Jordan Dykstra

Enginerd

So what's the deal with this kid? 6-9 with a good handle and pretty athletic. Why aren't any of the "Big" 4 in the hunt?

So what's the deal with this kid? 6-9 with a good handle and pretty athletic. Why aren't any of the "Big" 4 in the hunt?

He had originally signed with the Clones, however, now committed to SDSU in Brookings, SD.

Why the Hawkeye haven't been ON this guy, is beyond any rational explanation.

He signed with Iowa St before his frosh year, but they split ways after it was discovered that he didnt want to put in the work to become a top tier player. Look good at the state tourney the last couple years, but think am wondering why he ends up at SDSU.

Is he a better player than McCabe? He looked like he had more ball skills, but maybe hadn't put the effort into the weight room than McCabe had.

The kid looks impressive as a ball player and build wise. Is there a link between him and heemstra going to the same school and him and ISU cooling on each other? I don't really know, but he seems like a great guy.

I think he wanted to stay close to home. SDSU is right up the road from where he lives. Plus he gets to still play D-1, and do it with his 6-9 friend who has dominated the last two years with him (Heemstra)

It's not that he isn't good enough. If he put forth the effort he is definitely skilled enough to. But he had other priorites and didn't want to put forth the effort to play high level D1 bball. Which is fine.

But up until his junior year he was ranked a top 100 player in the country and a 4 star recruit.

He signed with Iowa St before his frosh year, but they split ways after it was discovered that he didnt want to put in the work to become a top tier player. Look good at the state tourney the last couple years, but think am wondering why he ends up at SDSU.

Another thing with this is that he wanted to play football his senior year and ISU didn't want him too for risk of injury.

I would like to see where he was rated as a top 100 player? Jordan is a good player but was 6'9" as a freshman in HS when he verbally committed to ISU. Jordan is a good player but like the other poster said, he would struggle in a power conference.

I would like to see where he was rated as a top 100 player? Jordan is a good player but was 6'9" as a freshman in HS when he verbally committed to ISU. Jordan is a good player but like the other poster said, he would struggle in a power conference.

Just because you don't know squat about recruiting doesn't mean I am wrong. From his freshmen year until the beginning of his junior year RIVALS had him as a top 100 recruit. That is 100% a fact.

cyclone boy, what is your obsession here?!

As for JD, if cougill is a "power conference" player, then JD is too, without a doubt. I'll leave it at that!

IMO Dykstra has more potential and is a player than McCabe or Cougill and in response to arndog77- he didn't get hurt. He kinda reminds of an Adam Koch type player.

It's not that he isn't good enough. If he put forth the effort he is definitely skilled enough to. But he had other priorites and didn't want to put forth the effort to play high level D1 bball. Which is fine.

But up until his junior year he was ranked a top 100 player in the country and a 4 star recruit.
What are you talking about? What site was he ever ranked in the top 100 and a 4 star recruit?

Latest posts