Keys to beating Hoosiers

Actually not. The only people I've banned (which isn't many) is because of repeated covid and politics on the main boards after we made those OT only. Oh and 4thngoal because he asked me to after I started as mod.

Most of the banned ones have gone over to the Rivals board and whined about how I suck and Rob sucks. For different reasons, obviously. Rob is a way more respectable individual than me and actually likeable.
Yeah, the Nancies.

To name just two examples. We weren't supposed to be able to hang with Mississippi State in the Outback Bowl because of their physicality.

We were the ones knocking their receivers out of the game, and the crucial Gervase INT of the deflection was due to the receiver hearing footsteps.

We weren't supposed to hang athletically with the four and five star recruits USC fielded in the Holiday Bowl.

ISM was the most athletic player on the field, then we bludgeoned them with our physicality. Eppy knocked the QB out of the game and that fifteen play TD drive was a thing of beauty.

I was thinking cash. But you also want him to pursue sideline to sideline in run support as well, like Josey Jewell.

But he's faster than Jewell. Is he bigger too?
Yeah Campbell is like 6'5 245ish. Jewell is like 6'2 235ish. He may have put on some weight since he's been in the NFL but at Iowa he was under 240 the whole time I'm pretty sure.

I would not count on our DL sacking this QB much and that may be ok. This is one of those kids where you want to keep him in the pocket throwing and try to pressure by collapsing in with hands in the air. I also suspect we may have a spy on this QB. There is going to be considerable pressure on the back 7 in this game. But, if we can win the field position game with the best punter in the league, I like our chances if we challenge Indiana to dink and dunk there way for 75 yards over 12 plays. The odds of them executing at that level several times during the game are low. If they do, tip the cap and hope our offense outscores them. I would make them beat us from the pocket and underneath.

Just dawned on me, if you're going to use Penix name in a post, be sure to spell it correctly.

And those two letters are directly above each other on the keypad.

IIRC, last year IU with Penix at qb and maybe the backup threw a lot of long bomb go up and get the ball type of plays. Not sure how accurate Penix actually is so try not to let their receivers get a step and get good pass rush pressure up the middle in Penix's face.

On offense we know what the winning formula is and has been which is run the ball well and play action passing. We have one really good TEnd and perhaps another so the two TEnd plays could be there for our liking. Tracy is a playmaker and I think we have enough good receivers to get open on play action passing.

If the DTackles hold up and the hawks play a cleaner game I see them winning by 7 to 10 points. Go hawks

Rumor going around that some of the team may have covid19 and not be available against Indiana
Either substantiate that, or stop stirring shit on the boards. Go look at the Rivals board threads if you want to see how they turn out when folks start talking covid.

How do I substantiate a rumor?
Exactly my point. If you want to post a rumor about players having covid, go do it in the OT forum where the rules say it goes. All these threads do is turn into arguments between the sides of covid opinions because, like politics and religion, no one can leave emotion out of it.

All you have to do is go to HawkeyeReport and you'll see how completely shit those discussions get. Kakert is playing whack-a-mole constantly by locking and deleting those threads over there and I'm not going to do that. There is not one single thread about coivd or the vaccine over there that hasn't devolved into an ugly keyboard fight within the first 2 pages.

OT is purpose built as an outlet for that stuff, if you want to post about it it goes there.

I was thinking more AJ Edds. Edds was 6’4 and had long arms. You and many people are making the Greenway comp(including coaches) and I definitely get that.
Can't over estimate the wingspan factor.

My assistant baseball coach is a grad of our school and pitched D1 for three years. He's 6'3" and has freaky long Michael Phelps arms. I give him all kinds of shit about dragging his knuckles on the ground and this summer when we were marking the fields I measured and his wingspan was 6'9". Fucking ridiculous. He's kind of a bean pole and admits he never lifted weights in his life, but he can still touch 85 no problem three years removed from college. I don't think it would take much work to get to 90.

I see Petras coming out nervous, trying to hard and then finally settling down. After that Iowa starts to control the game. The defense plays tough and gets a interception or two. Iowa's defensive line struggles a bit but they settle down to an effective containment of Pennix. Once Petras settles down, gets a few good passes, the running game opens up and Iowa controls the clock.

Latest posts