KCTV 5: Texas and Texas A&M petitioning Big 10..

I will be the first person to say that I don't really want TX. A&M would be cool but I know it is a package deal. But, the talk that TX would somehow bring down the Bigten is ridiculous. They brought down the Big12 because the Big12 allowed them to. They were treated differently and they were paid differently. In the Big10, no matter how good they are, they are still just 1/14 or 1/16 of the conference. They may kick and scream, but the BigTen is bigger than TX and always will be.

I live in Dallas and married an Aggie. I've been to a ton of games. It's honestly the loudest stadium I've ever been to. Great little college town. Fans are nice as hell too unless Texas is in town.

I totally disagree! I went to an Aggs game and was not impressed.........tailgating is lame....very spread out, no central location......Kinnick when at night way louder.....

We will need to show these guys how to tailgate the proper way......send them a memo that tailgaiting starts before the sunrises...not 2 hours before gametime

Texas and A&M would be great gets for the BigTen. Think of the new recruiting ground we'd have down there. With our winning tradition I bet KF and co. could pull some major talent out of the Lone Star state.

Is Notre Dame manipulating the Big Ten Expansion? Do they have the power to dictate to Delany what teams they want if they are willing to join?(Texas, Rutgers,) I wish we knew what was going on behind closed doors. Someday someone will write a book about the summer of 2010, and make a million

I know that Texas is a well respected research institution, but know next to nothing about A&M. How does they stack up academically with the rest of the Big Ten? Are they an OK fit?

I totally disagree! I went to an Aggs game and was not impressed.........tailgating is lame....very spread out, no central location......Kinnick when at night way louder.....

We will need to show these guys how to tailgate the proper way......send them a memo that tailgaiting starts before the sunrises...not 2 hours before gametime

What game did you go to? That makes a big difference. Yeah, tailgating isn't the best. It was awesome when you could go to the bars in the morning and they had a huge area setup outside the bars to drink and mingle. Now you can't go outside unless it's on the small patios.

Texas is the jewel ... do not kid yourself. The perfect combo would be UT and the domers.

Well, you know how they say everything is bigger down in Texas...in my experience with Texas and Texans (not all but a large percentage) that includes arrogance and egos. I understand the financial part of wanting Texas but I'm just not sure it's worth it.

Remember how whenever someone posts a picture of a really hot woman...someone else always says "Somewhere, someone is tired of putting up with her s..t! That's how I view Texas in the Big 10 right now.

Check the US map. If the BT goes to 2 divisions with 2 4-team rotating pods each. I put Iowa in a pod with Neb, TX, and A&M. Tradition with MN and WI goes out the window in this scenario, and a tough pod I might add.

Also, think about this. If TX and A&M go to B10 that leaves 8 teams left in B12. Not ideal but certainly big enough to grab a couple of other teams and make a go of it. At the end of the day ISU may end up coming out of this in a not-so-bad situation.

Check the US map. If the BT goes to 2 divisions with 2 4-team rotating pods each. I put Iowa in a pod with Neb, TX, and A&M. Tradition with MN and WI goes out the window in this scenario, and a tough pod I might add.

Also, think about this. If TX and A&M go to B10 that leaves 8 teams left in B12. Not ideal but certainly big enough to grab a couple of other teams and make a go of it. At the end of the day ISU may end up coming out of this in a not-so-bad situation.

Not if Mizzou is also added. Then NE, Mizzou, TX and TX A&M are in one pod. IA, WI, MN, and IL make the other. Not sure how happy that makes the Huskers as they seem to want to get away from TX.

Not if Mizzou is also added. Then NE, Mizzou, TX and TX A&M are in one pod. IA, WI, MN, and IL make the other. Not sure how happy that makes the Huskers as they seem to want to get away from TX.

Mizzou is not invited to this party. Rutgers and ND. BTN2. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well, you know how they say everything is bigger down in Texas...in my experience with Texas and Texans (not all but a large percentage) that includes arrogance and egos.

We can handle tOSU and Michigan's arrogance, we can handle UT.

I am so excited, I hope this is true.

Texas would be huge. Hopefully Notre Dame will be there too, although I kinda think they're afraid of joining and never finishing at the top...

I was very worried that the good Big 12 teams would go to the PAC 10 and we'd be stuck with Nebraska and Rutgers..not that it won't be fun to finally play Nebraska, but if that was it then it would suck.

This is fun to watch unfold.

Latest posts