Josh Oglesby

I really like how Fran plays the hot hand, and absolutely love how he coached the end of the Penn St game with the foul and the miss free throw on purpose. As long as Fran is around I think Iowa basketball will be year long excitement.

May was on with Dolph and Bobby in the post game and Dolph told him that Fran was torn between giving May a starting spot and keeping him where he is to be a spark off of the bench...May basically told Dolph that he loves what he's doing now and being that spark and he doesn't care about being a starter.

I love Eric.... I also love how much he has made me eat some of the stupid things I have said about him. A true class Hawk.

May was on with Dolph and Bobby in the post game and Dolph told him that Fran was torn between giving May a starting spot and keeping him where he is to be a spark off of the bench...May basically told Dolph that he loves what he's doing now and being that spark and he doesn't care about being a starter.

Definitely a class thing to say. I know he's playing very well right now and being the spark might be a fuel for that. If he were to make it in the starting lineup, who gets pulled? The Ginja Ninja?

As for JO, although he didn't get a lot of minutes, he did draw a lot of attention (as many have stated). Also, IMO, he wasn't a liability on D either.

I like the options Fran has, however I think this team is better with May on the floor than Oglesby. I think our greatest challenge is athleticism and specifically we struggle to finish around the basket in transition or the half-court. May is our best athlete and I like the toughness he brings on both ends. To me he is symbolic of a team that has improved a lot defensively during the season and never ever quits. A fun team to watch and easy to root for. Oglesby is our best player coming off screens, but when we get the kind of movement we had today it creates wide open looks that players like McCabe, Marble and even May can convert.

May is a senior and wants to make it to the dance once in his career...even seems to be taking matters into his own hands more and more with each passing game. Confidence is a wonderful thing. Keep this in mind before giving up on Oglesby down the road...this year and the next 2.

I have no idea if this is happening, but I wonder if May is getting more minutes in place of Josh
I think you're right. Plus, Marble is playing better so he is taking more minutes in the second halves that had been going to J.Ogle

Fran said after the game that Minnesota was playing a lot of attention to Josh because he shot the ball well against them up there. Said even though he never got any shots his presence on the floor forced Minny to chase him freeing up the inside more.

It obviously helped us so much that he sat on the bench the entire second half.

Worst shooting shooter I've seen in my lifetime. 27% shooter with slow feet. What gets me, and I see this with every team i've ever watched in pre-game drills is this: Why do players take lazy shots during warm ups? Does anyone think that's the kind of shot they'll be shooting during the game? I watched a piece on Dirk Nowitski 2 years ago about how he practices shots like he takes during the game. Practices them over and over and at game-speed. Doesn't this make more sense than lazily spotting up from 3, and slowly releasing shot after shot before the game, with your toes not even getting off the ground? I'll never understand this from so called "shooters".

Latest posts