Keegan thinking about coming back?

Luka came back and I'd be willing to bet that when he's an old man he will look back on that decision as one of the best he ever made. If he left the year before, no scoring record. No jersey in the rafters. He's remembered as a great player, bit not the all time greatest. That extra year playing pro ball isn't a big deal. But the legacy he cemented last year is.
Not to take anything away from Garza, but Keegan's ceiling is WAAAAAAAY higher in the NBA than Luka's.

I SAW A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THIS ONCE AND THE LIMO MIGHT NOT ALWAYS BE THE BEST IDEA. THIS GUY, I THINK HIS NAME WAS VALENTINE, GOT IN THE LIMO WITH THESE TWO EVIL GUYS, THE DUKE BROTHERS (NOT THE DUKE BOYS FROM DUKES OF HAZZARD).

LONG STORY SHORT, THE DUKE BROTHERS HAD A ONE DOLLAR BET THAT THEY COULD TAKE SOMEONE FROM A FLAMING DUMPSTER AND MAKE HIM SUCCESSFUL AND THAT THEY COULD RUIN AN ALREADY SUCCESSFUL MAN. WELL, IT TURNED OUT THAT IN THE END THE DUKE BROTHERS GOT IT WRONG AND THEY ENDED UP LOSING THEIR FORTUNES ON A BAD BET ON FROZEN CONCENTRATE ORANGE JUICE FUTURES.
It was a $5 bet and the guy's name was Billy Razors, but you got the general idea right.

Well I wouldn’t get my hopes up but would be awesome with the two guards Fran is bringing in next year, another upgrade in talent.

It sounds like Rebracca and Conner are both coming back. It has to become official first but that eases the blow of losing Keegan if they come back.

this is a good take and something I hadn't really thought about
Agree. Once the kids hit the league (if they even stick), the funs over and its all business, sex, and money from there on out. A lot of these guys grow up way too fast and hardly know how to handle themselves when on their own.

Thoughts on returnees:

Will all three guards come back? (JT, Ulis, Perkins)

Will Ogundele come back?

Will Mulvey be ready to play minutes?

If yes to any of the above, will they be ready to play center so FR can go to his true position
of strong forward?

Luka came back and I'd be willing to bet that when he's an old man he will look back on that decision as one of the best he ever made. If he left the year before, no scoring record. No jersey in the rafters. He's remembered as a great player, bit not the all time greatest. That extra year playing pro ball isn't a big deal. But the legacy he cemented last year is.
Exactly on point along with previous mentioned reasons. Believe It or not people there is much more to life than money and not everyone's world revolves around it. He will be far from destitute with NIL $ next year.

May want to ask Linderbaum if he regrets his decision to return for another season because he loved being a HAWK and wasn't ready to give that up for money that would be there for him IN ONE MORE YEAR. And NFL careers typically last a fraction of NBAers.

I will not be surprised if Keagan returns, rather I will be proud of him. He will be able to cement his legacy along side the greatest Hawkeyes of all time versus simply having had a season for the ages. And the memories he would make with his best friend/brother will be priceless.

I see him going to the league. You never know what will happen. Remember Shaun Livingston? He committed to Duke but jumped immediately to the NBA. In what would have been his junior year at Duke, going in for a relatively uncontested layup and completely tore up his knee. If he hadn't gone when he did, he may have never gone. I'm not saying the same thing would happen with Keegan, but sometimes even a round ball bounces funny.

I think he should take the $$ and run. Basketball careers in the NBA are not long term as it is. I would probably get a bunch of "not likes" if we had that option, but thats just my opinion.

I agree with you and remember Keegan has been out of high school for 3 years, 3 seasons. He is the age and maturity of a college player who finished his junior year. Yes he has at least two years of hawkeye eligibility but by all reports he has proved he is a top draft pick.

I think the only reasons he would want to stay is first if he feels he needs to work on his game some more, get stronger, hone his craft, and play another year with Kris. But like I say he is older and stronger. But we can all imagine the want to play with his identical twin brother if he stays. We all wanted to play sports with our brothers growing up.

Laughable guys in here are worried about Keegan's pocketbook...he will be fine no matter what he does. I care more about the team hence I'd like him back. Rooting for guys to leave and grab money...honestly get outta here with that crap. Absurd to the max. I'm sure Keegan is capable of being financially stable without your help.

Well one aspect of it is what would a really good man, as Keegan is described, do with some big bucks. I am sure he will be ok financially if the economy pretty much stays the same. But a young person who makes millions can parlay that into doing good work and helping a lot of people if that is something they envision.

It is not always about how much you make but what you do with it like helping people out in some manner.

Laughable guys in here are worried about Keegan's pocketbook...he will be fine no matter what he does. I care more about the team hence I'd like him back. Rooting for guys to leave and grab money...honestly get outta here with that crap. Absurd to the max. I'm sure Keegan is capable of being financially stable without your help.

I love my job and the company I work for. I'll be financially stable too. If someone wanted to pay me 20 million dollars, I'd still take it.

Also, from what his own father has said elsewhere, it's his dream to play in the NBA. That's got a lot of value too. We'll see what happens but I'd be shocked to see him come back.

Not to take anything away from Garza, but Keegan's ceiling is WAAAAAAAY higher in the NBA than Luka's.
Correct. But that doesn't change anything I said. It just changes how much risk is involved. But one more calculation you have to make when assessing risk is guys like Garza can have their pro career fall apart over injuries that aren't necessarily career enders, just because the smaller injury can be enough to close the window of a tweener NBA talent. Guys like Keegan are too talented to have the window closed by less severe injuries. So the money he is risking is more, but his odds of his pro career chances ending due to an injury is less.

I love my job and the company I work for. I'll be financially stable too. If someone wanted to pay me 20 million dollars, I'd still take it.

Also, from what his own father has said elsewhere, it's his dream to play in the NBA. That's got a lot of value too. We'll see what happens but I'd be shocked to see him come back.
So to make your example more applicable to Keegan's situation, what would you do if your company was going to close down in a year and you had the option to finish with them, then take the 20 mil in a year? How about if the company you worked for gave you a couple mil to finish out another year and then the 20 mil offer was still on the table in a year?

People always say "you can't pass up that money". But you aren't passing it up. You're putting it on hold for a year. 99.9% of the time a pretty similar offer is waiting on the table for next year. The .1% of the time it ends up not there due to a career ending injury can be mostly made up with NIL deals and insurance policies.

The best argument for Keegan leaving is his odds of dropping from a top 10 pick are higher than his odds of rising, or probably staying the same a year later. There is a pretty decent chance he would end up a slightly lower pick next year. That could cost him a few mil. How much he could make thos year in NIL and how worth it it is for him to play for fun one more year are the questions.

I know a guy who had all the tools to become very successful after college but his love for the college atmosphere kept him there for 7 years. It drove his dad nuts. He eventually graduated and moved on to the real world. But he has the memories of those 7 years for the rest of his life. Van Wilder was his name.

So to make your example more applicable to Keegan's situation, what would you do if your company was going to close down in a year and you had the option to finish with them, then take the 20 mil in a year? How about if the company you worked for gave you a couple mil to finish out another year and then the 20 mil offer was still on the table in a year?

People always say "you can't pass up that money". But you aren't passing it up. You're putting it on hold for a year. 99.9% of the time a pretty similar offer is waiting on the table for next year. The .1% of the time it ends up not there due to a career ending injury can be mostly made up with NIL deals and insurance policies.

1. Nothing is guaranteed.
2. You’re assuming he’d rather stay at Iowa than go to the NBA all things considered. We don’t know that, and based on things Kenyon has said it sounds like the NBA is his dream.

1. Nothing is guaranteed.
2. You’re assuming he’d rather stay at Iowa than go to the NBA all things considered. We don’t know that, and based on things Kenyon has said it sounds like the NBA is his dream.
^^^^I think this needs to be applied to Kris as well. I think Kris is staying, but I don't think it is a lock everyone is making it out to be.

Just because his dream is to play in the NBA, does him possibly wanting to play another year as a Hawkeye change that in any way? He also grew up dreaming of being a Hawkeye and maybe he doesn't want that dream to end as the nightmare it just was.