Ken miller kxno, get your facts straight.

BergHawk7

So I didnt hear the whole conversation but they were talking about espn iowas best sports moments/plays poll, and they said 1985 iowa mich game was #1, but they were debating weather or not iowa/#3 penn st was better then isu beaating OK state. But what got me was ken miller saying "i dont know if penn st was #5 or #6 or what at the time, so isu might be better." They were trying so hard to downgrade iowas win, then luckily a guy came on saying look at what happend after that iowa upset win compared to the isu upset win. I hardly ever listen to these guys, but anytime I do, they dont know sh¡T about iowa sports.

the ISU win over OSU had a huge impact on the BCS. ISU overcame a 17 point deficit. it was on national TV and was the only game on at the time, everyone saw it. it basically took any chance weedon had at the heisman away. it was definitely a bigger win than Iowa over PSU. no question.

that being said, i don't really believe that it was the biggest sports moment/accomplishment in the history of the state of Iowa. ISU benefited tremendously here from recency effect.

B&B in CR were having a pretty good discussion about this on my ride home. there are tons of things that could be thrown out there.

things that i think are likely equal or greater than the ISU win -

Zach Johnson masters
Cael undefeated
Gable in the olympics
whatever year iowa beat michigan (i think 85)
nile kinnick heisman
UNI over KU in the tourney

Last edited:

to your mother

6a00e54ee2334e88340111689a315e970c-400wi

the ISU win over OSU had a huge impact on the BCS. ISU overcame a 17 point deficit. it was on national TV and was the only game on at the time, everyone saw it. it basically took any chance weedon had at the heisman away. it was definitely a bigger win than Iowa over PSU. no question.

that being said, i don't really believe that it was the biggest sports moment/accomplishment in the history of the state of Iowa. ISU benefited tremendously here from recency effect.

B&B in CR were having a pretty good discussion about this on my ride home. there are tons of things that could be thrown out there.

things that i think are likely equal or greater than the ISU win -

Zach Johnson masters
Cael undefeated
Gable in the olympics
whatever year iowa beat michigan (i think 85)
nile kinnick heisman
UNI over KU in the tourney
OK Mr French, Penn St was in the same position as okie st, ranked #2, undefeated, and on at nite with much of the country watching the hawks.

Iowa winning kept Penn St from winning the big 10 and probably playing in national championship game.

And you go all the way back to gable and Kinnick but you rank UNI over KU in the tourney ahead of Iowa's 3 final four appearances, Really????

Oh less we forget, some ISU fans claim the win over iowa last year was bigger than the win over #2 OKSTATE.

For being sports talk hosts their recollection of sporting events and players is terrible. They aren't biased, they're just bad

OK Mr French, Penn St was in the same position as okie st, ranked #2, undefeated, and on at nite with much of the country watching the hawks.

Iowa winning kept Penn St from winning the big 10 and probably playing in national championship game.

And you go all the way back to gable and Kinnick but you rank UNI over KU in the tourney ahead of Iowa's 3 final four appearances, Really????

penn state was #3. they were not getting to the title game over tOSU or LSU. even if they had beaten Iowa.

and i didn't sit there and come up with every moment in the state. those were just the ones that popped out at me. lighten up there little fella, you're gonna give yourself and aneurysm.

For being sports talk hosts their recollection of sporting events and players is terrible. They aren't biased, they're just bad

They're just bad in general. Brinson has no clue what topics drive this market. I'm surprised Perrault didn't leave his cliff notes on the desk when he left. It's simple, college football, college basketball, NFL, some MLB, then everything else. Yet Brinson loves to force the NBA and NHL down our throats. Perrault was a giant turd and a pot stirrer but he at least knew what people wanted to talk about.

penn state was #3. they were not getting to the title game over tOSU or LSU. even if they had beaten Iowa.

and i didn't sit there and come up with every moment in the state. those were just the ones that popped out at me. lighten up there little fella, you're gonna give yourself and aneurysm.

Penn State beat Ohio State that year idiot. An undefeated PSU would have played in the BCS title game that year. That was the year Florida and Oklahoma played for the title and the BCS was a complete mess.

Keep trollin though bud.

They're just bad in general. Brinson has no clue what topics drive this market. I'm surprised Perrault didn't leave his cliff notes on the desk when he left. It's simple, college football, college basketball, NFL, some MLB, then everything else. Yet Brinson loves to force the NBA and NHL down our throats. Perrault was a giant turd and a pot stirrer but he at least knew what people wanted to talk about.

it really hurts me to say this. I repeat. IT HURTS ME TO SAY THIS. but when i still lived in central Iowa i actually didn't mind Miller's old afternoon show much, and miller and daece weren't bad either.

anymore when i'm through there i turn on KXNO only to hear the national syndications, then go back to satellite once the locals come back on.

Penn State beat Ohio State that year idiot. An undefeated PSU would have played in the BCS title game that year. That was the year Florida and Oklahoma played for the title and the BCS was a complete mess.

Keep trollin though bud.

oh, duh. thats my mistake. i was thinking of the previous year for some reason.

how exactly am i trolling?

Miller is tolerable... Brinson is a complete tool. They keep saying he was somebody once... but he is DM now. So... that's all you need to know.

Couple things...... tOSU was 10-3 and lost to PSU…they weren’t going ahead of PSU. PSU likely was going to play in the NC had they gone undefeated.

Now with that said I have no issue with ISU and them beating Okie St because quite frankly it never happens. Iowa has beaten high ranked teams many times and have been high ranked many times. ISU has not and did it when they HAD too beat one of those last 3 teams too even make a bowl game. It was unheard of and defined them…..good and bad. Iowa is defined by a great deal more than the Penn St win. Iowa fans should not be offended or alarmed or surprised that someone would suggest the Okie St game was bigger.

Quite frankly if any fan base has a real complaint it might be UNI. KU is A way more relevant team historically in basketball than Okie St in football and that was a huge win. Now, with that said UNI has also been a goodly deal more proficient in bball than ISU has been in football so here we are again full circle. ISU has not been good, they beat a team ranked #2 and then proceeded to lose their next 3 games….so really it was more alarming/shocking and therefore bigger.

Last edited:
it really hurts me to say this. I repeat. IT HURTS ME TO SAY THIS. but when i still lived in central Iowa i actually didn't mind Miller's old afternoon show much, and miller and daece weren't bad either.

anymore when i'm through there i turn on KXNO only to hear the national syndications, then go back to satellite once the locals come back on.

Ken Miller is for the most part a decent talking head. But it seems it's always been his partners who are the main hosts. Terrell and Perrault were both nothing more than pot stirrers but they generated good talk. Because they knew what topics people were interested in. Brinson for the most part seems to ignore the fact that central Iowa is driven mainly by Hawkeye/Cyclone talk and instead tries too hard to bring the topics that worked well in his previous jobs. The NBA and the NHL don't usually generate much hype around here though.

Ken Miller is for the most part a decent talking head. But it seems it's always been his partners who are the main hosts. Terrell and Perrault were both nothing more than pot stirrers but they generated good talk. Because they knew what topics people were interested in. Brinson for the most part seems to ignore the fact that central Iowa is driven mainly by Hawkeye/Cyclone talk and instead tries too hard to bring the topics that worked well in his previous jobs. The NBA and the NHL don't usually generate much hype around here though.

marty and miller wasn't a terrible combo IMO. yea marty is a bloward and a total bafoon but miller kind of offset that pretty nicely. and they'd go back and forth on things. made for decent radio.

100x better than who he's with now and perrault was just the worst.

marty and miller wasn't a terrible combo IMO. yea marty is a bloward and a total bafoon but miller kind of offset that pretty nicely. and they'd go back and forth on things. made for decent radio.

100x better than who he's with now and perrault was just the worst.

Perrault ****** me off a lot but at least he was knowledgable. Brinson, not so much.

Latest posts