Kaevon Merriweather Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it selfish to want to watch your favorite team play for entertainment reasons alone?
Is it selfish for you to want to be able to continue to watch the games guilt-free while knowing about all the issues?

Yes.

There's no neutrality allowed right now. You either support these changes or you're a part of the problem.

Is it selfish for you to want to be able to continue to watch the games guilt-free while knowing about all the issues?

Yes.

There's no neutrality allowed right now. You either support these changes or you're a part of the problem.

Actually sir you are the problem, by demanding that someone adhere to your way of thought or be considered an enemy. This is what leads to tribalism and death, despair, and everything else kids today are rushing to since they never learned history and have no understanding of what this tribalism leads to. You need to check your privilege that your opinion is the only one that is valid. Your view should and hopefully will be ostracized. For shame and hopefully you actually have some introspection after reading this dressing down of your barbaric "my way or the highway" mentality

A current player throws out an ultimatum to fans - a large number of which have been around longer than he has - and expects everyone to bow down to it.

Sorry, man, that's not happening in my world. I'm an Iowa fan. I'm a fan of every player who dons the uniform unless they prove otherwise unworthy of said uniform.

When the BLM (aka We Hate Cops) Movement actually recognize ALL Black Lives Matter, rather than cherry-picking to fit their narrative, real change can happen.

When you paint (er, vandalize) " F@% 12" and " F@%# the Police" and "ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards)" on buildings, homes, and statues, that is not peacefully protesting as laid out in the First Amendment the BLM/ANTIFA folks boast about.

I will Fight For Iowa.
I will Fight to End Racism.
I will Fight to make sure ALL lives matter.

And I will go to Iowa FB games whenever the heck I want. Nobody gets to tell me otherwise.

Another person who doesn't get it.. everyone knows that all lives matter - that's not the issue.. the issue is that if you are black, especially male and black your life in our current society is expendable.

Another person who doesn't get it.. everyone knows that all lives matter - that's not the issue.. the issue is that if you are black, especially male and black your life in our current society is expendable.

You don't get it..... unless you embrace everyone is an individual and has the right to their own opinion without your judgment. If you don't get that, then that means you are the problem. I can expand on this but you probably wouldn't understand.....

Last edited:
I see BLM as a Political Party that plays off a narrative! I would love for them to prove me wrong.[/QUOTE
These "protests" have nothing to do with George floyd death. Abolish police? Steal tv's, phones shoes? Burn buildings? And now pc world is going to kneel? Floyd was one man that was murdered. Let justice deal with the pos that did it and his back ups. 99% of the country of all colors want and need the police but now we give these idiot's center stage.

Congrats...single most idiotic post I've read. It's not just about George Floyd if you haven't been paying attention. it's several black men that have been killed by police in custody...and after watching what they did to Floyd...how many others were labeled self defense by the officers? Damn near every black man I know has been stopped for no reason by police at some time in their lives. Several...many times. Excessive force is the norm in policing, even when there is clearly no threat...George Floyd for example didn't threaten the lives of four officers. You are an idiot...and shouldn't be allowed to have access to a computer as you obviously haven't learned anything on it.

Last edited:
You don't get it..... unless you embrace everyone is an individual and has the right to their own opinion without your judgment. If you don't get that, then that means you are the problem. I can expand on this but you probably wouldn't understand.....

Sad that you got 3 likes on this post.. yeah everyone knows white lives matter - that's not the issue. Black lives matter is saying that black lives matter.. not just white lives or mens lives or whatever lives.

I see BLM as a Political Party that plays off a narrative! I would love for them to prove me wrong.

Not even sure what the F that means... I've been in a car with a friend who was captain of basketball team. He was an honor roll student and ended up being a college graduate. I've been pulled over by the cops a handful of times, but in college I was with him and he got pulled over. Out of the car, drawn guns.. for nothing. They didn't even give him a ticket for anything.

If you want to make it into a political narrative - that's you I guess.

Sad that you got 3 likes on this post.. yeah everyone knows white lives matter - that's not the issue. Black lives matter is saying that black lives matter.. not just white lives or mens lives or whatever lives.

Not even sure what the F that means... I've been in a car with a friend who was captain of basketball team. He was an honor roll student and ended up being a college graduate. I've been pulled over by the cops a handful of times, but in college I was with him and he got pulled over. Out of the car, drawn guns.. for nothing. They didn't even give him a ticket for anything.

If you want to make it into a political narrative - that's you I guess.

The only sad thing is you still don't get it, either cause you are willfully ignorant or it behooves your political ideology to perpetuate classifying people into buckets, which again just perpetuates this unnecessary division, death, and contempt. I pine for the day that when your ideology on this is immediately dismissed. Some day you'll (hopefully) realize everyone is an individual and when that day comes you'll be truly enlightened. All we can do is pray for you Bigtenchamp, and hope you see the light. Until then just have the self-awareness that what you subscribe is more division and strife.

Lose the attitude, Kaevon. You’d have a better chance of having a serious conversation with Iowa fans.

Believe us, we can easily turn our backs and move in another direction.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya

Please. Please. Can we move on from the flag argument and start squaring off on abortion? Then we can endlessly repeat the same arguments on that topic and insult each other. Thanks.

The only sad thing is you still don't get it, either cause you are willfully ignorant or it behooves your political ideology to perpetuate classifying people into buckets, which again just perpetuates this unnecessary division, death, and contempt. I pine for the day that when your ideology on this is immediately dismissed. Some day you'll (hopefully) realize everyone is an individual and when that day comes you'll be truly enlightened. All we can do is pray for you Bigtenchamp, and hope you see the light. Until then just have the self-awareness that what you subscribe is more division and strife.

The police are sure as shit perpetuating the classification of people. That's the entire point. It has shit to do with an ideology - the only one being willfully ignorant is you.

Congrats...single most idiotic post I've read. It's not just about George Floyd if you haven't been paying attention. it's several black men that have been killed by police in custody...and after watching what they did to Floyd...how many others were labeled self defense by the officers? Damn near every black man I know has been stopped for no reason by police at some time in their lives. Several...many times. Excessive force is the norm in policing, even when their is clearly no threat...George Floyd for example didn't threaten the lives of four officers. You are an idiot...and shouldn't be allowed to have access to a computer as you obviously haven't learned anything on it.

I'll be pulling for you to abandon your race identity segmentation.. God willing you'll see people as individuals. Hopefully one day soon.

I'll be pulling for you to abandon your race identity segmentation.. God willing you'll see people as individuals. Hopefully one day soon.

But race is a part of an individual's identity...and unfortunately for African American's to the police is the identify of a criminal until proven otherwise.

But race is a part of an individual's identity...and unfortunately for African American's to the police is the identify of a criminal until proven otherwise.

Race is important to identify potential health advantages/disadvantages,... after that, it is a construct to justify ideology and usually, the loudest voices are looking to segment people to win their loyalty or create a division for either their own personal gain or power. AKA be like Kanye and realize I'm not going to be a victim any longer be bigger than the race baiters and the identification politicians/activists that are only looking to make money or gain power off you.

Race is important to identify potential health advantages/disadvantages,... after that, it is a construct to justify ideology and usually, the loudest voices are looking to segment people to win their loyalty or create a division for either their own personal gain or power. AKA be like Kanye and realize I'm not going to be a victim any longer be bigger than the race baiters and the identification politicians/activists that are only looking to make money or gain power off you.

so people only take pride in being Irish to gain advantages in society... k got it

so people only take pride in being Irish to gain advantages in society... k got it

Like I said it is hard to shed the bigotry but it can be done, you label someone as Irish, American, Canadian,... whatever it takes to codify people. Remember bigotry isn't just a racial thing. Someday (again hopefully god willing) you'll see each of those as their own person... stop and think about it... now stop again and REALLY think about it... if you did I think you'll see your own shortcomings as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.