Kansas @ Iowa State

While watching the game I began to wonder if Kane can make it through the season without missing some games due to injury. The guys whole game is to bull rush the rim, and throw up shots. He pretty much hits the floor on every drive to the lane when he is either fouled, or he flops.

While watching the game I began to wonder if Kane can make it through the season without missing some games due to injury. The guys whole game is to bull rush the rim, and throw up shots. He pretty much hits the floor on every drive to the lane when he is either fouled, or he flops.
Probably not. Hopefully if he does get hurt, it will be from flopping.

That is very accurate. Fouls were 25-12 in favor of ISU prior to the end of the game foul-a-thon. This despite the fact ISU chucks up 3's half the time. ISU fans shouldn't complain about officiating. Ever.

If you didn't notice, the silver haired ref is the same one that Fran wanted to kick the hell put of at Wisky adter getting the 2nd T. Really the guy he wanted to "talk" with the whole time. This is the guy Iowa's had twice on the road. Our opponents shot a total of 71 free throws in those 2 games. MAJOR homer.

If you didn't notice, the silver haired ref is the same one that Fran wanted to kick the hell put of at Wisky adter getting the 2nd T. Really the guy he wanted to "talk" with the whole time. This is the guy Iowa's had twice on the road. Our opponents shot a total of 71 free throws in those 2 games. MAJOR homer.

He's also the same official that called basket interference that wasn't against olaseni up at Wisconsin. He was standing at half court with zero angle to make that call. Dog **** official.

Anyone else catch Musberger's awkward moment toward the end of the game? He was talking about Hilton magic when the stands were half empty and fans were walking out.

Anyone else catch Musberger's awkward moment toward the end of the game? He was talking about Hilton magic when the stands were half empty and fans were walking out.

Not quite as awkward as announcing himself as Kirk Herbstreit during the BCS Championship. The guy is losing it quickly, despite being a "legendary" broadcaster he needs to go. He's slipping fast.

Few thoughts from the game...

- KU is improving and dangerous if they can get solid guard play from Tharpe
- Embiid is a stud, 1st pick in the draft no doubt, Jabari 2nd, Wiggins 3rd
- ISU struggled against a taller, more athletic team, see that as a trend
- ISU needs to hit 3's to beat longer teams
- I actually like Musberger, more in football though
- This sums up ISU's fans with the tweet of the night from @FakeSportsCentr...

"Iowa State has taken 19 more foul shots than Kansas and the fans are booing the refs anytime the ball goes out of bounds #HiltonMagic"

Yeah and ISU had a huge FT advantage this game also... but they missed them all

Few thoughts from the game...

- KU is improving and dangerous if they can get solid guard play from Tharpe
- Embiid is a stud, 1st pick in the draft no doubt, Jabari 2nd, Wiggins 3rd
- ISU struggled against a taller, more athletic team, see that as a trend
- ISU needs to hit 3's to beat longer teams
- I actually like Musberger, more in football though
- This sums up ISU's fans with the tweet of the night from @FakeSportsCentr...

"Iowa State has taken 19 more foul shots than Kansas and the fans are booing the refs anytime the ball goes out of bounds #HiltonMagic"

Embiid could definitely be the number one pick in the draft, probably has the most potential of any of the freshman, but there's no way Randle falls out of the top 3. Embiid, Wiggins, Randle are going to be the top 3 in some order.

Embiid could definitely be the number one pick in the draft, probably has the most potential of any of the freshman, but there's no way Randle falls out of the top 3. Embiid, Wiggins, Randle are going to be the top 3 in some order.

Think we agree on Embiid, but I'll stay with my 3 and think Randle is 4/5.

iSu's free throws were the only thing keeping them close. Granted, there was a couple calls you could argue where the crowd booed, but I saw iSu getting away with some physical play as well. The refs are not going with the "point of emphasis" in conference play but both teams were allowed to be physical. The crowd's predetermined hatred of the refs didn't help either. Excessive booing added to the over dramatization of the situation. Seemed like iSu players started forcing even more after that.

If the clones weren't clanking 3's they were missing layups. KU got the majority of the rebounds off those misses and sent them into transition. Embiid dominated in the half court. The only way the clones were going to win that game was shooting a high or even decent percentage, but they didn't. They're a good team who needs to flush that game. Beat Texas and all is good in Ames.

iSu's free throws were the only thing keeping them close. Granted, there was a couple calls you could argue where the crowd booed, but I saw iSu getting away with some physical play as well. The refs are not going with the "point of emphasis" in conference play but both teams were allowed to be physical. The crowd's predetermined hatred of the refs didn't help either. Excessive booing added to the over dramatization of the situation. Seemed like iSu players started forcing even more after that.

If the clones weren't clanking 3's they were missing layups. KU got the majority of the rebounds off those misses and sent them into transition. Embiid dominated in the half court. The only way the clones were going to win that game was shooting a high or even decent percentage, but they didn't. They're a good team who needs to flush that game. Beat Texas and all is good in Ames.
KU Turnover also kept ISU close.

Think we agree on Embiid, but I'll stay with my 3 and think Randle is 4/5.

I can't see taking Wiggins higher than 4th. I know he has all the athletic ability in the world but he just doesn't have the developed scoring skills to to go with it.

Hes more Andre Igoudala than Kobe IMO.

Latest posts