Jordan was raining 3's last night

I do think sometimes people forget how good of a shooter Jbo is. Teams guard him so far out because he can launch from deep and hit them. That opens up for everyone else.

If he was allowed to spot up and take kick outs from say a Toussaint, it would be unfair. He shoots 40% from deep with a lot of those off the dribble, which are very difficult shots.

I do think sometimes people forget how good of a shooter Jbo is. Teams guard him so far out because he can launch from deep and hit them. That opens up for everyone else.

If he was allowed to spot up and take kick outs from say a Toussaint, it would be unfair. He shoots 40% from deep with a lot of those off the dribble, which are very difficult shots.

Yep. Imagine Garza operating with Jordan at the 1, CJ the 2 and Joe at the 3. With Connor improving greatly from last year....who do you double? And as unselfish as all those guys are....fun.

Yep. Imagine Garza operating with Jordan at the 1, CJ the 2 and Joe at the 3. With Connor improving greatly from last year....who do you double? And as unselfish as all those guys are....fun.
We saw it in the 1H of that Texas Tech game this year and it was pretty fun. Albeit Jbo wasn’t at full strength. We didn’t know how special CJF was at that point either.

I really hope we get to see it again next year.

I'm guilty of forgetting how good of a shooter he is.

We saw it in the 1H of that Texas Tech game this year and it was pretty fun. Albeit Jbo wasn’t at full strength. We didn’t know how special CJF was at that point either.

I really hope we get to see it again next year.
Makes me want to go back and watch that game. Garza hadn't really hit full stride yet either.

Toussaint seems to be settling down and his shot has been good. He was two for two on three pointers against Ohio State. It will be interesting to see how good he can become.
Yeah and he attempted a shot that I hope he can get good at making too is that tear drop in-between 10-12 footer or so. A shot Mark Jackson made a living off of. With his quickness and ability to get to the lane like that if he can get good at that (which is tough there's nothing easy about it) it'd be as dangerous of a shot for him as hitting 3s would be.

Yeah and he attempted a shot that I hope he can get good at making too is that tear drop in-between 10-12 footer or so. A shot Mark Jackson made a living off of. With his quickness and ability to get to the lane like that if he can get good at that (which is tough there's nothing easy about it) it'd be as dangerous of a shot for him as hitting 3s would be.
Yup. I loved that floater he took last night. That’s a shot he needs in his game. He shot it with good touch it just didn’t go in.

IF Garza comes back and IF Jordan returns to his former self, next years team will be the highest scoring of Fran's tenure. Not only do Joe, CJ, and JBo all have the ability to stroke it from outside, but they all move well without the ball. CJ moves particularly well without the it.

If those three are on the court together teams playing man must have 3 excellent perimeter defenders whose focus is locked in possession after possession. Most teams just don't have enough guys who can do it consistently for a whole game. Not to mention posts who can help off the screen and still recover out to Garza if steps back behind the arc.

And zone, forget about it. If you drop a help defender from anywhere your going to give a shooter an opening. So you either give them looks or you let Garza school your bigs.

Bottom line, that would be a nightmare of a team to defend and I want more than anything to get a chance to see it.

Fu*k being unfair, i think it would ge great!

this has been my stance since before JT arrived. think about JT, JBo, CJF and JW on the floor at the same time with garza.

I'm a big "enjoy this team and the moment guy" but damn, when I see this I get why we're all salivating over next season. 24-26 and I think one of those didn't go in because of Pat's FT.

That is crazy shit! Not many playing the game can do what he just did.

Hawkeye Basketball deserves to have a dream season next year, we are SO overdue. The pieces are there if they all return. And you bet your ass the players know this as well. After hearing about JBOs text regarding Garza coming back it is obviously something these guys want to see happen as bad as the fan base does. If I'm a teammate I'd be in Lukas ear all the time about it. The very real opportunity they will have to accomplish things you dream about will be hard for Luka to pass up. You can't put a price on that.

I love it, and I can’t wait for the post season and next year team should be fun to watch! I think we have something special with this team. Goooo Hawks! Goo deep into NCAA’s

Latest posts