Kansas State's new $65 million football complex shows how swanky college football fac

Re: Kansas State's new $65 million football complex shows how swanky college football

This is the key point of the thread. Any perceived advantage Iowa has will be short-lived. This is going to turn into an arms race. If Iowa and KSU spend $55 to $65 million, then schools like OSU, FSU and Alabama will be spending $100 million.

This a sad truth. I thought that myself. When I first toured our new building I thought, "this is absolutely amazing." And my next thought was "it'll be antiquated in five years."

Re: Kansas State's new $65 million football complex shows how swanky college football

Where do the players sit to put on equipment?

The pedestal where the helmet is sitting is actually a secret door. When the player picks his helmet up the door opens and each has their very own 12' X 10' change room behind the door. It has a cot in for resting. Alone time is important.

It'd be a lot nicer if it wasn't covered in those god-awful colors. Purple and Silver? Gotta be one of the worst color schemes out there.

Worse than this?

mitchell-meyers-iowa-state-chemotherapy-treatments-david-k-purdy.jpg

k2-_bd216f83-0923-407e-aea5-f57dc7338ebc.v1.jpg

This a sad truth. I thought that myself. When I first toured our new building I thought, "this is absolutely amazing." And my next thought was "it'll be antiquated in five years."

"Antiquated" is an overstatement, but in 5 years, it may fall to a smidge above average in the B1G. So it goes.

"Antiquated" is an overstatement, but in 5 years, it may fall to a smidge above average in the B1G. So it goes.
In the arms race that is college football these days, that will unquestionably be true. But you got to jump in the race at some time. Where Iowa's program is right now, the sooner the better. Maybe they can make up some ground while others try to put the pieces of a new facility together.

This is the key point of the thread. Any perceived advantage Iowa has will be short-lived. This is going to turn into an arms race. If Iowa and KSU spend $55 to $65 million, then schools like OSU, FSU and Alabama will be spending $100 million.

I think the biggest thing to take away from this is that Iowa is now on par or ahead of schools in the second tier. They will no longer have a facility that was out of date in the 80's. This facility will help land recruits that are looking at Wisconsin, MSU, Minnesota or Iowa. Hell, maybe they will help to steal one from a blue blood. Regardless, quite an upgrade from the bubble.

Northwestern is spending something like $200 million on their athletic facility. It don't matter. Unless the west coast drought lasts for like a century and global warming renders every part of the US south of Keokuk uninhabitable, I ain't counting on Iowa ever winning any serious hardware.

Latest posts