KenPom ratings released

I love KenPom, but it really doesnt become valid until 10 games into the season.No way Iowa loses at Lincoln.

I hope you are correct but it will be a tough game for Iowa. Nebraska's backcourt is much more athletic than Iowa's which can cause problems getting into the sets. Nebraska plays that slow down crap style which makes most games very competitive.

I love KenPom, but it really doesnt become valid until 10+ games into the season.

No way Iowa loses at Lincoln.

I'm saving this post ;)

F ing Lincoln. Even good teams go in there and lose. I also think this Nebraska team will surprise people and their style is perfect for the Big 10. I would imagine they will be favored @ home against Iowa.

I do agree, KenPom, while great, doesn't serve a purpose until the non conference schedule is almost complete

Well all of the reports say that Nix finally got in shape, and even if he under performs they are still more talented than most of the other Big Ten teams. Wood and Appling will be tough and Payne has all the talent in the world if he can slow down a little bit.

I get that you think Nix is the most overrated player in the Big Ten, but the rest of the conference just isn't talented enough for MSU to fall below 5th.

The conference will be down, I am just discounting the fact that people believe Green is a great leader and will help the youth. Green is a solid player that is versatile, but I am just not sold on his leadership. I do agree with your latter statement that losing those seniors may be a positive, but I put Green in the same category right now until he proves otherwise. Just watch how he is treated on the side and how the others are...really watch the bench when he gets on it in foul trouble.
The young ones have potential and I will leave it at that with MSU.
Nix has been the most overrated player in the Big Ten since he stepped foot on campus. It is amazing how he is talked about after playing lesser opponents.

Just an FYI that transfers are not factored into the preseason rankings. If freshmen are also not factored in the rankings are looking at 5 returning players for ISU and 3 returning scholarship players. ( Christopherson, Ejim, Raily) That would be why ISU is so low and it predicted to lose to Drake haha.

I think you guys will be pretty good this year. It should be fun to have some real talent on the floor for both teams when we meet in Ames.

Latest posts