Josh Pastner

I am not neccessarily a Calipari guy. In fact I think he is kind of a snake. But, I would absolutley love it if we hire Josh Pastner (former Calipari asst.). The guy can flat out recruit and plays an "exciting" brand of basketball. He is young and energetic. Watching this guy on the sidelines he is very intense. I think he is exactly what this programs need right now. That is if he would even consider leaving his #1 recruiting class he has coming to Memphis.

I wouldn't be opposed, but I get the feeling we'd be looking for a coach again in 3 years after he leaves for greener pastures, a la UCLA, UCONN, etc.

He wreaks a little too much of Quinn Synder to me, personally, but I am open minded and willing to listen to people in the know about how they feel about him. If their aren't any red flags I could get behind this hire.

He played for and coached under Lute. Last time, Lute called Barta and suggested he take a look at the kid.

I prefer him over Keno. Better coaching tree with Lute & Calipari. Has the number one recruiting class this year. Probably, listen because of Lute.

Also, he is coaching at little brother. No matter what he does at Memphis, he will always be overshadowed by the men's and women's progams at Tennessee.

Personally, at this point I hope Barta brings in a guy that is looking at greener pastures in 2-3-4 years. If that is the case, then he obviously is getting done at Iowa to get looks from others. Any coach that turns the program around in a short time will make the next hire a lot easier.

I am not neccessarily a Calipari guy. In fact I think he is kind of a snake. But, I would absolutley love it if we hire Josh Pastner (former Calipari asst.). The guy can flat out recruit and plays an "exciting" brand of basketball. He is young and energetic. Watching this guy on the sidelines he is very intense. I think he is exactly what this programs need right now. That is if he would even consider leaving his #1 recruiting class he has coming to Memphis.

I wonder how many out of that #1 recruiting class would consider Iowa City if he got the gig?
"Build it (throw more money at the coach) and they will come"

1.) I think moving from Memphis to Iowa is lateral at best, but likely down.
2.) He's a fiery competitor and very driven - but that also means he's going to job hop.
3.) He's made it no secret that he wants to coach in the NBA; he wouldn't be around long.

1.) I think moving from Memphis to Iowa is lateral at best, but likely down.
2.) He's a fiery competitor and very driven - but that also means he's going to job hop.
3.) He's made it no secret that he wants to coach in the NBA; he wouldn't be around long.

Especially #1, hes got a great job and the #1 recruiting class

Latest posts