Kaevon Merriweather Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall asking for advice. I will bend a knee to honor those who have served in our Armed Forces.

Thanks for understanding and supporting other views.

Here's Kaevon's answer.

And you wonder why Ferentz didn't allow tweeting, this kid failed miserably with that privilege. The program is bigger than any one player or even team in time. Ferentz might as well pull scholarships at this point his rep isn't going to take a hit

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b: a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial prejudice or discrimination

No guilt from journalists who have been covering a racist program for multiple years:)

No guilt from fans who have been supporting a racist program for multiple years?
No guilt from journalists who have been covering a racist program for multiple years:)

I have stewed on this post for awhile. Guilt. That is a powerful word. Should the press feel guilty? I believe so. I have been one on here that has always said we have a weak press corp. I hate that Rob was part of it, now he is doing what he is doing. But this is long overdue.

Do I feel guilty? Yes, because I did nothing. People have been suffering in our country. And I sat in my white bread community and enjoyed my middle class life. Where I was given opportunities a large portion of our country was not. Just because of my skin color. Do I feel racist because of that? Of course not. But it is part of the problem.

Do you feel guilty? You are complicit, even if you do not want to admit. it. Law and order! Yeah, in an area that has no jobs and no chance for an education and no food. But, damn, they deal and use drugs and shoot each other up. Gee, I wonder why? Easy money is easiest to get. And with no direction, you tend to wander.

This is not an individual is racist issue. This is a break down of our society. Why do we need a poor class and one that has been oppressed, even if you dont think they have, because they do.

I know it is futile to change minds on a message board. But I hope people start to realize what is really happening in this country.

Nice try.

All Doyle need do is show James Daniel's announcement when he declared early. Doyle? Gone. Assume the same for his son. BF? Gone. Assume KF will leave at that point, as well.

You really do seem clueless. Do you not see--at all--what is happening here? Good God, Hard Copy Howe is now posting statements from DJK, or the latest version, anyway.

Move away from this thread and read the comments by our former Hawks and the responses of our current players. You will learn all you need to know. Then judge the response from our coaches and AD. That will tell the tale.

is it possible for blacks to be racist? Seems like this is exclusive to white folks
If it is true "that all men are created equal" then there is a high probability that there is racism in whites, blacks, and all other communities.

Here's Kaevon's answer.

Good riddance to @iowadonz who must be a very close minded person. And as if someone else wont buy his tickets and give donations.

Let's be open minded and admit that a player who kneels during the anthem says they are not dissing the flag and they are not hurting anyone.

I can see how people could think sitting was offensive, but why does kneeling offend anyone? When you really think about it, kneeling shows way more respect than standing.

Completely agree. It shows that we as individuals and communities can do better and improve the country that our military sacarificed lives defending. We dont want those in uniform to died for a country that sweeps its problems under the rug. That peaceful protest sheds light on a part of america that needs growth.

Completely agree. It shows that we as individuals and communities can do better and improve the country that our military sacarificed lives defending. We dont want those in uniform to died for a country that sweeps its problems under the rug. That peaceful protest sheds light on a part of america that needs growth.
It's like saying its disrespectful to fly a flag at half mast.

No guilt from fans who have been supporting a racist program for multiple years?

I have stewed on this post for awhile. Guilt. That is a powerful word. Should the press feel guilty? I believe so. I have been one on here that has always said we have a weak press corp. I hate that Rob was part of it, now he is doing what he is doing. But this is long overdue.

Do I feel guilty? Yes, because I did nothing. People have been suffering in our country. And I sat in my white bread community and enjoyed my middle class life. Where I was given opportunities a large portion of our country was not. Just because of my skin color. Do I feel racist because of that? Of course not. But it is part of the problem.

Do you feel guilty? You are complicit, even if you do not want to admit. it. Law and order! Yeah, in an area that has no jobs and no chance for an education and no food. But, damn, they deal and use drugs and shoot each other up. Gee, I wonder why? Easy money is easiest to get. And with no direction, you tend to wander.

This is not an individual is racist issue. This is a break down of our society. Why do we need a poor class and one that has been oppressed, even if you dont think they have, because they do.

I know it is futile to change minds on a message board. But I hope people start to realize what is really happening in this country.
Just out of curiosity, do you ever question if how you look at things is wrong? I have been looking at myself a lot lately and while it's helped soften my stance a bit, I still think the best route is the one I'm taking. Your way of thinking is so extreme different than mine, it just makes me wonder if you ever question it. I ask that question because I'm seriously interested in an answer. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I remember a line in a Star Wars movie where someone asked "do you ever wonder if we're on the wrong side". I was reminded of that line when listening to someone talk about how they learned (from their perspective) that they were on the wrong side. That would be a weird revelation to have that happen. Suddenly seeing things different and realizing you were on the wrong side.

Status
Not open for further replies.