KCTV 5: Texas and Texas A&M petitioning Big 10..

the reason those conferences got trashed because of texas and their "baggage" is the conferences bent over backwards to keep texas happy. i really don't see the big ten making the concessions for texas and if they're not cool with a deal on the big ten's terms then these aren't the droids you're looking for- move along.

the reason those conferences got trashed because of texas and their "baggage" is the conferences bent over backwards to keep texas happy. i really don't see the big ten making the concessions for texas and if they're not cool with a deal on the big ten's terms then these aren't the droids you're looking for- move along.

I just don't trust Texas. I wouldn't put it past them to accept a deal thinking they can eventually get the Big 10 to bow down to them. Even if it would never work, I don't want them creating problems just by trying to be the king for the 3rd time.

completely agree tm- hell i live in texas and i don't trust them! i think if they can be held in check they would be a wonderful addition to the conference though.

plus... how fun will it be to watch UT have to come to Iowa/Wisconsin/Michigan/Ohio/Minnesota in November for a game??

I just don't trust Texas. I wouldn't put it past them to accept a deal thinking they can eventually get the Big 10 to bow down to them. Even if it would never work, I don't want them creating problems just by trying to be the king for the 3rd time.

This.
They come in for a few years and then start pushing.
Offices and Championship games in Dallas, special Bowl consideration, etc.

In unrelated news, my sources on twitter are confirming today that Coach Taylor's East Dillon Panthers will also be joining the BigTen.

I'd let UT and A&M in on two conditions:

1) you're equal partners with all the other schools, now and forever.
2) you have to host the Hawkeyes in November, never September!

completely agree tm- hell i live in texas and i don't trust them! i think if they can be held in check they would be a wonderful addition to the conference though.

plus... how fun will it be to watch UT have to come to Iowa/Wisconsin/Michigan/Ohio/Minnesota in November for a game??

If they can be held in check, then sure, why not? I'm not overly enthusiastic about having to play them every year (which I'm sure we would have to do), but playing them up here in November sounds exciting enough.

I used to be fine with Texas joining...before Neb came on board. Enough of Big 12 now...just give me ND and Rutgers.

Texas is probably just leveraging for the best deal between Pac Ten and Big Ten...screw'em. WE dont need 'em.

And you think that Texas will like that? Which do you think is worse: a money-grubbing Texas that creates dissension among other conference members, or a disgruntled Texas? I don't see that one is really all that much better than the other.

If Texas is going to be disgruntled, then why join the B10?

LOL! Those jagoffs bluffed Nebraska, who went ahead and called them on it.

Go west, Texass. You ruin whatever you touch.

Can't say I would be a fan of this. It just doesn't make sense geographically. I am already nostalgic for the way things were. This is just getting silly.

If Texas is going to be disgruntled, then why join the B10?

Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if they comply with the Big Ten's terms for a few years, then start to push for changes. And I do believe that Texas is arrogant enough to think that they can push the Big Ten around down the road.

I think this could be true, here's a tweet from espn reporter
ESPN_BigTen RT @kbohls: Larry Scott told us on conf call no more invitations have been issued. P10 could end at 11. I kind of think his nose is growing.

the guy clearly doesn't believe Scott, but this maybe why he's saying this now.

Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if they comply with the Big Ten's terms for a few years, then start to push for changes. And I do believe that Texas is arrogant enough to think that they can push the Big Ten around down the road.

I think this is certainly a legit consideration- but I have a feeling if texas and texas a&m join on... then ND and (insert other expansion university here) join in. once that happens, if texas doesn't like it- then get out! where is the big ten then... with 14 schools, 2 of them being ND and Nebraska which is where many thought would be a good ending point anyhow.

it would be fun to push texas around!

I do! If you're gonna be the man, you gotta beat the man! :)

I also want to see what this "12th Man" is all about down in College Station.

I live in Dallas and married an Aggie. I've been to a ton of games. It's honestly the loudest stadium I've ever been to. Great little college town. Fans are nice as hell too unless Texas is in town.

Latest posts