Keys to beating Hoosiers

I see Petras coming out nervous, trying to hard and then finally settling down. After that Iowa starts to control the game. The defense plays tough and gets a interception or two. Iowa's defensive line struggles a bit but they settle down to an effective containment of Pennix. Once Petras settles down, gets a few good passes, the running game opens up and Iowa controls the clock.
I think play-calling will be key to getting Petras settled down and comfortable as soon as possible. I'd look for some easy-to-complete pass plays on the first offensive series to build his confidence.

Nothing takes a QB out of his game faster (especially on the road) than getting his dick knocked in the dirt a couple of times.
True in most cases, but one exception was last year's Northwestern game.

Should have gone for the jugular on that third drive. Of course it wasn't a true road game atmosphere because of fan restrictions.

I think play-calling will be key to getting Petras settled down and comfortable as soon as possible. I'd look for some easy-to-complete pass plays on the first offensive series to build his confidence.
Yes. I agree. I'm thinking easy passes, runs. Just let the defense do their stuff until Petras gets going.

Latest posts