Just got Threat notification

I did a full system scan and it said "false alert trojan virus."

It did say it removed the virus, but the virus had already trashed my computer.

I did a full system scan and it said "false alert trojan virus."

It did say it removed the virus, but the virus had already trashed my computer.

The virus you describe is not generally one that goes in and trashes a computer..its something that tries to get people to believe they need to buy something to remove the virus, and is aimed at harvesting credit card data.

The virus you describe is not generally one that goes in and trashes a computer..its something that tries to get people to believe they need to buy something to remove the virus, and is aimed at harvesting credit card data.

That's what I thought, too.

At any rate, I cannot get my computer to work, and I have "critical errors"...reading drives, writing to drives, etc.

I don't know.

That's what I thought, too.

At any rate, I cannot get my computer to work, and I have "critical errors"...reading drives, writing to drives, etc.

I don't know.

That's just the virus popping up those errors most likely in an effort to get you to believe that you need to download their software to fix it.

Often times when opening the browser on IE(yes I need to switch to Mozilla) It comes up as a Fake Anti-Virus. It will Hi-Jack your task manager and cause some havoc on your computer.

It literally took over my dad's computer to the point the control panel had a false front and same with the virus scan software, they have McAfee and had to do a full system restore. I think they use IE so I think that's the vulnerability, but see that people are discovering it on Chrome too.

What is it?

Not sure, I'm not an expert, going to have my IT guy at work look at it when he can. Using Firefox, never even got a warning. I can't say its from this site but just thought I'd mention it since it seems others have had issues also. Kept popping up boxes, saying there was a disk error and trying to run some "smart scan" thing.

Thank you very much. Will do.

what link are you referring to?

Hey Racer, this hapened to me as well, one you download Malwarebytes, you will have to rename it, the virus will not allow you to continue with the install as it prevents it from installing using the default name. I have run this and my computer is still toast.

I didn't even click on anything to be downloaded, I was tossing some tomatos at faces poking through some holes and it sent me another screen, before I could click out of the new tab, wham, now all my screen shows now is gray. I have tried multiple times, but I think its toast. I was using IE, and using Windows Security, but not good enough.

Thanks all for the feedback.

My tech has run a complete server scan and we are not infected. Given that this happened at a specific time cluster this AM, I have some ideas what could have happened and am checking those out. I don't think this is going to keep happening today but if you see it again let me know

I actually saw a warning pop yesterday from my virsus protector, I was using chrome. I refreshed and I didnt pop up again. I assume one of the ads was tracking data or something.

Latest posts