JUCO RB Ke'aun Kinner

skinnykilmer17

i think the staff stopped their recruitment of him. he'd have committed last week, and the staff told him to wait for qualifying grades and visit - post visit he said he and his parents decided again' IC and then he committed to Kansas - story goes KS staff wants him to not commit until his official visit to them - sounds desperate/strange.

i think the staff stopped their recruitment of him. he'd have committed last week, and the staff told him to wait for qualifying grades and visit - post visit he said he and his parents decided again' IC and then he committed to Kansas - story goes KS staff wants him to not commit until his official visit to them - sounds desperate/strange.

A little confused. Link? So he did, or didn't visit last Friday? Thanks.

We are worried about picking up a JUCO RB with Canzeri, Daniels, Wadley and Hillard among others on the roster but not left or right offensive tackle, LB or a pash rushing DE?

We are worried about picking up a JUCO RB with Canzeri, Daniels, Wadley and Hillard among others on the roster but not left or right offensive tackle, LB or a pash rushing DE?

Not worried, excited Man to get any JUCO with talent. Plus, you know we will be down to two RB's by fall camp.

Yes, I am worried that our 267 lb. left tackle might not drink enough Chris Doyle shakes this summer, and even if Pat Angerer has a son, it is going to be a few years before he is eligible.

Regarding DE, We have had like four in 35 years or something.

Andre Tippet
Leroy Smith
Matt Roth
Adrian Clayborn

Am I missing someone?

That probably ain't happening.

Not worried, excited Man to get any JUCO with talent. Plus, you know we will be down to two RB's by fall camp.

Yes, I am worried that our 267 lb. left tackle might not drink enough Chris Doyle shakes this summer, and even if Pat Angerer has a son, it is going to be a few years before he is eligible.

Regarding DE, We have had like four in 35 years or something.

Andre Tippet
Leroy Smith
Matt Roth
Adrian Clayborn

Am I missing someone?

That probably ain't happening.

I am not sure our 267 tackle is going to be our LT next year. He spent the last 2-3 weeks at left guard with Boone Myers at LT on the 2 deeps.

I think it's somewhere in here. Rob Howe actually spoke with the kid...Rob's post below:

Posted: Today 12:07 PM
Rob Howe said:
JUCO RB Ke'aun Kinner Turns Down Hawkeyes

Told me he just got off the phone with Bobby Kennedy:

"After talking with my folks, we feel like it's not the best fit for me."

I asked him why he didn't feel like it was a good fit:

"Weather and I feel like I have better opportunities to start as a junior at other schools."

Also, Rob continued:

Rob Howe said:
There's speculation out there that Iowa decided it didn't want Kinner. It's typical in these types of breakups that each party wants to be the one to say it pulled the plug on the relationship when things don't work out. Nobody wants egg on the face.

I think it's somewhere in here. Rob Howe actually spoke with the kid...Rob's post below:

Posted: Today 12:07 PM

Also, Rob continued:

yeah - he wanted to commit to iowa some time ago - iowa staff told him to hold off until test scores come in and visit - if it was up to him he'd be wearing black and gold. but i understand wanting to save face. he certainly knew about iowa's depth chart prior to visiting - that was can be fleshed out by looking at a roster and talking to the staff. and then kansas' weather isn't all too different in the months he'd be concerned about. yes, warmer, but still cold relative to a texan.

I am not sure our 267 tackle is going to be our LT next year. He spent the last 2-3 weeks at left guard with Boone Myers at LT on the 2 deeps.
You need some new reading glasses. Boettger was listed as the back-up LT on every single depth chart this season, with Boone Myers listed as the back-up LG. When they needed an extra tackle on the jumbo sets late in the year, Boettger was the one who came into the game. He is also the only person to take a snap at LT this year other than Scherff. He is clearly the future at LT.

You need some new reading glasses. Boettger was listed as the back-up LT on every single depth chart this season, with Boone Myers listed as the back-up LG. When they needed an extra tackle on the jumbo sets late in the year, Boettger was the one who came into the game. He is also the only person to take a snap at LT this year other than Scherff. He is clearly the future at LT.

Ike looks way above his listed weight to me. He will be undersized next year but I bet he will be above 290. Don't have a clue who will start at RT though.

Bobby Kennedy asked if he could run a slant off L tackle 14 times a game in predictable situations, and he responded hell no. Kennedy then stated he didn't think it would work out then. I'm sure that's what happen.

I believe it was Minny or possibly IL when we went to the second string Myers was at LT and Boetteger at LG.

I did see against Wisky & Nebby they used a jumbo set with Boetteger wearing #90. That does not change the fact that after the NW game when he took a couple of snaps at LT, but from that point forward in warm ups and limited game time outside of the jumbo he was at LG. This was interesting as maybe they thought he did not have the foot speed for LT or they considered going with him at LG as our interior guards really, really struggled this year?

I believe it was Minny or possibly IL when we went to the second string Myers was at LT and Boetteger at LG.I did see against Wisky & Nebby they used a jumbo set with Boetteger wearing #90. That does not change the fact that after the NW game when he took a couple of snaps at LT, but from that point forward in warm ups and limited game time outside of the jumbo he was at LG. This was interesting as maybe they thought he did not have the foot speed for LT or they considered going with him at LG as our interior guards really, really struggled this year?
There are only like 4 tackles in the program that are even options to play at this point. You have Ryan Ward, who has been MIA all season and can't even crack the 2 deeps. Croston and Boettger. And then whoever redshirted this year (Lucas LeGrand?). That's it. There is literally no one left. They're bringing in 5 OL in the current class, but only 2 of them project at tackle, and one of those (Waechter) is injured and will miss spring practice. The entire situation is a complete mess.

yeah - he wanted to commit to iowa some time ago - iowa staff told him to hold off until test scores come in and visit - if it was up to him he'd be wearing black and gold. but i understand wanting to save face. he certainly knew about iowa's depth chart prior to visiting - that was can be fleshed out by looking at a roster and talking to the staff. and then kansas' weather isn't all too different in the months he'd be concerned about. yes, warmer, but still cold relative to a texan.

Maybe a dumb question, but what would've happened if Kinner had committed to Iowa at that point, and then failed to make grades? Forced to de-commit, can Iowa pull his scholarship offer, etc.? What I'm getting at - would Iowa have had anything to lose by allowing him to commit and then seeing if it worked out?

Maybe a dumb question, but what would've happened if Kinner had committed to Iowa at that point, and then failed to make grades? Forced to de-commit, can Iowa pull his scholarship offer, etc.? What I'm getting at - would Iowa have had anything to lose by allowing him to commit and then seeing if it worked out?
They would have been wasting a roster spot that they could be using to recruit another player. You only have a limited number of spots available, and a small amount of time to get players on board (first week in Feb). You don't want to waste your time on players that you don't think will make it. Yes, you would eventually get the spot back from the unqualified player, but at that point you would be scrambling to fill it with a fallback option, or you'd have to "bank" it for the next class, which just weakens your roster overall.

They would have been wasting a roster spot that they could be using to recruit another player. You only have a limited number of spots available, and a small amount of time to get players on board (first week in Feb). You don't want to waste your time on players that you don't think will make it.

Ok, that makes enough sense.

I can't say I know a lot about Kinner, though - is he supposed to be a highly talented prospect? If so, I wouldn't have blamed the staff for taking a chance on the guy and striking while the iron was hot.. But if he is not drastically better than what we already have for next year, then so be it.

Latest posts