Keegan thinking about coming back?

He’s gone
McCaffrey needs to tell him to go! If he doesn't shame on him
good kid good family and he doesn't owe Iowa anything. Needs to go to the pros make a ton of money and donate to the University of Iowa Children's hospital (or some other worthy cause)

Good one

Nobody on here is rooting for him to leave. We're using logic in predicting why he will go. Of course we'd like to see him in Black and Gold for another season.
I get it, but the ones here that fanboy for the fella to grab money and run....just stupid. Not something that needs cheered on IMO. I honestly think Keegan does weight room work in the off season, and tweaks his game, and comes back. he's gonna be fine regardless.

Joe W left early, and certainly isnt tearing anything up right now.

McCaffrey needs to tell him to go! If he doesn't shame on him
good kid good family and he doesn't owe Iowa anything. Needs to go to the pros make a ton of money and donate to the University of Iowa Children's hospital (or some other worthy cause)
You assume most of those spoiled brats in the nba give freely of their money. Laughable.

I am not cheering for him to go at all...and of course Fran is telling him to go to the NBA. Fran cares about his players and wants what's best for him. He's advising Keegan to go without a doubt. He's said several times this season that he's a top 10 pick next season. He's publicly told Keegan to go pro.

With NIL a thing now, you might see guys stay longer. They can make 6 figures when you're at Keegan's level and that's a nice alternative that wasn't afforded to potential top picks in the past. I still don't think he stays but there's always that twin bond angle that you can't completely ignore.
I am an identical twin and I see this as a very realistic angle. If they are as close as most twins then this has a large chance to outweigh any logic that should probably be used.

It woulda been interesting had he said something like 'I'm not going out like that' and is coming back. Granted he shouldn't and won't. But that'd sure be something if he did. Literally nobody else would.

FRAN SHOULDN'T EVEN LET HIM COME BACK. HEAR ME OUT. SAY THE KID GOES AND PUTS ON ANOTHER 15 POUNDS AND LOSES HALF A STEP OR EVER SO SLIGHTLY CHANGES HIS SHOT LIKE WE SAW WITH BASABE. IT COULD COST HIM HUGE.

GREASY COACHES WILL PRESSURE STARS TO COME BACK AND THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE IT HASN'T WORKED OUT FOR THE ATHLETE. SULLINGER FROM OHIO WAS A PRIME EXAMPLE. THERE WAS A KID AT MARYLAND A FEW YEARS AGO IN THE SAME BOAT. FORGOT HIS NAME. I HONESTLY THINK YOU ARE BETTER OFF GOING INTO THE NBA DRAFT WITH "POTENTIAL" RATHER THAN "TALENT" BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE NBA CARES ABOUT. EVERYONE WANTS THE HIGH CEILING GUY AND THE MORE TAPE YOU GIVE THE SCOUTS, THE LOWER YOUR "POTENTIAL" IS GONNA BE. PLUS, HE'S OLD BY NBA DRAFT STANDARDS. HE ABSOLUTELY HAS TO GO AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM BACK IN AN IOWA UNIFORM NEXT YEAR BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR TO HIM.

Damn, Ken

I have to use a magnifying glass to read your posts

Nikki Maialina - Page 262 - Women of Curvage (Pictures/Videos) - Curvage

It's All Good

:cool:

Well, Luka came back

And had a better year and made a ton of cake/cabbage, that is

Playing with his brother another year could cause him to return

But, he could probably cover Kris's salary to play on his Pro team after the
next season at Iowa

What Keegan said was some feel-good stuff to ease the pain a little with his teammates.

Which is admirable.

Laughable guys in here are worried about Keegan's pocketbook...he will be fine no matter what he does. I care more about the team hence I'd like him back. Rooting for guys to leave and grab money...honestly get outta here with that crap. Absurd to the max. I'm sure Keegan is capable of being financially stable without your help.
I'm obviously not in keegan's shoes. He has many factors to consider. His dad can help him walk through the decision he has to make. It's not like keegan is going to thumb through this forum looking for advise. I would love to see keegan return but at the same time i'd find great joy in watching him cash that check just like i'm going to enjoy watching Tyler L cash that check and just like i enjoyed watching wirfs cash that check along w/ all past hawkeye players alike who have left early to cash that check. Hawkeye sports aren't going away just because a player leaves early to set themselves up for the rest of their and their potential future family's lives.

I get it, but the ones here that fanboy for the fella to grab money and run....just stupid. Not something that needs cheered on IMO. I honestly think Keegan does weight room work in the off season, and tweaks his game, and comes back. he's gonna be fine regardless.

Joe W left early, and certainly isnt tearing anything up right now.
Tell ya what, Jack...

Let's put our money where our mouths are. If KM comes back I donate $50 to the children's Hospital, and if he leaves you donate $50 to the Children's Hospital.

Nut up or shut up.

BTW I'm a man of my word and people here will tell you I've never not paid up on a bet. I've screenshotted proof every single time.

What's the harm? Either way the kids benefit...you scared or no?

Tell ya what, Jack...

Let's put our money where our mouths are. If KM comes back I donate $50 to the children's Hospital, and if he leaves you donate $50 to the Children's Hospital.

Nut up or shut up.

BTW I'm a man of my word and people here will tell you I've never not paid up on a bet. I've screenshotted proof every single time.

What's the harm? Either way the kids benefit...you scared or no?
You would have to give odds on that one.

Well, Luka came back

And had a better year and made a ton of cake/cabbage, that is

Playing with his brother another year could cause him to return

But, he could probably cover Kris's salary to play on his Pro team after the
next season at Iowa
Luka came back and I'd be willing to bet that when he's an old man he will look back on that decision as one of the best he ever made. If he left the year before, no scoring record. No jersey in the rafters. He's remembered as a great player, bit not the all time greatest. That extra year playing pro ball isn't a big deal. But the legacy he cemented last year is.

If you’re sitting in a flaming dumpster and a limo pulls up, get in the limo.
I SAW A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THIS ONCE AND THE LIMO MIGHT NOT ALWAYS BE THE BEST IDEA. THIS GUY, I THINK HIS NAME WAS VALENTINE, GOT IN THE LIMO WITH THESE TWO EVIL GUYS, THE DUKE BROTHERS (NOT THE DUKE BOYS FROM DUKES OF HAZZARD).

LONG STORY SHORT, THE DUKE BROTHERS HAD A ONE DOLLAR BET THAT THEY COULD TAKE SOMEONE FROM A FLAMING DUMPSTER AND MAKE HIM SUCCESSFUL AND THAT THEY COULD RUIN AN ALREADY SUCCESSFUL MAN. WELL, IT TURNED OUT THAT IN THE END THE DUKE BROTHERS GOT IT WRONG AND THEY ENDED UP LOSING THEIR FORTUNES ON A BAD BET ON FROZEN CONCENTRATE ORANGE JUICE FUTURES.

Luka came back and I'd be willing to bet that when he's an old man he will look back on that decision as one of the best he ever made. If he left the year before, no scoring record. No jersey in the rafters. He's remembered as a great player, bit not the all time greatest. That extra year playing pro ball isn't a big deal. But the legacy he cemented last year is.
this is a good take and something I hadn't really thought about

Latest posts