Ken miller kxno, get your facts straight.

What about lost wages Nevada. that is another annoying cheesy line used over and over by Brinson.

Brinson is awful. I like Miller. He's smart and says what he thinks. If you want to do a good Jim Brinson all you have to do is start with a Jimmy Stewart impression. Then, do an impression of Jimmy Stewart, doing an impression of Will Farrell's impression of Harry Caray. You'll sound like Brinson b4 you know it.

I wish Brinson would leave Des Moines and take Tim Fischer with him. This town is in desperate need of a decent talk show host during morning and afternoon drive times. I like others like Miller, but he needs help. Sometimes I get the sense he can't stand Jimmy B

I wish Brinson would leave Des Moines and take Tim Fischer with him. This town is in desperate need of a decent talk show host during morning and afternoon drive times. I like others like Miller, but he needs help. Sometimes I get the sense he can't stand Jimmy B

That morning show is AWFUL! Unlistenable as far as I'm concerned. This market has to have the worst local talent right now. Larry freaking Cotler? I definitely miss Jon and Deace big time.

That morning show is AWFUL! Unlistenable as far as I'm concerned. This market has to have the worst local talent right now. Larry freaking Cotler? I definitely miss Jon and Deace big time.

Cotler is the worst...ever. I think you and I could get tougher and do a better show than most of these hacks. Although Clone fans may disagree ;-)

And before anyone says it, I know sports radio is hard and not everyone can do it.

I think for something to qualify as an 'Iowa sports moment', it has to involve someone representing the state of Iowa in some way shape or form. I think that disqualifies Olympic accomplishments from the conversation. These would fall under 'Best sports moments by an Iowan'. I also think it disqualifies professional accomplishments, namely Zach Johnson. I understand that he represented Iowa sort of, but by that line of thinking we should add Kurt Warner winning a Super Bowl and being named MVP to the list.

Clones beating Okie St is bigger than Iowa beating Penn St simply because nobody had ISU having a chance in hell to win that game. It was a bigger moment for them because it was a completely unexpected performance and dramatic overtime win. That said, any of the Hawks' Big Ten Championships easily surpass either of those games. It was a great win for ISU but that one victory is not something to hang your hat on.

I think Houghtlin is the biggest "moment". National implications. 1 vs 2. Last play of the game. 'Walk off' shot, if you will. There was something to lose. There was something to gain. They WERE number 1 so technically expected to win, so it doesn't have the unexpectedness. But I think it's more about how they won.

The "catch" with the clone win over Okie State is this. While it was a huge upset with National implications... only one team was relevant.

A battle between TWO heavyweights...or even one heavyweight and one contender is a much different story.

But there is an upside. Now they'll have something to talk about besides Seneca Wallace

Come up with one ISU fan who claimed this.

Most of my friends are ISU alums and I know many others. Not one would claim this. It was fun, but no where near the Pokes game. If an ISU fan really thinks it was bigger they need to get a grip.

So I didnt hear the whole conversation but they were talking about espn iowas best sports moments/plays poll, and they said 1985 iowa mich game was #1, but they were debating weather or not iowa/#3 penn st was better then isu beaating OK state. But what got me was ken miller saying "i dont know if penn st was #5 or #6 or what at the time, so isu might be better." They were trying so hard to downgrade iowas win, then luckily a guy came on saying look at what happend after that iowa upset win compared to the isu upset win. I hardly ever listen to these guys, but anytime I do, they dont know sh¡T about iowa sports.
Oh the agony! The horror! Another example of why you would fit in better over at Cyclone Fanatic. 1. Blaming refs - Check2. Butthurt over semantics in coversation of a radio host - check3. On the verge of calling for a boycott of said radio station - check Please denounce your fandom of the hawks and don the bed sheets covered in adult urine yellow and butthurt blood red of the clones. You're an embarassment. Thanks

I thought clown fans claimed iowas fans bitched about refs, did I ever say I was boycotting kxno? No, oh and sorry if I attend the UofI and have been going to iowa games my whole life, and tattoo of a tiger hawk on my shoulder. Im pretty sure I deserve to be a hawk fan more than you ****** bag travisam. sorry, not heading to iowa state fandom anytime soon. But you should consider it.

I am starting to think Bergie must have a fresh Tigerhawk tat on his butt, because he seems to be projecting a great deal of butt-hurt the last few days.

Sleep on your stomach brah.

Latest posts