Jordan was raining 3's last night

Connor is becoming much better shooting the three. If his improvement continues and he can be relied upon to make 35% of his threes, that will make it even more difficult to guard three snipers on the perimeter

Freddy, JoeT, and Jordan can take it inside so they will have to drop a man guarding Luka

Gonna be a coaching Nightmare for the opposing coaching staff, and especially the players to stop the Hawks next season

Already is this season without Jordan

tumblr_op8uxih9hL1qe6mn3o1_250.gif

The Hawkeye future is looking bright

:cool:

Remember when Fran couldn’t recruit? It’s so crazy how a season can erase so much. I’m cheering for the team to make a run and erase all that shit too

That is crazy shit! Not many playing the game can do what he just did.

Hawkeye Basketball deserves to have a dream season next year, we are SO overdue. The pieces are there if they all return. And you bet your ass the players know this as well. After hearing about JBOs text regarding Garza coming back it is obviously something these guys want to see happen as bad as the fan base does. If I'm a teammate I'd be in Lukas ear all the time about it. The very real opportunity they will have to accomplish things you dream about will be hard for Luka to pass up. You can't put a price on that.
If I was Luka, I take out my hearing aid and ignore whoever yells at me.

Connor is becoming much better shooting the three. If his improvement continues and he can be relied upon to make 35% of his threes, that will make it even more difficult to guard three snipers on the perimeter

Freddy, JoeT, and Jordan can take it inside so they will have to drop a man guarding Luka

Gonna be a coaching Nightmare for the opposing coaching staff, and especially the players to stop the Hawks next season

Already is this season without Jordan
I'm salivating and I cant wait to see Tom Izzo pooped his pants when Garza dropped 40 points!
tumblr_op8uxih9hL1qe6mn3o1_250.gif

The Hawkeye future is looking bright

:cool:

That is crazy shit! Not many playing the game can do what he just did.

Hawkeye Basketball deserves to have a dream season next year, we are SO overdue. The pieces are there if they all return. And you bet your ass the players know this as well. After hearing about JBOs text regarding Garza coming back it is obviously something these guys want to see happen as bad as the fan base does. If I'm a teammate I'd be in Lukas ear all the time about it. The very real opportunity they will have to accomplish things you dream about will be hard for Luka to pass up. You can't put a price on that.

Oh you can definitely put a price on it if Luka is a first rounder. And it's in the millions.

I'm a big "enjoy this team and the moment guy" but damn, when I see this I get why we're all salivating over next season. 24-26 and I think one of those didn't go in because of Pat's FT.

Yea, that's just nuts. When these guys are just shooting around and/or warming up pre-game without a defender on them, they don't miss. Women the same.

Remember in high school hitting a 3 and feeling like "Yea, I hit that one!". These players are like that when they miss, "What, missed that one, shit!".

Seriously tho, how did this program go from an after thought to one that you might consider is stock piling talent? We haven't figured anything out yet, so I am not trying to get too far in front of myself here, but wow do we have a lot of good talent that has been coming thru this program lately. Hard to think about had Fran gotten DJ or XF. I imagine if the 2017 season didn't happen, we might have. Yet, it seemingly isn't going to matter because we have a coach who knows what he's doing at this point, especially when it comes to identifying talent that can play at this level.

Seriously tho, how did this program go from an after thought to one that you might consider is stock piling talent? We haven't figured anything out yet, so I am not trying to get too far in front of myself here, but wow do we have a lot of good talent that has been coming thru this program lately. Hard to think about had Fran gotten DJ or XF. I imagine if the 2017 season didn't happen, we might have. Yet, it seemingly isn't going to matter because we have a coach who knows what he's doing at this point, especially when it comes to identifying talent that can play at this level.
If Pat is anywhere near as good as his consensus top 100 rating you are looking at having a pretty good core for the future. Fredrick and Toussaint as freshman, heck even Connor is still a sophomore. Nunge might have three years left depending on if he gets a hardship.

Fran probably needs to hit only on like 1 or 2 guys in the 5 man 2020 class. That seems like it would be the floor given the success Fran has had identifying below the radar talent. Ulis and Perkins are tearing it up this year in very high level basketball leagues. Could Iowa be a guard dominated team in a few years?

Next year is the big one obviously if we get everyone back, but the years to follow still appear to be tournament level teams even after losing Garza, Wieskamp, and Bohannon following next year if that’s how it plays out.

If Pat is anywhere near as good as his consensus top 100 rating you are looking at having a pretty good core for the future. Fredrick and Toussaint as freshman, heck even Connor is still a sophomore. Nunge might have three years left depending on if he gets a hardship.

Fran probably needs to hit only on like 1 or 2 guys in the 5 man 2020 class. That seems like it would be the floor given the success Fran has had identifying below the radar talent. Ulis and Perkins are tearing it up this year in very high level basketball leagues. Could Iowa be a guard dominated team in a few years?

Next year is the big one obviously if we get everyone back, but the years to follow still appear to be tournament level teams even after losing Garza, Wieskamp, and Bohannon following next year if that’s how it plays out.

And Nunge by that point is going to be well versed and have a lot of college basketball under his belt, even though not a lot in games.

Yeah there's a few games this year where I feel like we don't have that crazy clutch shooter that can single handedly bring us back into games from 3. Garza is a great 3 point spot shooter but doesn't really create his own shot from out there. Go back and watch the highlights against NW last year and you can see just how valuable somebody like that can be. Those 3's he hoisted up were just incredible.

Latest posts