KCTV 5: Texas and Texas A&M petitioning Big 10..

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Texas Hold 'Em: Longhorns, A&M To Big Ten - Sports News Story - KCTV Kansas City

onestly, does this expansion carousel know no end? I hope not, at least until the last week of July, because it’s going to help make this the fastest off season I can ever recall. Personally, I am have not been keen on Texas coming into the Big 10, because Iowa would probably be on their side of the fence…not that I don’t think Iowa can compete with Texas in football (the Longhorns probably have a better team more often than not), it’s just that I think being on their side of the fence could lead to problems down the road.
Then again, the Big Ten isn’t likely to move its offices from Chicago to Dallas…what Texas did to the Big 8/Big 12 is not going to happen in the Big Ten.
This is just another angle to follow…what a story

Last edited:
Didn't think A&M was being considered. I would imagine petitioning means they have already been told they would be accepted in.

Everything the Pac10 has been doing with the six Big12 teams appears to be in response to legitimate Big10/Texas discussions.

The whole idea of Texas "trying" to get into the Big 10, though, seems a little backwards to me. Why would Texas have to petition? Aren't they Delaney's "HR," as Gee would say?

I do! If you're gonna be the man, you gotta beat the man! :)

I also want to see what this "12th Man" is all about down in College Station.

By "baggage", he's not referring to their success on the football field. He's talking about how Texas has trashed 2 conferences with their greed and arrogance, and he doesn't want any of that in the Big 10. And neither do I. Let them wreck the Pac-10.

By "baggage", he's not referring to their success on the football field. He's talking about how Texas has trashed 2 conferences with their greed and arrogance, and he doesn't want any of that in the Big 10. And neither do I. Let them wreck the Pac-10.

Thanks for the back-up TM!

Everything the Pac10 has been doing with the six Big12 teams appears to be in response to legitimate Big10/Texas discussions.

The whole idea of Texas "trying" to get into the Big 10, though, seems a little backwards to me. Why would Texas have to petition? Aren't they Delaney's "HR," as Gee would say?

Every team has to petition the Big 10 for admittance. Then the board votes on whether to allow them in or not. Although it would be a formality in the case of Texas, Texas A&M and Nebraska, it's still standard operating procedure.

You guys don't want Texas. They have ruined every conference they have been in and it will be really difficult to compete with them year in year out. They are an absolute monstor!
Be careful what you wish for......

The nice thing about the B10 is that everyone is on a level playing field when it comes to splitting the tv/bowl revenues. Ohio St gets just as much as Northwestern. Texas will be no different. The reason they ruined the other conferences was that those conferences didn't work the same way as the B10 - Texas wanted most of the money! And they got it! It simply won't happen in the B10. Bring on the Horns - #$*! the Horns! :)

I do not want Texas in our conference. I really wish Nebraska was not coming, just so the big 12 doesn't fold. I think the big 12 folding would be very bad for ISU (obviously) and for the state of Iowa. I want ISU to have success but to always lose to the Hawkeyes.

The nice thing about the B10 is that everyone is on a level playing field when it comes to splitting the tv/bowl revenues. Ohio St gets just as much as Northwestern. Texas will be no different. The reason they ruined the other conferences was that those conferences didn't work the same way as the B10 - Texas wanted most of the money! And they got it! It simply won't happen in the B10. Bring on the Horns - #$*! the Horns! :)

And you think that Texas will like that? Which do you think is worse: a money-grubbing Texas that creates dissension among other conference members, or a disgruntled Texas? I don't see that one is really all that much better than the other.

The math is that TX makes significantly more money joining the B10 despite the revenue sharing.

Latest posts