Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

I will summarize the situation. Jordan, the guy who clocked him from the side, and those on this boarding debating whether a human being ever deserves to get brutally punched to an unconscious state because he acted like an idiot, all need to EVOLVE.

Find inspiration from the examples of MLK, Christ, Ghandi, and Mandela; not Justin Bieber and Ron Artest.

I don't feel "sorry" for Bohannon... he somewhat well known - so jackwagons will be looking for a chance to make a name for themselves by popping him.

However no one really knows what happened that lead up to this - its just a bunch of people repeating what other people said. Probably 95% of the people at the bar don't know either but are just repeating shit other people said. So these conclusions about what he "deserved" are based on nothing substantial.

There are plenty of people that I wanted to punch in the face in life - but I didn't for various reasons, one being that I wouldn't feel good about it afterwards (actually been there)

self defense is one thing.. but physically assaulting someone because they made you mad is never going to make things better for anyone.

Experience?

Not in a bar, but I got sucker punched by some fucking sociopath when I was in high school. Today with so many people on mind altering drugs, I stay the hell away from crowded bars. People take all this shit and then drink and someone can be totally normal one minute and fly off into a rage the next. Moral of the story, if you are in a bar and dudes get in your face find the god damned exit and bouncers ASAP. Think about CJ Beathard's brother. There's just no upside to getting involved in an altercation at a bar.

However no one really knows what happened that lead up to this - its just a bunch of people repeating what other people said. Probably 95% of the people at the bar don't know either but are just repeating shit other people said. So these conclusions about what he "deserved" are based on nothing substantial.

Given the number of dudes around there in formal attire, I suspect there is some credence to the story that he was throwing ice onto a wedding party.

I am not one to condone violence and would also not condone JBo's alleged behavior either. I would never say he deserved what happened, however it is completely unsurprising that this happened and he should have known better.

Similar story, I was at DC's a few years ago with a group of friends and some kid was acting like a punk. We tried to ignore it until he spit on the ground next to us and it splashed on my wife. At that time I grabbed him by the back of the neck and held him until the bouncers came and removed him. That was about the closest I've ever come to throwing a punch, but realized the DB wasn't worth it - as is always the case. I saw him sitting on a planter right outside the bar an hour later when we left.

It's unfortunate that nobody at the bar did anything to prevent the situation. I guess it's possible they threw him out and he just hung around in front of the bar looking to instigate, of course that's all speculation.

I am not one to condone violence and would also not condone JBo's alleged behavior either. I would never say he deserved what happened, however it is completely unsurprising that this happened and he should have known better.

Similar story, I was at DC's a few years ago with a group of friends and some kid was acting like a punk. We tried to ignore it until he spit on the ground next to us and it splashed on my wife. At that time I grabbed him by the back of the neck and held him until the bouncers came and removed him. That was about the closest I've ever come to throwing a punch, but realized the DB wasn't worth it - as is always the case. I saw him sitting on a planter right outside the bar an hour later when we left.

It's unfortunate that nobody at the bar did anything to prevent the situation. I guess it's possible they threw him out and he just hung around in front of the bar looking to instigate, of course that's all speculation.

I looks like many were outside looking to instigate - Jordan didn't help that either of course... but if he was blitzed out his mind then its not like being smart is likely.

Not in a bar, but I got sucker punched by some fucking sociopath when I was in high school. Today with so many people on mind altering drugs, I stay the hell away from crowded bars. People take all this shit and then drink and someone can be totally normal one minute and fly off into a rage the next. Moral of the story, if you are in a bar and dudes get in your face find the god damned exit and bouncers ASAP. Think about CJ Beathard's brother. There's just no upside to getting involved in an altercation at a bar.

Me too. My school was brutal. Yes, I stay away from places, but things can happen in the most unexpected places and can accelerate quickly. Happened several times in school. Learned that if you can't escape, fight like no tomorrow. A football player with 40 pounds, 5 inches and two years on me did it. After I recovered a few minutes later I went after him and hurt him in front of his girlfriend. After his buddies worked me over in retaliation, they never screwed with me again. Carrying all those 5 gal buckets of water and corn to hogs paid off. Lesson learned. Stay away especially arms length if you can. If you can't get real close so they can't fully swing at you.

Couple of years ago the Mrs and I were on a peaceful walk in a Park and a pit came at us (circled around in Pit fashion). I was about to bust it when the owner showed up. He was an off duty cop under investigation for sexual assault (when he went to prison for) and threatened me and aggressively got in my face. I wanted to run but first, the Mrs was there and I was worried about her and the dog was at my back lunging at my legs. When I thought he was about to swing, I got right in his nose. He said, you don't know what you are getting into old man (I'm in my 50s and in good shape). The words shot out of my mouth, "You don't know what you are about to get yourself into." He's got about 5 inches on me and 25 years younger. His facial expression changed and he backed up and left.

Not saying I did the right thing though it did work out. But when in these situations, it's best to avoid at all cost, but be ready to fight like hell. About 15 years ago, I guy tried to hijack my minivan with the wife and kids in it. I placed my hand on the door frame (was outside the car) and grabbed wrestled him away. It just happened so quickly. And I'm a pretty peaceful guy other than harassing Fry.

Me too. My school was brutal. Yes, I stay away from places, but things can happen in the most unexpected places and can accelerate quickly. Happened several times in school. Learned that if you can't escape, fight like no tomorrow. A football player with 40 pounds, 5 inches and two years on me did it. After I recovered a few minutes later I went after him and hurt him in front of his girlfriend. After his buddies worked me over in retaliation, they never screwed with me again. Carrying all those 5 gal buckets of water and corn to hogs paid off. Lesson learned. Stay away especially arms length if you can. If you can't get real close so they can't fully swing at you.

Couple of years ago the Mrs and I were on a peaceful walk in a Park and a pit came at us (circled around in Pit fashion). I was about to bust it when the owner showed up. He was an off duty cop under investigation for sexual assault (when he went to prison for) and threatened me and aggressively got in my face. I wanted to run but first, the Mrs was there and I was worried about her and the dog was at my back lunging at my legs. When I thought he was about to swing, I got right in his nose. He said, you don't know what you are getting into old man (I'm in my 50s and in good shape). The words shot out of my mouth, "You don't know what you are about to get yourself into." He's got about 5 inches on me and 25 years younger. His facial expression changed and he backed up and left.

Not saying I did the right thing though it did work out. But when in these situations, it's best to avoid at all cost, but be ready to fight like hell. About 15 years ago, I guy tried to hijack my minivan with the wife and kids in it. I placed my hand on the door frame (was outside the car) and grabbed wrestled him away. It just happened so quickly. And I'm a pretty peaceful guy other than harassing Fry.
Damn do you live in South Central Los Angeles circa 1995?

Damn do you live in South Central Los Angeles circa 1995?

My school was hell. Where I live now has very low crime. I do get to LA often. The carjack happened on the way back from LA in Santa Fe. The guy walked to me as I was securing some stuff on the top of the car (have a whole pack of kids and we looked like the Joad's going down the road). He asked me for a ride to LA and I said we just left and he started to jump into my running car. When I wrestled his hands of the door and pushed him back the Mrs. slammed the door shut and locked it. The guy and I just stood there then looking at each other, both out of breath. I then ran to the passenger side and the Mrs. unlocked the door (wasn't sure she was going to). There were people in the lobby of the hotel where we parked on the passenger side and he left. No one could have seen what happened.

My school had a hall of fame football coach who was abusive to players and they took it out on the rest of us. Our principal was a former Olympic Team box and huge and was also physically abusive. Some kids threw a brick through the kitchen sink window when the football coach's son was doing dishes. Some of my classmates dragged a deputy sheriff down the street with their car when he got caught trying to open the door and grab them. Like I said, it was brutal.

Nice try at misdirection. No white knight here. Violence against another person is a line that must not be crossed. The guy who hit him could have killed him. Many instances of a situation like this have resulted in someone’s death. You may want to share your comments with the owners of HN and see what they think. Like it or not you do represent them.
Never in the entire time I've been here have I ever claimed to represent anyone. Least of whom the owners of this site, lol.

One thing you're not going to get anywhere with is intimidating me, but I do admit it's entertaining when you go for it.

Once again and true to my previous post, you've started your semi-annual rage fest of exaggeration. I never encouraged violence whatsoever and I even said it was a stupid idea for the guy to hit him. I also said Bohannon got what anyone should expect for getting drunk, throwing drinks on people, and filming them while daring someone to hit him. That's quite literally what's going to happen to you if you do that, and Bohannon is an idiot for thinking he could get away with it.

At least you are clear that someone who is obnoxious deserves to be hit. I would have no problem walking far away from someone who was out of control. Instead, this idiot hit him. Defend that.
Drama queen? Jordon has a serious head injury. That is pretty damn dramatic.
A head injury that he brought 100% on himself. Had he not gotten out of control and continued to worsen the situation more and more and more, he wouldn't be the laughing stock of the NCAA right now. He did this to himself. There's no victim in this situation.

Look, I've heard more than enough about Bohannon from people who've met him to know he's not a guy I'd try to associate with in my personal life. Is he an idiot? Yeah. Does he "deserve" (there's that word again) to die or get permanently messed up? No.

But @PCHawk nailed it when he said a guy can deserve getting his ass kicked and the guy doing the ass kicking can be wrong at the same time.

At the end of the day its not a big deal. He got obstinate and drunk, and threw drinks on people celebrating a wedding (several people who were there have posted about it in Twitter). Then when he got confronted he whipped the phone out and dared someone to kick his ass, and somebody called his bluff. I would imagine this is probably going to be something that's going to stick with him and embarrass him for a really, really long time which is good. Guys like that need to be knocked down a peg once in a while. Whoever hit him got damn lucky that he didn't hit his head on the corner of a table or have s seizure or something. Not a smart move when you look back on it, but the heat of the moment is a real thing.

Bar fights have been happening for literally hundreds of years, folks. This ain't no big deal. Humble pie is usually good for people and likely the only thing hurt is his pride. Severely.

I mean think about the next time he steps in Hilton and imagine the hilarious signs and memes people are going to make everywhere he goes.
I’m not debating whether JBo started this or deserved an ass kicking. I just think a sucker punch is chicken shit. I realize there are no rules in fighting. Hell, I got kicked in the face and head in one years ago. But these guys were bigger than JBo. There was no reason for what appeared to be a cheap shot.

Soo I'm sure some of you if you were drunk and running your mouth and someone knocked you the F out...

Your conclusion would be _"I deserved it"

Somehow I don't think so... It's easier to feel that way when it someone else or someone not close to you.

Soo I'm sure some of you if you were drunk and running your mouth and someone knocked you the F out...

Your conclusion would be _"I deserved it"

Somehow I don't think so... It's easier to feel that way when it someone else or someone not close to you.
If I did what Bohannon did, wrecking people's good time, acting like an entitled rich kid throwing drinks around at people and daring a guy to hit me while I filmed him, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

If my kid did something like that and got punched, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

Tell me...

What should one's expectation be for what happens to them in that situation? "Oh, I'm acting like the world's worst person and egging that group of people on...they should just be nice to me, help me take a seat on the curb, and give me a ride home?"

Is that what you're saying he should have expected?

If I did what Bohannon did, wrecking people's good time, acting like an entitled rich kid throwing drinks around at people and daring a guy to hit me while I filmed him, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

If my kid did something like that and got punched, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

Tell me...

What should one's expectation be for what happens to them in that situation? "Oh, I'm acting like the world's worst person and egging that group of people on...they should just be nice to me, help me take a seat on the curb, and give me a ride home?"

You read my comments you know exactly what I meant. I didn’t defend Jordan, I didn’t say he didn’t deserve an ass beating, but he didn’t deserve a sucker punch. If that’s how you solve problems, so be it, but it’s chicken shit! I was in plenty altercations growing up, never did I sucker punch anyone. If I had the balls to step up to anyone it was face to face.

Tell me...

Lol that you think Jordan acting like is about him being rich - really?

so your kid got brain damage from his head slamming on the concrete - you'd feel the same way?

Just bad luck in that case i guess right?

You read my comments you know exactly what I meant. I didn’t defend Jordan, I didn’t say he didn’t deserve an ass beating, but he didn’t deserve a sucker punch. If that’s how you solve problems, so be it, but it’s chicken shit! I was in plenty altercations growing up, never did I sucker punch anyone. If I had the balls to step up to anyone it was face to face.
That reply was to @Bigtenchamp

so your kid got brain damage from his head slamming on the concrete - you'd feel the same way?

Just bad luck in that case i guess right?
I'd be inconsolable if something like that happened to my kid, but I'd also know that he chose to put himself in that position and made a series of dumb choices that directly led to what happened to him.

Maybe you were raised by parents who didn't have a high level of accountability for your own personal actions, I don't know. I was raised to not do that stuff in the first place, and definitely not to tempt fate by doing that sort of thing to people who are likely to mess me up if I do.