Kelton Copeland on Oliver Martin

It is mind boggling how little college football knowledge some of Da Haters have. I mean they really think that other teams in the B1G are lining up 5 super awesome WR who all have 10 receptions a game.

They see the points put up by OSU and highlights.

Iowa isn't getting the points that it's reception merit because they have no run game. With a 60% completion percentage, and a 10 play average drive to score, to cover 75 yards on a field you need to average 12.5 yards per reception, and you can't have three incompletions in a row on the entire drive. Iowa averages around 7.2 yards per catch. Hence, no tds.

Honestly, they need to run more deep slants with the slot/te, with a flag/fade outside and a quick out underneath as the outlet with the te/slot. Flood that zone, mesh the press coverage, and maybe isolate a lb or a strong safety on a wr. But two of those routes, the first reads, need to go to the sticks or beyond. Hell, roll Stanley out that way and maybe we can gain some yards on designed QB runs, too.

I don't understand Oliver not playing more special teams. If we are going to burn his redshirt we need to use him more. He could have sat out the year to learn our system. Please don't waste his season coach. That being said, in the one pass in the flat I did see Nate throw to him, he didn't have the speed to turn the corner on the defense. So I'm not sure he has elite speed.

I don't understand Oliver not playing more special teams. If we are going to burn his redshirt we need to use him more. He could have sat out the year to learn our system. Please don't waste his season coach. That being said, in the one pass in the flat I did see Nate throw to him, he didn't have the speed to turn the corner on the defense. So I'm not sure he has elite speed.
He doesn't have a redshirt year left.

There is NO reason why Martin shouldn't be on the field more. He was out there more earlier in the year. Our receiving group is in the bottom 1/4 of the conference easily. What has anyone done ahead of him to warrant him not seeing playing time? Tracy drops balls every game, Ragaini dropped how many at NW, and its not like our receivers are lighting up opposing defenses every game either. They struggle to get open, so why isn't Martin getting his chance? Is he in the KF doghouse? Are they holding a grudge because he first went to Michigan? Either one is possible. There is no reason though why he should not be on the field more with the lackluster group we have out there now.

<<Either one is possible>>

You know what is FACT, though? OM got here in June. Thus, no formal practice until July.

Sigh. Oliver Martin already used his redshirt. At Michigan. Where he chose to go when he committed after slumber parties and pool dives, and GDGD/White/Kennedy were intent on ruining the recruiting and program.

yeah. If we had a really good run game, you would be bitching that our pass game was no good.

What gives dude. We are 121st in rushing on the road. Sorry your world isn't all unicorns. Against ISU, M, PSU, NW, we've scored what.... 4 TD s? Not rushing only but 4? Several or those were in the air. Several were pass.

Fact is despite the stats, the passing game has holes. Can't screen. Struggle to hit receivers on the run. Is analysis prohibited?

yeah. If we had a really good run game, you would be bitching that our pass game was no good.
Predictable. Boring. Stuck in the past.

But Stanley/Iowa at the top kinda shatters the argument

What gives dude. We are 121st in rushing on the road. Sorry your world isn't all unicorns. Against ISU, M, PSU, NW, we've scored what.... 4 TD s? Not rushing only but 4? Several or those were in the air. Several were pass.

Fact is despite the stats, the passing game has holes. Can't screen. Struggle to hit receivers on the run. Is analysis prohibited?
where did he say your analysis/opinion should be prohibited?

Is his analysis of your analysis prohibited?
Cuz he’s not wrong.

Guys that bitch and moan about Hawkeye coaches/players sure do bitch/moan a lot when they get pushback on their analysis/opinion.

where did he say your analysis/opinion should be prohibited?

Is his analysis of your analysis prohibited?
Cuz he’s not wrong.

Guys that bitch and moan about Hawkeye coaches/players sure do bitch/moan a lot when they get pushback on their analysis/opinion.

Where you came up with that is baffling. Go back to your other alts.

Many Big teams would never take Stanley as is. I don't think the issue is Stanley. At issue is his coaching and holes in the line. The holes are also on coaching.

The Ferentz family would try and make my border collie a lapdog

Where you came up with that is baffling. Go back to your other alts.

Many Big teams would never take Stanley as is. I don't think the issue is Stanley. At issue is his coaching and holes in the line. The holes are also on coaching.

The Ferentz family would try and make my border collie a lapdog
Stop projecting. Stop putting words in people’s mouths.

Reverse Psychology? Damn..
Stop being stupid.

He didn’t say you couldn’t have your own opinion.

He offered his opinion about your opinion. It was different than yours — thankfully.

And you whine about it and claim he’s telling you that you can’t have an opinion.

You are a not a child anymore. Time for some mature thinking: is disagreeing with you equated to telling you to shut up?

Stop being stupid.

He offered his opinion about your opinion. It was different than yours — thankfully.

And you whine about it and claim he’s telling you that you can’t have an opinion.

You are a not a child anymore. Time for some mature thinking: is disagreeing with you equated to telling you to shut up?
Stop being stupid.

You need Google translate.

Latest posts