Kansas State defense is pathetic

Keeping Thomas in check, had alot to do with the fact K-State has no passing game.
Did you see that throw at the end of the first half? It was a hail Mary that barely travelled 45 yrds. (Teams see that stuff on tape)
Dude needs to strengthen that arm, if you have a weak arm, it's hard to throw the deep outs without being picked.
So without a passing game it's not hard to concentrate on KSU's only threat...Thomas.

It would be interesting to see how the best defense in the country handles Big Red.
Bo said that Taylor gave our defense fits in practice, and that is why he wanted him to start.

Oh wait, you weren't referring to Nebraska's defense???????????????

Why is anyone surprised with the outcome? The Big 12 North is horrible. The bug eaters are not as great as their record suggests. The defense is really not that good at stopping the run and that is evident with Idaho putting over 300 on them. Once they face a defense that is actually worth two Sh!ts they will be exposed.
Idaho actually has a pretty decent offense, so giving up 300 to them isn't terrible. And, with as fast as NU's offense is scoring, our defense has normally been on the field much, much more than the offense. Last night KSU had about a 9-10 minute advantage in TOP. And they ran about 20 more plays.

That being said, our run defense does give up a few yards here and there, but I was pleasantly suprised at holding Thomas to under 70 yds and under 3 YPC. He is a very good back and that was a pretty decent display.

I must say- very impressed with the Huskers. I expected them to win big, but not that big. They found an offense, whish is scary for opponents.
A lot of people wonder if KSU is that bad or Neb that good... I think it's a bit of both. Neb should roll through, and I can easily see them going unbeaten. That schedule is very easy.
I still say they would struggle against a good run D. But overall they are well coached and bery talented. Couple that with a cupcake schedule and they will end the year in a top notch bowl game, if not bigger.

Idaho actually has a pretty decent offense, so giving up 300 to them isn't terrible. And, with as fast as NU's offense is scoring, our defense has normally been on the field much, much more than the offense. Last night KSU had about a 9-10 minute advantage in TOP. And they ran about 20 more plays.

That being said, our run defense does give up a few yards here and there, but I was pleasantly suprised at holding Thomas to under 70 yds and under 3 YPC. He is a very good back and that was a pretty decent display.

Idaho? Really? They play in the WAC, for Chist's sake. Boise State is the only good defense they see in coference. They play NOBODY, and they aren't anywhere near the level of Boise State, or even Nevada.

And if you play any kind of good defense at all, you can shut down K-State and Thomas. They don't have a passing game. It's all on Thomas. He's a very, very good back, but not difficult to shut down if you play defense (not exactly the Big 12's strong suit), because of what's surrounding him.

Idaho? Really? They play in the WAC, for Chist's sake. Boise State is the only good defense they see in coference. They play NOBODY, and they aren't anywhere near the level of Boise State, or even Nevada.

And if you play any kind of good defense at all, you can shut down K-State and Thomas. They don't have a passing game. It's all on Thomas. He's a very, very good back, but not difficult to shut down if you play defense (not exactly the Big 12's strong suit), because of what's surrounding him.
I realize that you are stuck in Big 10 country, but do you know much about Idaho? I believe they went 8-4 last year and won their bowl. Enderle is a pro qb prospect. While they are not going to be confused with Alabama, they are respectable.

Exactly, the Big 12 isn't known for defense (it's an offensive conference), so NU's having a top 10 defense the past 2 years makes our stats even more impressive. And, NU pretty much shut down Thomas last night (30+ touches, under 100 total yards).

I realize that you are stuck in Big 10 country, but do you know much about Idaho? I believe they went 8-4 last year and won their bowl. Enderle is a pro qb prospect. While they are not going to be confused with Alabama, they are respectable.

Exactly, the Big 12 isn't known for defense (it's an offensive conference), so NU's having a top 10 defense the past 2 years makes our stats even more impressive. And, NU pretty much shut down Thomas last night (30+ touches, under 100 total yards).

Idaho went 7-5 last year playing teams like New Mexico St, San Jose St, Hawaii, LA Tech, San Diego St. Here are the scores of the only 2 teams they played that had a pulse, both losses.

Nevada: 70-45
Boise St: 63-25

They aren't respectable, they were bad last year. They went to a bowl because their conference is horrible and half the teams in college football go to bowls now.

Latest posts