Kansas freshman Roy Woolridge transferring

Again with the ISU sidebars? How difficult is it to just stay focused on Hawkeye recruiting and whether or not he would be a good fit at Iowa.

Do you think he could fit a role? I dont know a ton about him, but I would say if KU thought he could play, there is a good chance he could make some impact.

serious question. would he have to sit out a year?

Yes.

This is the hard part

"Woolridge said he would head to a school with a greater opportunity for playing time and possibly closer to his native Phoenix."

Tough to get him to IC if he is stuck on being closer. The playing time would be key.

He would be a good transfer to pick up because he's coming from a elite program, has more than 1 year left to play (3 actually), well behaved, wants more PT (we can provide that) and didn't get booted from team

He was a big time recruit and held some offers from the best programs in the country. I assume he will look at those programs so it's probably a long shot for Iowa, in fact, probably won't happen. Fran doesn't seem to go for transfers. But wouldn't hurt to go after this kid especially since he could provide 3 years of service.

BTW, Kansas is now without any of their freshmen class. Was only 2 to begin with - Woolridge and Selby.

Last edited:
He won't transfer within the B12, he would lose a year of eligibility if he transfers within the conference, thus leaving him with two years.

He would be a good transfer to pick up because he's coming from a elite program, has more than 1 year left to play (3 actually), well behaved, wants more PT (we can provide that) and didn't get booted from team

He was a big time recruit and held some offers from the best programs in the country. I assume he will look at those programs so it's probably a long shot for Iowa, in fact, probably won't happen. Fran doesn't seem to go for transfers. But wouldn't hurt to go after this kid especially since he could provide 3 years of service.

BTW, Kansas is now without any of their freshmen class. Was only 2 to begin with - Woolridge and Selby.

He was a 3 star but I'm surprised he left. Self has shown that if you stick around a couple years it will pay off for you like it did with Morningstar and Reed

Speaking of KU, I live in KC and my 13 year old son told me the following joke yesterday:

Most birds can eat 20 seeds at one time. However, the KU Jayhawk always chokes on the 11th seed!

Found that to be kind of funny!

Looks like Fred will be having another busy week.

10259Pacino_slapped_gaycowboy.gif

Latest posts