitors in some cases I think the last thing they want to do is shake the other coaches hand.

Do all schools make such a big deal out of the end of game ehandshake? It seems like every week we are reading something into it. I wish they would get rid of it, football coaches are competitors in some cases I think the last thing they want to do is shake the other coaches hand.

If you're not man enough to go shake the other coaches hand then you're probably not cut out to be a coach, imo.

If you're not man enough to go shake the other coaches hand then you're probably not cut out to be a coach, imo.

Probably not, I might have been tempted to punch Dantonio after the Michigan State game. But I do think we make way to big of a deal out of it, like I said there has to be games where it is very tough to shake the other coaches hand.

Probably not, I might have been tempted to punch Dantonio after the Michigan State game. But I do think we make way to big of a deal out of it, like I said there has to be games where it is very tough to shake the other coaches hand.

Like this one? :)

RackMultipart.14247.0_display_image_display_image.jpg

Don't know if your just kidding, but it has already been verified that KF was explaining that the bootleg was supposed to be a sneak and offering an apology.

BTW: Thank God we could basically predict every play in the second half. Finally, GD finds what works and sticks with it.

I missed that when was it verified?

I was just making a point about Hazell's comments to the press about the lack of creativity of Iowa schemes. I do not think he meant them to be insulting, but they feed into the criticism that KF receives from Hawk fans, so he inadvertently offered up more fodder for the anti-KF crowd. I am sure that was not his intent, but it was what happened. Unforced error by Hazell.

If we are sooo predictable how were we able to work them like we did? If they knew exactly what we were going to do shouldn't they have been able to stop us? Weird

Latest posts