Jordan Oladokun decommits from Iowa

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Jordan Oladokun decommits from Iowa
yeshgygtc1ftozoapdtn

Jordan Oladokun has reopened his recruiting again. (Rivals.com)
HawkeyeReport.com
Staff
Florida cornerback

Jordan Oladokun

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

ujz9bw6z5lwihd2mxkxk

-

NATL
ST
POS
JORDAN
OLADOKUN

UNDECIDED
5'11" | 180 LBS | CB
GAITHER
TAMPA, FL

has decommitted from Iowa for a second time now. Citing recent racial issues in the news, the 5-foot-11, 180-pound Tampa native announced his decision to reopen his recruiting again on Twitter this morning.

Citing recent racial issues in the news, the 5-foot-11, 180-pound Tampa native announced his decision to reopen his recruiting again on Twitter this morning.
That Yahoo News headline is hilarious.

"Former Black Iowa Players Demand..."

The way that's written it means the players were black at one time but they aren't anymore.

I know it's not exactly the NY Times we're dealing with, but do "reporters" even have to take English anymore, let alone pass it?

***EDIT: I see the guy is an ISU grad. Nevermind.***

Shocker - there will be more to come, I think. This racial discrimination story is a pr disaster. Not sure how they can convince any non-white athletes' parents that such discrimination didn't and won't happen in the future, unless the recruit is legacy.

I know I wouldn't want my child to be exposed to a potentially racist environment if it could be avoided.

Is firing Doyle enough?

Shocker - there will be more to come, I think. This racial discrimination story is a pr disaster. Not sure how they can convince any non-white athletes' parents that such discrimination didn't and won't happen in the future, unless the recruit is legacy.

I know I wouldn't want my child to be exposed to a potentially racist environment if it could be avoided.

Is firing Doyle enough?

You might want to read Ed Miles's Facebook post from yesterday. Or listen to an interview Mrs. Goodson last Summer. It gives a little more honest perspective...

You might want to read Ed Miles's Facebook post from yesterday. Or listen to an interview Mrs. Goodson last Summer. It gives a little more honest perspective...

Oh, I don't believe the allegations on KF's part. He's got way too much of a track record of standing on principle, and way too much of a record of philanthropy and helping good black players (Shonne Greene, for one) that had trouble for me to believe it. I also don't think there is a coach in America stupid enough to be racist against black players - it's football suicide. KF is not a dumb man. He's so principled and disciplined it drives me nuts sometimes, but he just can't be a racist.. But in the short-term recruiting perception is going to rule over reality, and in this racially charged climate I don't know how you change it.

Long-term, after the recruiting hit dies down and more supportive evidence of my opinion comes out, things will turn around. But it will be tough for the U of I to weather racial allegations.

I might get blasted for it but I don't care because I'm sick of it. All we hear now is how widespread racism is happening. Systemic racism. Oh how the goal post for the definition of "racism" has changed from decades past. Now if someone doesn't get or have what another has, it' racism. Some people start from a better foundation, is that racism? Yes, I agree we have pick all up, but if someone sees something a bit unfair or they don't have something another has it's now racism, regardless of the bad decision one has made in the past that may have delayed success, I.E. not getting a diploma, getting a girl prego at a young age, having past arrest warrants, etc..

The definition of true racism has changed. If Rosa Parks or Jack Trice saw what people are calling racism today, they'd roll their eyes. People aren't being told to sit in the back of the bus. Athletes aren't taking separate buses to away games or having to stay in a separate hotels like Jack Trice did when playing for ISU. Suppression in that regard is racism. Not hiring a guy soley based on skin color is racism. Does that still happen, I'm sure it does periodically by assholes, but I don't think it's "systemic" like it is stated. Just because the percents are not always equal doesn't automatically make it racism. The best man or woman should be hired, regardless of color.

The other day a college football game was on. A timeout was called and a black running back ran to the sidelines and a young white woman athletic trainer lifted a bottle of water and gave the player a drink between his face guard. This is a player who most likely is going to get drafted at some point and have a chance at millions of $$. I recall when seeing that, that it is a great moment in time and with where our country is today. Would that have happened in the days of Jack Trice?

Last edited:
Juan Harris say's come on already...............make a decision!
Because nothing has changed in the 3 days prior that the kid was tweeting happy Hawkeye thoughts... But hey he's a kid the media will make this lawsuit into a big deal and I don't blame him. He has every right to change his mind it's his life nobody elses. He won't let me tell him what color socks to wear so why would he let me tell him where to go to school?

It'll be interesting to see the overall effect this suit will have. How fast does it go through the process and how does it end? Barta isn't afraid to lose a lawsuit we've seen that. To what extent (if any at all) does school attempt to settle? This whole thing opens new cans of worms and time will tell how the dominos fall. This young fella is 1 of them. A small one but 1 nonetheless.

So here's how I see it. I have absolutely no issue with a player decommitting based on what occurred over the summer. It's their life and there will be other players who want to be Hawkeyes to fill that scholarship. What I don't understand in this situation is that he'd decommitted previously and then recommitted once the matter was addressed internally and the current players started coming out in support of the program and talking about how the change has already started.

So what has gotten worse within the program, or has had a more of a negative impact recently that has made the state of Iowa worse now than it was when he recommitted? Is it the lawsuit, that most of us saw coming? Is it the fact that some are still calling for Ferentz to be terminated? Like I said, I wish him the best, and his decommitment has no impact on me whatsoever, but I just don't understand the logic. If anything, IMO things were way worse at the time he recommitted.

My unsubstantiated guess is that someone who is recruiting him got in his ear about racism in the Iowa program. He is a kid and pretty much by definition subject to confusion. I hope he goes somewhere he is happy and successful. He and Iowa football will be fine.

My unsubstantiated guess is that someone who is recruiting him got in his ear about racism in the Iowa program. He is a kid and pretty much by definition subject to confusion. I hope he goes somewhere he is happy and successful. He and Iowa football will be fine.

I agree that I'm sure someone got in his ear, but the timing blows my mind. Everyone would have been in his ear at the time he recommitted so what made him decide Iowa was the right school then, but now made him reconsider. I guess it all comes down to being a kid and not knowing what you want for supper let alone any idea what you want to do with your life.

Why all the fuss?

Anyone who's a waffling flipper isn't someone I want in my locker room if I'm a coach or player.

This is a good thing. Would you rather find out your brakes don't work before or after you drive away?

I agree that I'm sure someone got in his ear, but the timing blows my mind. Everyone would have been in his ear at the time he recommitted so what made him decide Iowa was the right school then, but now made him reconsider. I guess it all comes down to being a kid and not knowing what you want for supper let alone any idea what you want to do with your life.
You better believe that someone got in his ear. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised one iota if the firm representing the players is actively contacting recruits to try and get as many decommitments as possible.

That kind of behavior seems deplorable, but is nevertheless common practice for firms trying to gain as much leverage as possible.

You better believe that someone got in his ear. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised one iota if the firm representing the players is actively contacting recruits to try and get as many decommitments as possible.

That kind of behavior seems deplorable, but is nevertheless common practice for firms trying to gain as much leverage as possible.

That would be a far fetched conspiracy theory, but it is 2020.

Latest posts