Jurors hear starkly different portrayals in opening statements of Jane Meyer's case against Iowa

What I really want to know out of all this is if she got the job at Home Depot or Lowe's. Because I'm contemplating the idea of going there, ordering materials, and telling her I'm moving my privacy fence in 8-10'. You guys gimme bonus points if I ask for a drawing too??

I'm a huge baseball fan and we owe it to Heller if she effed us out of good recruits.

What I really want to know out of all this is if she got the job at Home Depot or Lowe's. Because I'm contemplating the idea of going there, ordering materials, and telling her I'm moving my privacy fence in 8-10'. You guys gimme bonus points if I ask for a drawing too??

I'm a huge baseball fan and we owe it to Heller if she effed us out of good recruits.

Hell, I'd go along to watch and buy you lunch afterwards.

From the articles I've read sounds like the two life partners created a bad situation. And I'm no Barta fan just look at my posts. So, they hired Griesbaum as a lesbian so did UI practice discrimination by hiring her? So now you can't fire someone because they suck at their job (see BARTA).

I will not be surprised if the jury sends her a bone (no pun intended). Often they are reluctant to ignore the kind of circumstances she finds herself in, so a relatively small amount of $$ might be awarded. A minor settlement would not be a hard slap in the University's face and would at least recognize her arguments, as well as her plight. I have had to settle grievances numerous times during my career and often this is the best outcome. At this point, the U. could back channel a suggestion to the court, though maybe its too late...

Iowa refused to even discuss settlement per Meyers attorney. I know someone who stated flat out she was a huge problem- I can not go into details but she did a number of other things the U did not bring out but have put additional safeguards into place so it does not happen again.

She screwed up the 2001 Orange Bowl. Bowlsby tried giving her more authority and she was a disaster.

1. She did the travel plans rather than
John Strief. Team and equipment weren't at the same hotel. Team had to wait at field a long time for equipment to get there.

2. Money per diem for coach's wives was far short of what it took in Miami. It's not Iowa City, Jane! Captain Kirk
paid the difference out of his own pocket.

3. Big Ten Championship ring list was sent to Jane for approval and ordering. She crossed out 8 names., including
Kahari Stewart. He had been a heralded recruit and at 6-6, 230 pounds he was sought by the tight end coach, wide receiver coach, defensive end coach and linebacker coach. However upon arrival in Iowa City as a freshman he failed the physical examination. He was afflicted with the same irregular heart that killed Hank Gaithers at Loyola Marymount.
Iowa honored his scholarship and he worked in the equipment room.

The Captain was furious that deserving young men like Stewart were being denied rings. So he pid for them himself.

Jane had been the epitome of the "C" word and should have been fired then. Bad job, Bob Bowlsby.

Iowa refused to even discuss settlement per Meyers attorney. I know someone who stated flat out she was a huge problem- I can not go into details but she did a number of other things the U did not bring out but have put additional safeguards into place so it does not happen again.

Why weren't these other things brought out during the trial? I doubt if they were known only by you.

I think I read that the jury has only a limited amount of time to come to an unanimous verdict. Then, a limited amount of time to come to a majority opinion. Anyone know when these time limits will apply to this jury?

I think I read that the jury has only a limited amount of time to come to an unanimous verdict. Then, a limited amount of time to come to a majority opinion. Anyone know when these time limits will apply to this jury?

It's not really a limited amount of time, per se. For a unanimous verdict, they have to have deliberated for at least 6 hours. Once the 6 hours has passed, they can still be unanimous, but then the threshold diminishes to 7 our of 8. I don't remember what the timeframe was to go to 6 out of 8, though.

The unanimous verdict had to happen by 4:30 yesterday. It did not.

So we have at least one agenda-driven feminist (or the male equivalent thereof) on the jury.

Hearing what we've heard (assuming the summarys are fairly comprehensive on the key points), how could you not find for the University? Her firing had nothing to do with her sexual preference and everything to do with the fact that she was a bitch on wheels who did a lousy job.

So we have at least one agenda-driven feminist (or the male equivalent thereof) on the jury.

Hearing what we've heard (assuming the summarys are fairly comprehensive on the key points), how could you not find for the University? Her firing had nothing to do with her sexual preference and everything to do with the fact that she was a bitch on wheels who did a lousy job.
She's a member of 3 protected classes.
- Female
- Lesbian
- 73 years old (no hard data here but I'm going by overwhelming photographic evidence)

There's no way she loses this case.

Latest posts