Keys to Indiana

goldenhawk96

Let's get the positive MOJO going for the biggest game of the year: the NEXT game!

There is nothing better in sports to have the feeling of the next game being absolutely critical. This is new ground for our team. How will handle it?

I would love to read some thoughts on what to expect from Indiana.

I'm #1 just hoping we have, as Fran says, "A razor sharp focus." A more difficult task than it would appear.

Key for IU is Yogi-bear. If he chucks and hits its gonna be a close game. If I were the Hawks, I would treat him like Stauskiss and D him up hard. No one else on IU's team is gonna beat the Hawks single handedly.

Definitely have to contain Yogi. This Indiana team has talent, but are young and prone to make mistakes. It all has to start defensively….Forcing turnovers!

Keep them off the glass and off of the free throw line. Indiana is a team you can force into careless turnovers. Obviously it help to keep Yogi from scoring a ton, but Indiana has lost several games where he has gone off, so if he does put up 20+ that doesn't necessarily mean we will lose the game.

Key for IU is Yogi-bear. If he chucks and hits its gonna be a close game. If I were the Hawks, I would treat him like Stauskiss and D him up hard. No one else on IU's team is gonna beat the Hawks single handedly.

^^^ this. Do a tag team with Marble and Gessell all over little Yogi bear and turn him in to Boo Boo.

Keys for Iowa no matter who on the road. Take care of the basketball, get to the FT line and hit 75% or greater, out rebound them at both ends, hit 35% minimum from 3 pt. line. Do these things we beat anybody.

Keys for Iowa no matter who on the road. Take care of the basketball, get to the FT line and hit 75% or greater, out rebound them at both ends, hit 35% minimum from 3 pt. line. Do these things we beat anybody.

When this happens Iowa is practically unbeatable.

The most absolutely important key to this game is Wild Bull Pumfus! Go bodyslam those redcoats. Shred their red colors, paint their court BLACK AND GOLD . and give Tom Cream your pants black eyes!! What are we afraid? We're the HAWKS!

If Iowa can force > 70 possession game, they should win, as Iowa has more elite scorers than IU and will get IU big men on bench w foul trouble/fatigue.

If IU drags it out with long possessions, limits IOWAs transition conversions, AND shoots >40% beyond the arc, that favors IU.

The Hoosiers have one of the worst assist to turnover ratios in the nation at 0.71. Iowa’s A/T ratio is 1.38. Indiana does not share the ball that well, and have bad passing skills, especially their younger players.

Force turnovers, get Vonleh in foul trouble to force them to go small or use their #3 post man, and wear them down with the Hawks length, depth, and toughness in tough venues.

I see a relatively easy win for Iowa -- at least a 10 point margin.

the keys is, just show up. If we stay focused this game isn't even close.

I think this is the classic "trap" game. Iowa is going to be tired, having just made a difficult trip to Happy Valley, and then having a quick turnaround to Bloomington. The team is also fighting some illness.

Indiana, on the other hand, has their backs against the wall and are playing at home. They have already defeated Michigan and Wisconsin at home. They certainly have the talent to beat Iowa.

I think it comes down to our seniors: Marble, Basabe and McCabe need to play with great energy and enthusiasm for Iowa to defeat Indiana. I think they will: Iowa 73 Indiana 70 in a close one

I think this is the classic "trap" game. Iowa is going to be tired, having just made a difficult trip to Happy Valley, and then having a quick turnaround to Bloomington. The team is also fighting some illness.

Indiana, on the other hand, has their backs against the wall and are playing at home. They have already defeated Michigan and Wisconsin at home. They certainly have the talent to beat Iowa.

I think it comes down to our seniors: Marble, Basabe and McCabe need to play with great energy and enthusiasm for Iowa to defeat Indiana. I think they will: Iowa 73 Indiana 70 in a close one

Indiana doesn't have their backs against the wall. They're already dead. They have an RPI of 100 with just 5 wins against the RPI top 150 and several bad losses; there's no coming back from that, short of winning the BTT.

^^^ this. Do a tag team with Marble and Gessell all over little Yogi bear and turn him in to Boo Boo.

Agree Yogi is the key, but I don't like Marble on him. I'd like to see Clemmons play more minutes than usual for defensive purposes assuming he's healthy to spell Mikey. I guess I havent heard if he was available.

Latest posts