Kansas Player: UNI is not better than us

UNI would most likely get beat if they played again today, but that doesn't matter now. UNI was the better team on one day, I love the NCAA tourney for this reason, sudden death.

I cant understand with all of Kansas depth and talent, they didnt full court press the whole game. This loss falls on Bill Self.

Who was the Kansas player who layed on the floor for an "hour"after the game was over?

Pathetic display. I was ****** that this scrub got so much camera time. I kept asking that somebody get him his binky and blanky so he would stop tantruming.

Also, Ahelegbe had an off game, so UNI won with one of their best players not playing well. I seriously thought UNI looked every bit as talented, like when Koch soared over two Kansas players for the rebound and dunked on them...UNI is good and deserve more respect.

Kansas is the better team, obviously. So his statement, while completely classless and pointless, is true. However, Kansas was NOT the better team yesterday, and I believe the gap isn't that big between the 2. If they played 10 times, UNI would win 3 IMO. Kansas overlooked a very good UNI team. That was a mistake.

Pretty safe to say that number is 19 out of 20. Lets not forget here that UNI had a 5 point lead with a mnute left. They were blowing the game. Ali took a bad shot, that turned good cause he made it. Also he almost didn't get to take the bad shot cause they once again almost turned the ball over trying to get it in.

I am not trying to take anything away from what they did, last night they were better than Kansas. But this morning I am not saying UNI is better than Kansas.

Bad shot? Ali is a 3 point assassin. He had a wide open shot to stab a dagger in the heart of the best team in America. Opportunity knocked and Ali kicked down the door and landed a haymaker.

Destiny rewards the bold.

His parents certainly named him correctly. Ali indeed.

Point is teams don't play each other 10 times so the 9 outta 10 comments are irrelevant folks. Fact is they played once and UNI beat them that means UNI is the better team in 2010 period. I agree with Kirby and the fact that KU couldn't hit their shots means they aren't that good. KU and Villanova probably the 2 biggest underachievers in this year's tournament.

He and Hobson from New Mexico should commiserate with one another and tell each other how great their teams are and how the other teams just played the best games of their lives, and that THEY are much better.

Hobson was telling everyone how deep New Mexico was going to go in the touranment and the Kansas player should have payed more attention to UNI than the Final Four...

Via Hawkeyeinsider lol
25251_381981117846_783082846_3630128_1712430_n.jpg

Pretty safe to say that number is 19 out of 20. Lets not forget here that UNI had a 5 point lead with a mnute left. They were blowing the game. Ali took a bad shot, that turned good cause he made it. Also he almost didn't get to take the bad shot cause they once again almost turned the ball over trying to get it in.

I am not trying to take anything away from what they did, last night they were better than Kansas. But this morning I am not saying UNI is better than Kansas.

The only PROOF of the better team is the scoreboard of the most recent game on a neutral (not really) court. I'll hitch my wagon to UNI, thank you. There is no argument in favor of KU right now.

Last edited:
here is the deal... You can come on here and say Kansas is the better team.. UNI was the better team yesterday by FAR. Two weeks ago when ESPN was saying UNI would be an 8 or a 9.. I told my wife... they need to be in KU's bracket because they will be a nightmare matchup for KU... heck.. I even said that on a thread prior to the game on here (i am pretty sure)... I knew that UNI was going to have a chance to win this game because they would force KU to play in a half court set. KU has no half court game, if they can't run and get out in transition they are a TERRIBLE team. Therefore I think KU would win probably 75% of the time. But no way do I believe UNI would lose 19 out of 20. It was too predictable that UNI had a chance yesterday. (for the record my dad and wife both got the shocker right... and they are not UNI homers).. as for me... I didn't have the balls to put it in my pool. I don't have KU in my final four though.

Just because the public thinks that KU is better than UNI doesn't make it so. Why did KU lose to an inferior team? Maybe UNI beat an overrated team. Hmmmm?

A team with the better talent is not always the better TEAM on the court. Kansas found that out yesterday along with the rest of the world.

Yeah, the guy that was crying like a baby on the floor after the game was embaressing. I cannot believe the camera kept showing him. I wanted to see more of the UNI players celebrating and all they kept showing was that cry baby.

I don't get all the whining and moaning from the winning side. Yeah it wasn't the best thing to say but in the heat of the moment not everyone fully thinks about what they are saying. Could Northern Iowa's win mean that there's that much parity? Although the mid-level teams are getting better there isn't really true parity where the smaller schools could play with the big boys day in and day out for a whole season. "There is no parity. Parity is something coaches talk about when they lose" -Jay Bilas
And yes Kansas would probably win 19 out of 20. But that is why the game is played.
"They would probably beat us 9 out of 10 times...maybe 99 out of 100. But today they didn't" -Jimmy Valvano after winning the National Championship in '83

Latest posts