Kansas State defense is pathetic

dmShortSaledude

Nebraska has scored 4 touchdowns without even being touched. Utterly pathetic. The blown assignments are simply amazing. Especially considering that this is a Bill Snyder team!

The tv is off. I actually cleaned instead of watching that ridiculously poor defensive performance.

Nebbie looks real good. Fast attacking defense, dominant Oline, great kicking game, Martinez is crazy fast and can throw the ball.

This is starting to look real bad both ways. Nebbys special teams look bad. There has been a lot of penalties. Now Nebby is putting their starting d back in because Kstate is about to score.

It would be interesting to see how the best defense in the country handles Big Red.

Unfortunately, that defense isn't going to get the chance. Our defense next season takes a big hit. We have great young talent but we may have a middle of the pack defense next season. Not what we want with Robinson and Martinez taking us on the next three years.

Agree, although I may be a bit more optimistic than you about next season. Middle of the pack would be such a huge dropoff I just don't see it.

Agree, although I may be a bit more optimistic than you about next season. Middle of the pack would be such a huge dropoff I just don't see it.

Yeah Iowa will be better than Middle of the pack. After a couple of cupcakes at the start of the season they will be pretty good.

Yeah Iowa will be better than Middle of the pack. After a couple of cupcakes at the start of the season they will be pretty good.

Put it this way: Iowa will not have a middle of the pack defense statistically. But, they will likely struggle with the explosive offenses next year. Most of the time they'll still look really good. We won't really notice the dropoff except when we see elite offenses.

they lose 12 starters,

3 on the OL,
3 in the defensive backfield,
1 starting DE,
& their starting Kicker.

we lose 9 starters:

1 QB
1 FB
1 OL
1 WR
1 S
1 LB
1 DE
1 DT

ours will be a little more absorbed if you ask me. our prep for them will be exactly the same way we approach Michigan. By the time we go to lincoln next year, they will be battered and bruised, do you remember their schedule?
2011 Nebraska Football Schedule (updated with Big Ten Opponents on 9/1) | Huskers Football | HUSKERS GAMEDAY

Unfortunately, that defense isn't going to get the chance. Our defense next season takes a big hit. We have great young talent but we may have a middle of the pack defense next season. Not what we want with Robinson and Martinez taking us on the next three years.

You really think Robinson is going to stick around that long? I give him one more year.

Nebraska loses a lot...KSU and their defense were suspect at best going into this game. They did however some success against the vaunted blackshirts. Nebraska will struggle with a team that can ball control them and contain the QB....KSU committed to many backers all night long instead of spying one on Martinez

Why is anyone surprised with the outcome? The Big 12 North is horrible. The bug eaters are not as great as their record suggests. The defense is really not that good at stopping the run and that is evident with Idaho putting over 300 on them. Once they face a defense that is actually worth two Sh!ts they will be exposed.

Nebraska did look good but the first three TDs of the second half were essentially uncontested. K-State's D was awful on all three.
Didn't watch much besides the beginning of the 2nd half so don't know how either team looked otherwise.

they lose 12 starters,

3 on the OL,
3 in the defensive backfield,
1 starting DE,
& their starting Kicker.

we lose 9 starters:

1 QB
1 FB
1 OL
1 WR
1 S
1 LB
1 DE
1 DT

ours will be a little more absorbed if you ask me. our prep for them will be exactly the same way we approach Michigan. By the time we go to lincoln next year, they will be battered and bruised, do you remember their schedule?
2011 Nebraska Football Schedule (updated with Big Ten Opponents on 9/1) | Huskers Football | HUSKERS GAMEDAY

2DT's Klug and Ballard

Robinson's a sophomore, so we only see him for 2 more years max.

I will have to agree that KSU's defense was terrible last night. There were a lot of teams that would have put up 21 in the second half on them. I loved how NE kept throwing on them to keep them off balance later in the game. Can't say I disagree with Polini's philosophy, there. I know we don't do that, but hey, that's just us. ;)

Why do I get the feeling Polini is going to run it up on every team he plays in conference just as a big "up yours" before leaving.

I agree that the K. State defense looked terrible. I did gain more respect for Nebraska especially on keeping Thomas in check. I was left more with the impression that K. State laid an egg than that Nebraska played a great game. I hope the Texas defense will perform better(hard to see how they could do worse).