Josh Oglesby

The box score is right. He really didn't get any open looks and was just a body out there for 8 minutes.

I have no idea if this is happening, but I wonder if May is getting more minutes in place of Josh

Seems to me Fran pulled him for a 'lapse in defense" type reason at some point, nothing related to scoring. But that was Dolph's take I think - was stuck listening to the radio today.

May was playing so very well I think FM was reluctant to take him out much. I pray this is an epiphany for FM.

Minnesota did a great job of covering him... so great in fact that it opened up the lanes for many dunks! This may be the best game Oglesby played!

He obviously was on the floor to draw attention away from other players. His benefit was as a distraction.....

Most definitely. I heard Fran say that earlier this week. And it is kinda amazing how much respect other teams have for Josh even though he isn't hitting ****. He's showed the ability to go on streaks, which means that other teams have to focus on him. Even when he's hitting twenty-whatever percent. Which of course helps others get open shots.

25 percent of Josh's contribution to the team is his scoring, passing, and defending. 75 percent is how opposing coaches have to alter their game plan when he enters the game.

May was on with Dolph and Bobby in the post game and Dolph told him that Fran was torn between giving May a starting spot and keeping him where he is to be a spark off of the bench...May basically told Dolph that he loves what he's doing now and being that spark and he doesn't care about being a starter.

May was on with Dolph and Bobby in the post game and Dolph told him that Fran was torn between giving May a starting spot and keeping him where he is to be a spark off of the bench...May basically told Dolph that he loves what he's doing now and being that spark and he doesn't care about being a starter.

very honorable thing to say.

minny was all over oglesby, as has been said. that opened things up for some drives while he was in. he was really nice at the top of the zone, and didn't turn the ball over (ok, faint praise on the last one).

i may eat crap for it, but i think he's going to shoot a lot better next year. he's pressing.

Fran said after the game that Minnesota was playing a lot of attention to Josh because he shot the ball well against them up there. Said even though he never got any shots his presence on the floor forced Minny to chase him freeing up the inside more.

Latest posts