Kaleb Brown spent the night in the slammer

Hawkfnntn

OWI... go figure. Saw Blair Sanderson was reporting it. So what's that mean 1, 2 or 3 games out? Any chance it'll be just 1 and he'll be there for the ISU game?

We haven't had an issue with this sort of thing for awhile now. With Uber being a thing I kinda hoped we really never would either. This is such a stupid thing to do it's hard to even articulate.

Jermari Harris was last OWI, I believe, during ‘22 offseason and was suspended 1 game. Most of these, including Wirfs on the scooter, were 1 game.

I guess he banged up the front of his Durango pretty good and was caught using someone else's identity. I know, SHOCKER, this with an underaged college kid!

Glad no one was hurt and hope he gains a life lesson from this.

He had a minor, at least IMO, misstep last season. Not sure if that impacts how this is viewed by KF.
KF has some history with talented WRs and doghouses. Let's hope that this kid is humble and wants to grow as a player and person. If so, the coaches will accept that and get him on a forward path. We are too thin at WR and he is too good not to be a big part of the equation this year. Coach him up!!!

Just so inexplicable given cell phones and uber. Why chance jail or worse? That said, I was no saint in this regard in my 20s. Hopefully lesson learned and he moves forward with climbing out of the dog house he is assuredly in at present.
I'm with you.. Having been around for awhile none of it is worth it...No amount of a night of fun is worth risking their careers over.

This probably wouldn't go over well as a HC but if I was one I'd have a no tolerance drinking rule. IDC if you're over 21 or not. If you want to be a D1 division one player for me you won't drink and you sure as hell won't drink and drive. 1 and done for me.

If you want to prioritize drinking and driving over your career that's certainly a choice... And it's not a very good one.

He had a minor, at least IMO, misstep last season. Not sure if that impacts how this is viewed by KF.
Thought I read where he had an invalid driver's license as well? Don't know anything about his experiences at his previous school might have been, but that may play into his future as well.

I am sure he will be treated fairly and not given any special treatment other than what other players get even though his athletic abilities are very needed on the team.

Kirk is the type of coach that is very interested in the overall well being of these young men and not just on the football field.

I am glad that no one was injured in this situation but the fact that his car was damaged is very concerning. It indicates that his abilities were significantly impaired. When in this state of mind you can easily hurt other people and not just your car.

Hmmm...

Usually the penalties escalate for each offense. So if a first offense gets 1 game, you would have to guess a 2nd offense will get more than 1 game, unless minor things are not counted. At what point are you out? Is it the 3rd major offense?

Thought I read where he had an invalid driver's license as well? Don't know anything about his experiences at his previous school might have been, but that may play into his future as well.
Invalid is code for fake ID. He isn't 21 yet.

Again, I am not gonna bang on a kid in college drinking or having a fake ID. Are they the best choices? No. But are they crimes of the century? No. The driving part is where I have an issue.

Again, I am not gonna bang on a kid in college drinking or having a fake ID. Are they the best choices? No. But are they crimes of the century? No. The driving part is where I have an issue.
Does KF look at the OWI and fake ID as two separate things or does he lump them together?

Yep, young men will be young men but the driving part is where the buck needs to stop. If your impaired to the point that your damaging your vehicle then injuring or killing someone else or yourself may just be a little further down the road.