Kansas State's new $65 million football complex shows how swanky college football fac

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Kansas State's new $65 million football complex shows how swanky college football facilities are getting

Hmmm.

http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-kansas-state-football-facility-2015-8

8-7-2015%2011-39-21%20am.png

Re: Kansas State's new $65 million football complex shows how swanky college football

How much was ours?

Re: Kansas State's new $65 million football complex shows how swanky college football

Any comments on how this compares to ours?

Iowa's is definitely on a par with this. Maybe a few less neon lights. Hope that doesn't hurt recruiting.

Yep thiers is way better. Not even close either

Yep thiers is way better. Not even close either

uhhhh not even close? How do you figure? Everying I saw I thought to myself "yep Iowa has that too". Except for the terrible purple lights, the barber shop and the pointless display of each player's helmet on a pedestal.

If I'm a recruit the flashy stuff is nice, but seeing the former legends and the current Hawkeyes in the NFL would really blow my mind. I'm guessing most recruits probably don't realize how many great NFL players went to Iowa.

As to an earlier question...Iowa facility was $55,000,000, but be careful about assuming apples to apples. Iowa weight room is 23,000 sq', 5000 larger than KSU. I think KSU f.acility is great but saw nothing in this brief look that makes me think it is better than Iowa. Comparisons based on the information we have available is fruitless. Comments that the KSU facility is superior= trolling.

As to an earlier question...Iowa facility was $55,000,000, but be careful about assuming apples to apples. Iowa weight room is 23,000 sq', 5000 larger than KSU. I think KSU f.acility is great but saw nothing in this brief look that makes me think it is better than Iowa. Comparisons based on the information we have available is fruitless. Comments that the KSU facility is superior= trolling.
Yeah, but if you're going to spend that kind of money, wouldn't you build a weightroom big enough so you don't have to use a tractor to move equipment in and out of the weightroom on a daily or weekly basis?

Theys got Moar neon though. It's nice, basically the same level as most top tier facilities, just like Iowa's. Is it "better"...no.

uhhhh not even close? How do you figure? Everying I saw I thought to myself "yep Iowa has that too". Except for the terrible purple lights, the barber shop and the pointless display of each player's helmet on a pedestal.

If I'm a recruit the flashy stuff is nice, but seeing the former legends and the current Hawkeyes in the NFL would really blow my mind. I'm guessing most recruits probably don't realize how many great NFL players went to Iowa.
Yeah, that looks way overdone.

Agreed. It's not about how much you spend. It's what you get for your dollar.

Where do the players sit to put on equipment?

The extra $10 million is for the life extension wing for Snyder (cloning, cryonics, genetic modfication research,...)

Any comments on how this compares to ours?
This is the key point of the thread. Any perceived advantage Iowa has will be short-lived. This is going to turn into an arms race. If Iowa and KSU spend $55 to $65 million, then schools like OSU, FSU and Alabama will be spending $100 million.

It'd be a lot nicer if it wasn't covered in those god-awful colors. Purple and Silver? Gotta be one of the worst color schemes out there.

Latest posts