Ken miller kxno, get your facts straight.

whenever they talk about a national figure brinson is like "o ya, i've worked with him so many times, or i've interviewed him so many times" but if he was such buddy buddies with these guys why doesn't he ever have them on. Every time Ken asks Brinson to bring someone on he's like I'll make a call and then they never come on.

Oh less we forget, some ISU fans claim the win over iowa last year was bigger than the win over #2 OKSTATE.
Who the **** said that? They should be shot.

Idk how to copy threads, but there was a thread where it talkd about how someone saw a licence plate that said the score of last yrs cyhawk game, even tho they beat the #2 ranked team in the same year. I know, stupid right.

marty and miller wasn't a terrible combo IMO. yea marty is a bloward and a total bafoon but miller kind of offset that pretty nicely. and they'd go back and forth on things. made for decent radio.

100x better than who he's with now and perrault was just the worst.

When you remove the obvious differences between Marty, Matt and Jim are all in that market for a reason. That reason being they're basically cookie cutter sports radio guys when you get past their idiosyncrasies.

Loud, opinionated, obstinate, brash...from a pure content perspective none really held an advantage over the other.

the ISU win over OSU had a huge impact on the BCS. ISU overcame a 17 point deficit. it was on national TV and was the only game on at the time, everyone saw it. it basically took any chance weedon had at the heisman away. it was definitely a bigger win than Iowa over PSU. no question.

that being said, i don't really believe that it was the biggest sports moment/accomplishment in the history of the state of Iowa. ISU benefited tremendously here from recency effect.

B&B in CR were having a pretty good discussion about this on my ride home. there are tons of things that could be thrown out there.

things that i think are likely equal or greater than the ISU win -

Zach Johnson masters
Cael undefeated
Gable in the olympics
whatever year iowa beat michigan (i think 85)
nile kinnick heisman
UNI over KU in the tourney

I would put the Northwestern win over Iowa in 2009 on this list as well. Pretty big upset and huge moment in Iowa sports history.

The ISU win is not a top 5 moment in Iowa Sports history. maybe not even top 10. One of the top moments in ISU history, yes.

Iowa v Michigan is up there.
Hawks won their 9th straight wrestling championship.
When Sanderson went undefeated.
Sanderson winning gold
Shawn Johnson's olympic medals
Zach Johnson winning Masters.
Drake basketball going to final four and almost beating UCLA, finishing 3rd overall.
ISU basketball winning two straight Big 12 championships.
Iowa Basketball going to final four in 1980
Kurt Warner nfl championship
Kinnick Heisman

All those to me are better than the ISU v OSU game and UNI v KU and there might be more.

Are you sure?

penn state was #3. they were not getting to the title game over tOSU or LSU. even if they had beaten Iowa.

and i didn't sit there and come up with every moment in the state. those were just the ones that popped out at me. lighten up there little fella, you're gonna give yourself and aneurysm.

Penn State was undefeated, had just come off beating Ohio State 13-6. Oklahoma had already lost to Texas, Texas would lose to Texas Tech. Florida and Oklahoma (both with 1 loss) ended up playing for the BCS title. An undefeated Penn State would certainly have been in the BCS title game.

As to other moments, I would include:

Iowa's comeback against Georgetown in the Elite 8 to make it to the Final Four (1980 I believe). It was certainly a bigger win with more on the line than UNI over Kansas.
Any of Bob Feller's 3 no-hitters or being inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962.
Paul Krause inducted into Football Hall of Fame in 1998 (still NFL interceptions leader).

For being sports talk hosts their recollection of sporting events and players is terrible. They aren't biased, they're just bad

You nailed it. I don't mind Miller's personality. If he had a Jon Miller to drive the conversation and actually remember the facts, I think he could be a decent co-host.

Miller is tolerable... Brinson is a complete tool. They keep saying he was somebody once... but he is DM now. So... that's all you need to know.

I would so much rather listen to Chris Hassell doing Brinson for 3 hours a day, than Brinson himself.

You nailed it. I don't mind Miller's personality. If he had a Jon Miller to drive the conversation and actually remember the facts, I think he could be a decent co-host.

I can't remember the exact scenario but they were trying to remember the name of a Hawkeye player that was incredibly easy to name. It would have been like "who was the guy that threw that last second touchdown in the Captial one bowl?" was that Nate Chandler?

Miller claims to be impartial but he is far from it. I believe he attended ISU. I think son currently attends as well.

Ken Miller is for the most part a decent talking head. But it seems it's always been his partners who are the main hosts. Terrell and Perrault were both nothing more than pot stirrers but they generated good talk. Because they knew what topics people were interested in. Brinson for the most part seems to ignore the fact that central Iowa is driven mainly by Hawkeye/Cyclone talk and instead tries too hard to bring the topics that worked well in his previous jobs. The NBA and the NHL don't usually generate much hype around here though.

Ken Miller is a second banana, more importantly he is good at it and he doesn't mind being that. With Brinson he has to do a lot of the heavy lifting which makes for not very good radio.

Miller claims to be impartial but he is far from it. I believe he attended ISU. I think son currently attends as well.

Ken's from Canada. I don't think he attended ISU. Furthermore if he did go to ISU he burned a lot of bridges because none of the athletic department will agree to come on their show.

You guys are forgetting that the ISU win over OSU last year propelled them to a Pinstripe Bowl berth and a 6-7 record.

It doesn't get much bigger than that.

Its amazing Brinson is even on the radio for sports, every time I listen he has no clue what he is talking about. DMI's sports talk radio is certainly not up to par.

Its amazing Brinson is even on the radio for sports, every time I listen he has no clue what he is talking about. DMI's sports talk radio is certainly not up to par.

Along with his ******* idiosyncrasies like calling fans "dopes" and constantly talking about going to adult beverage stands.

So I didnt hear the whole conversation but they were talking about espn iowas best sports moments/plays poll, and they said 1985 iowa mich game was #1, but they were debating weather or not iowa/#3 penn st was better then isu beaating OK state. But what got me was ken miller saying "i dont know if penn st was #5 or #6 or what at the time, so isu might be better." They were trying so hard to downgrade iowas win, then luckily a guy came on saying look at what happend after that iowa upset win compared to the isu upset win. I hardly ever listen to these guys, but anytime I do, they dont know sh¡T about iowa sports.

Oh the agony! The horror!

Another example of why you would fit in better over at Cyclone Fanatic.

1. Blaming refs - Check
2. Butthurt over semantics in coversation of a radio host - check
3. On the verge of calling for a boycott of said radio station - check

Please denounce your fandom of the hawks and don the bed sheets covered in adult urine yellow and butthurt blood red of the clones. You're an embarassment.

Thanks

Latest posts