Ken miller kxno, get your facts straight.

He was one who was calling the UofI handling of rape as a coverup.

U of I deserved a tremendous amount of heat for the way they handled it. From someone with a more neutral position it wasn't out of line to be concerned about it being a possible cover up, I was seriously concerned about how it was handled.

U of I deserved a tremendous amount of heat for the way they handled it. From someone with a more neutral position it wasn't out of line to be concerned about it being a possible cover up, I was seriously concerned about how it was handled.

Agreed.

I think the perception was the problem....everyone wants full disclosure and that isn't what is really needed except to the individuals involved and honestly I think there was some confusion as to what that family wanted as well. Don’t get me wrong if memory serves a few folks got fired and they shows there was some problems for sure, but after it all came to light, clearly KF and athletic department did nothing wrong….

I think the perception was the problem....everyone wants full disclosure and that isn't what is really needed except to the individuals involved and honestly I think there was some confusion as to what that family wanted as well. Don’t get me wrong if memory serves a few folks got fired and they shows there was some problems for sure, but after it all came to light, clearly KF and athletic department did nothing wrong….

I disagree, in the case of Coker I am on board with this...there are certain things that deserve to be protected under privacy laws. However the timeline and the way certain things were handled with the family behind the scenes and other red flags...I don't care how you slice it the entire thing was mishandled.

That doesn't necessarily equate to a grand conspiracy or cover up, but the way that was handled opened the university up to that level of criticism and for the most part fairly so.

Specifically, in terms of what Ken Miller was saying at the time, he wasn't going overboard on this. He had a fairly level-headed, sincere concern about how things were handled and for some doorknob on this message board to try and the Miller under the bus as being a Clone homer of the cluster of an event is ridiculous.

I don't particularly like or dislike Ken Miller, but I think he's pretty fair for the most part. Yes, he goes overboard at times, but no more than any of us and I remember him ripping into Pollard and ISU at times over certain things, so it's not one directional.

So I didnt hear the whole conversation but they were talking about espn iowas best sports moments/plays poll, and they said 1985 iowa mich game was #1, but they were debating weather or not iowa/#3 penn st was better then isu beaating OK state. But what got me was ken miller saying "i dont know if penn st was #5 or #6 or what at the time, so isu might be better." They were trying so hard to downgrade iowas win, then luckily a guy came on saying look at what happend after that iowa upset win compared to the isu upset win. I hardly ever listen to these guys, but anytime I do, they dont know sh¡T about iowa sports.

I guess we should be proud to have the greatest sports moment in Iowa history. I realized the UNI win over KU would have taken it any other time, but not after the impact the ISU win had on the cfb landscape. ESPN does a good job in most cases.

I disagree, in the case of Coker I am on board with this...there are certain things that deserve to be protected under privacy laws. However the timeline and the way certain things were handled with the family behind the scenes and other red flags...I don't care how you slice it the entire thing was mishandled.

That doesn't necessarily equate to a grand conspiracy or cover up, but the way that was handled opened the university up to that level of criticism and for the most part fairly so.

Specifically, in terms of what Ken Miller was saying at the time, he wasn't going overboard on this. He had a fairly level-headed, sincere concern about how things were handled and for some doorknob on this message board to try and the Miller under the bus as being a Clone homer of the cluster of an event is ridiculous.

I don't particularly like or dislike Ken Miller, but I think he's pretty fair for the most part. Yes, he goes overboard at times, but no more than any of us and I remember him ripping into Pollard and ISU at times over certain things, so it's not one directional.

Well to tell u the truth I don’t listen to them. I’m out of state and I wouldn’t listen anyway. I listen to Christian broadcasting or Sirius 70’s 80’s, classic rewind, hair nation et al…lol…....I don’t much care for the egos or opinions associated with sports radio as a rule.

I also don’t remember the whole dynamics of this case, but I am typically in the camp of….we don’t need to know. Only the people involved do, but that’s just me. I will say this if it were me involved I wouldn’t want anyone else to know, that’s for sure…

The Cyclone win clearly caused the change to a playoff system and therefore is probably the greatest moment in college football, maybe ever.

....in terms of what Ken Miller was saying at the time, he wasn't going overboard on this. He had a fairly level-headed, sincere concern about how things were handled and for some doorknob on this message board to try and the Miller under the bus as being a Clone homer of the cluster of an event is ridiculous.

Ken Miller IS an ultra Clown homer. I've been objective when listening to him for quite some time - I swear when he is talking about Iowa State there is an unmistakable "glow" in his voice many times, or something. And, similarly, when talking just about anything Hawkeye, a perceptible "distain".

My guess is it's a combination of a management directive that this station be pro-clown as a norm, and Miller actually being a closeted clown homer. And, both try to create the illusion of fair and balanced coverage of Sick Cow College vs Iowa.

During football season, whenever I turn on this station, it's usually Iowa State talk, with token Iowa coverage sprinkled in. That only seems to flip around if there is a news story that allows them do a negative spin to take jabs at Hawk fans - but again, while being subtle about it as best they can. And, they will never admit to this, and act like anyone who suggests this is a fanatic. I'm not a fanatic, and listening to this station really makes me nauseous sometimes - I've really cut back. I don't listen to T&T anymore at all - kicked that habit at least.

The Cyclone win clearly caused the change to a playoff system and therefore is probably the greatest moment in college football, maybe ever.

The SEC having two teams in the NC game was a bigger factor. Ok State didn't deserve to be in the 'ship and it was a good thing that they lost in Ames.

I can't remember the exact scenario but they were trying to remember the name of a Hawkeye player that was incredibly easy to name. It would have been like "who was the guy that threw that last second touchdown in the Captial one bowl?" was that Nate Chandler?

Yep. They do that all the time. One time he was trying to remember when Dallas Clark left. He guessed 2005...so he only missed it by almost a whole recruiting class.

The SEC having two teams in the NC game was a bigger factor. Ok State didn't deserve to be in the 'ship and it was a good thing that they lost in Ames.

I know I was being sarcastic. Because the cyclones think they are the reason there is going to a playoff when in reality it has been building for years now and eventually was going to happen. It just was a question of when.

That morning show is AWFUL! Unlistenable as far as I'm concerned. This market has to have the worst local talent right now. Larry freaking Cotler? I definitely miss Jon and Deace big time.

The funny thing I've noticed is that the booth guys for both the morning and the afternoon are better than the "talent" guys. I sh!t you not. Give Joe and Andrew a show.

Latest posts