jst ran into tyler sash

cmonhox

sitting here in o'hare airport and ran into tyler sash, happens to be on the same flight.

I, of course, froze up and had no idea what to say. Pretty sure i came off like a grade school kid who's thrust in front of a mic on stage .

He was really cool about it despite my sudden communication ineptness.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNBIyGxV7Ek]YouTube - Chris Farley interviews Paul McCartney[/ame]

It's understandable. I mean, they don't get much bigger than Tyler Sash.

This is the first and most likely last time I agree with MDAW. I mean unless you're 10, then he's a 23 year old guy who played for Iowa. Adults shouldn't get giddy about meeting "celebrities" in general IMO, but Sash isn't a celebrity, he's an Iowa kid that got drafted 6th round.

I had a beer with tyler a couple years ago at SpoCo.
He told me he wasn't going to try to go to the NFL, even after he graduated because he wanted to go to med school and that was more important to him than football.
Things change I guess...

I will admit that I was nervous when doing a few interviews this year. Jermelle Lewis and Tim Dwight in particular. Neither are superstars by any means, but those are the guys I watched play when I was 7-14 years old. They were larger than life to me back then, and they still were when I talked to them for the first time.

Lute Olson and Dan Gable also had me a little nervous, for pretty obvious reasons.

I had a beer with tyler a couple years ago at SpoCo.
He told me he wasn't going to try to go to the NFL, even after he graduated because he wanted to go to med school and that was more important to him than football.
Things change I guess...
Makes ugly women look good, and apparently makes Tyler Sash a doctor:p

This is the first and most likely last time I agree with MDAW. I mean unless you're 10, then he's a 23 year old guy who played for Iowa. Adults shouldn't get giddy about meeting "celebrities" in general IMO, but Sash isn't a celebrity, he's an Iowa kid that got drafted 6th round.

Acctually, I had no idea who Tyler Sash was.

Still, I think when approaching a celebrity, it is best to act like you don't care about them, except for politicians. If you do that to them, they won't leave you alone (I'm looking at you Hillary).

Rick Stanzi was at Chik-Fil-A at the Mall on Friday night ordering in front of us.

As he was leaving, I smiled at him he nodded so I said congrats on the draft and wished him the best at KC. He grinned and said thanks he appreciated it.

Had a chance to chat with his Dad at the Orange Bowl a few years back. Both are pretty likable and laid back kind of gents. Neither seemed taken aback or bothered about well wishing fans. YMMV.

Go Hawks!

Rick Stanzi was at Chik-Fil-A at the Mall on Friday night ordering in front of us.

As he was leaving, I smiled at him he nodded so I said congrats on the draft and wished him the best at KC. He grinned and said thanks he appreciated it.

Had a chance to chat with his Dad at the Orange Bowl a few years back. Both are pretty likable and laid back kind of gents. Neither seemed taken aback or bothered about well wishing fans. YMMV.

Go Hawks!

What? No Arby's? I know Iowa rich is different than real rich, but couldn't he spring for a little more than the place teens go when Wendy's seems to expensive?

Acctually, I had no idea who Tyler Sash was.

Still, I think when approaching a celebrity, it is best to act like you don't care about them, except for politicians. If you do that to them, they won't leave you alone (I'm looking at you Hillary).

Nobody wants to hear about your Hillary Clinton fantasies.

he was at wellmans pub one night and everyone was talking about it...it amazes me who our celebrities are in this great state

id leave the guy a lone im sure he is sick of ppl salivating over him