Kaevon Merriweather Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said it is hard to shed the bigotry but it can be done, you label someone as Irish, American, Canadian,... whatever it takes to codify people. Someday you'll see each of those as their own person... stop and think about it... now stop again and REALLY think about it... if you did I think you'll see your own shortcomings as a person.

Bro just stop lol

We must stop the evil of St Patrick's day or Black Heritage month... oh shit what about Father's day? no more labels!

The point is no matter what your identity or celebration is - you deserve equal treatment under the law and rights.

That's what we're asking you and Kaevon, stop letting the racist win, learn from MLK,.... just stop bro, learn to not be a bigot. Respect everyone's individuality, there is no either you're with us or you're against us. There is no us.

In one post you say we are all the same.. regardless of race.. but then in this post you say there is no us. Also find it quite comical that you think MLK would agree with anything you are saying.

In one post you say we are all the same.. regardless of race.. but then in this post you say there is no us. Also find it quite comical that you think MLK would agree with anything you are saying.

I get it you feel attacked so you'll do your best to dismiss the valid points I've made by trying to,... wait for it LABEL ME. But if this helps you grow and not try to label people, even if that is you delaying it for one second longer in the future than it was worth it. GROW my man GROW!!!! I believe in you!

If you aren't catching on, the "us" refers to whatever group you think you represent, not us (you and me or the whole world if you will) specifically.

Bro just stop lol

We must stop the evil of St Patrick's day or Black Heritage month... oh shit what about Father's day? no more labels!

The point is no matter what your identity or celebration is - you deserve equal treatment under the law and rights.

Exactly. Equal rights under the law. We live in a great country where everyone has a chance to be a success. Some start farther behind than others. Sad, but true. The main thing is to take advantage of the opportunities this country gives. Stay in school. Work hard and take school seriously. Stay out of trouble. Being poor is not an excuse to break the law. Respect your parents. Even better if you have two parents to respect. Do not bring children in to the world until you are ready to become a parent. The vast majority of people in this country want each and everyone to be happy and successful. Time to stop the divisiveness and work towards that end. God Bless America and ALL of her people!

Lose the attitude, Kaevon. You’d have a better chance of having a serious conversation with Iowa fans.

Believe us, we can easily turn our backs and move in another direction.

Do it. You will be replaced! Don't assume Iowa fans all think like you. Many of us will be as supportive, or even more supportive, than before.

Do it. You will be replaced! Don't assume Iowa fans all think like you. Many of us will be as supportive, or even more supportive, than before.

I'm not so sure. It's not like there's a mad wave of purple haired gender fluid Millennials just sitting there on the ticket wait list. The student sections of college football games are a fraction as subscribed as they were 20 years ago. Iowa's not in a great place demographically. They can cover up ticket sales with promos and stuff like Nebraska has done to preserve its "sellout streak" the past decade, but I think The Germ is gonna kill the media rights bubble and a lot of sports are going to hit the shitter. Iowa will be "okay" but in a period where we have damned near Great Depression level economic output and people slashing their cable (which is a huge source of funding for all CFB programs), losing even a couple percent of paying customers is not a good spot.

Like I said a few days ago, I might quit watching football altogether because even though I love it, it's a brutal sport and destroys these kids. And if they feel like they're being exploited, I certainly don't want to contribute to that exploitation. My old lady doesn't have a diamond for that very reason.

Not even sure what the F that means... I've been in a car with a friend who was captain of basketball team. He was an honor roll student and ended up being a college graduate. I've been pulled over by the cops a handful of times, but in college I was with him and he got pulled over. Out of the car, drawn guns.. for nothing. They didn't even give him a ticket for anything.

If you want to make it into a political narrative - that's you I guess.

Means exactly what the F I said!..

I'm not so sure. It's not like there's a mad wave of purple haired gender fluid Millennials just sitting there on the ticket wait list. The student sections of college football games are a fraction as subscribed as they were 20 years ago. Iowa's not in a great place demographically. They can cover up ticket sales with promos and stuff like Nebraska has done to preserve its "sellout streak" the past decade, but I think The Germ is gonna kill the media rights bubble and a lot of sports are going to hit the shitter. Iowa will be "okay" but in a period where we have damned near Great Depression level economic output and people slashing their cable (which is a huge source of funding for all CFB programs), losing even a couple percent of paying customers is not a good spot.

Like I said a few days ago, I might quit watching football altogether because even though I love it, it's a brutal sport and destroys these kids. And if they feel like they're being exploited, I certainly don't want to contribute to that exploitation. My old lady doesn't have a diamond for that very reason.

Totally get and understand the tv piece, and the demographic shift. I also totally respect your reasons to stop watching. I have some of those thoughts as well.

That's different that some boomer, male version of Karen who is butthurt that Doyle got fired. Cheers.

I still believe lots of people will show up, because it is an amazing tradition, and frankly, there's just not a ton to do in Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts