Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

Looks like he got hit from behind/side to me... thats the way the kids do it these days.

Believe me ive seen it many times.

but yeah can't say for sure.

Plus hammering on drunk people who cant even fight isnt tough or teaching anyone any
lessons.

I'm not defending bohannon - he is an ass... but a lot of athletes are like him. I've met plenty when i was at Iowa that were like him.
So if it’s not up to me to decide if he deserved it, is it up to you to decide he didn’t???

If you lick your finger and stick it in a light socket you’re gonna get fuckin shocked and maybe dead. Did you deserve to die? Maybe that’s debateable but one person alone bears responsibility for what happened and that’s you. You get drunk in a bar, throw drinks on people, taunt them with your phone daring them to hit you, bad things are 100% gonna happen and it’s your fuckin fault and by default you did deserve it. No reasonable person would expect to be able to do that and have an expectation that their safety was guaranteed. The saying, “If you F with the bull you’re gonna get the horns” is 100% appropriate. Maybe the bull is an asshole, but you started it.
Regardless of deserve/didn’t deserve, JB did that shit to himself, Jack. The fact that no one is talking cops and especially Fran not talking cops, probably speaks volumes that he was 100% the instigator.

And for all you guys saying “sucker punch,” prove it. You can’t see jack shit in that video about how he gets laid out. I’m not saying it was t, but you’re making an assumption.

So if it’s not up to me to decide if he deserved it, is it up to you to decide he didn’t???

If you lick your finger and stick it in a light socket you’re gonna get fuckin shocked and maybe dead. Did you deserve to die? Maybe that’s debateable but one person alone bears responsibility for what happened and that’s you. You get drunk in a bar, throw drinks on people, taunt them with your phone daring them to hit you, bad things are 100% gonna happen and it’s your fuckin fault and by default you did deserve it. No reasonable person would expect to be able to do that and have an expectation that their safety was guaranteed. The saying, “If you F with the bull you’re gonna get the horns” is 100% appropriate. Maybe the bull is an asshole, but you started it.
Regardless of deserve/didn’t deserve, JB did that shit to himself, Jack. The fact that no one is talking cops and especially Fran not talking cops, probably speaks volumes that he was 100% the instigator.

And for all you guys saying “sucker punch,” prove it. You can’t see jack shit in that video about how he gets laid out. I’m not saying it was t, but you’re making an assumption.
If all this happened and Jordan got beat down from a guy coming straight at him, that’s one thing. You know that didn’t happen. He was sucker punched from the side or from the back. That’s the bullshit part of this and he didn’t deserve that. A beat down maybe, but not like that. That was a bitch move and they guy will most likely be charged. But I guess he deserves what he gets? I hope it was worth it for him. And who said the cops aren’t involved. A school official said there is an ongoing investigation. Just because charges haven’t been filed yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Well.. there is nothing in that video that also would leave one to conclude that "he deserved" whatever happened.

Its all hearsay at this point.
If it wasn't for the commentary of these two guys - there is so little to go on.

Last edited:
Not defending what happened, but he will think long and hard the next time he has the urge to talk shit.
You sure as hell are supporting the attack on Jabo. Don’t piss on somebody’s leg and tell them it’s raining. Jesus.

Just to be clear. I do not care what Jordon said. To assault someone and maybe even cause serious injury over someone’s words is not only against the law, it is inexcusable. Sucker punch. That is totally beside the point. Assault is assault. If you support this action, you are a disgusting, macho idiot. You are not entitled to voice an “opinion” by ignoring the facts. If the attacker was defending himself, fine. If not, the asshole belongs in jail. Period.

Well, I will say this....the point of a fight is to win the fight with the least amount of damage possible. In the case of whoever took out JBo, to accomplish this he could have probably walked away from him (would have been the safest option and avoided possible charges), or knocked us ass out cold.

He took option number 2 and ended the fight quickly and effectively. Now he will probably have charges to along with it. He made his bed there.

In the case of JBo, it is the old saying what goes around comes around. He fucked with the wrong bull this time.

Again, what I have been saying about JBo (and I'm sure many others) he needs to get off of social media, got off the podcast, and focus on being a better student, athlete, and probably a better person. Going to bars, getting drunk, making an ass of himself, is not the way JBo needs to go about bettering himself.

I do wonder how much the incident is going to change him.

This is an absolutely disgusting rationalization justifying what the guy who assaulted Jordon did. You need to resign as moderator.
You’re playing drama queen again.

If you read my post you’ll see I’m neutral on whether he deserved it. I said that regardless of that, he got shitfaced in a bar, started shit with a bunch of people, stuck a phone in their face and essentially begged them to beat him up. The phone was an “I dare you” and someone took him up on it. That is a stupid thing to do that has a 95% chance of ending up like this. He rolled the dice and lost.

If you do something you know is going to end up in you getting your ass kicked, or if you get so drunk you can’t control yourself and this happens, it’s on you.

You are an asshole.
You should never have children.
You are a waste of food.
Don’t piss on somebody’s leg and tell them it’s raining. Jesus.
You are a disgusting, macho idiot. You are not entitled to voice an “opinion”
Jeepers, such a white knight in shining armor. Maybe you should be the one to “resign.”

Now we get to hear your exaggerations for the next two years about how everyone in this thread thought JB should have been executed in the street instead, and how people saying he should have simply kept his mouth shut and not dared someone to hit him are actually committing assault themselves by having an opinion and should be thrown in jail for being baby-murdering cannibalistic savages unfit to walk the earth.

I trust you have called the proper authorities and I shall expect the local sheriff to arrive on my doorstep post haste. I deserve it, you know....

Maybe the takeaway from all this is that JBO needs to work on his defense.
Lol,

I don’t know that was the quickest lateral movement I have seen out of him in years.

Obviously he is ok or else I wouldn’t be joking around like that.

Unfortunately there have been occasions where people have been punched and went down and hit their heads and died from their injuries. There is never an excuse for violence like that. Force should never be used except in cases of self defense. Those of us with any amount of martial arts training know this.

Should he be out in public if he is intoxicated? Absolutely not as he is a public figure and represents his team. If he hasn’t already done so he owes his teammates an apology for being a poor example in public.

Once he gets his head straight I would expect him to get a good talking to from Fran. Wouldn’t even surprise me one bit if he is looking at some sort of suspension. Given the situation he may change his mind about returning.

I am glad no one was seriously injured. I hope that lessons can be learned from this.

If JBo did the things that was said about him then he should have been arrested, you don’t verbally assault people and throw drinks on them. But, OTOH, you also don’t start a physical altercation with that person you call the authorities, report it to the staff, something other than walking up to him and punching them in the face. 2 wrongs don’t make a right.

You cant trust people drinking in a bar after midnight to use proper judgement. I don’t know exactly what happened but it sounds like both JBo and whoever hit him deserve charges.

If JBo did the things that was said about him then he should have been arrested, you don’t verbally assault people and throw drinks on them. But, OTOH, you also don’t start a physical altercation with that person you call the authorities, report it to the staff, something other than walking up to him and punching them in the face. 2 wrongs don’t make a right.

You cant trust people drinking in a bar after midnight to use proper judgement. I don’t know exactly what happened but it sounds like both JBo and whoever hit him deserve charges.
Correct. If it is true that he threw drinks on people he can be charged with simple assault. I also agree with your point about being out and around others who are under the influence. Just very poor judgement.

It appears you are ok with Jordan learning a lesson in this type of fashion. What am I missing?

What you definitely aren't missing is any opportunity you can find to insert words and meaning into my statements that aren't there.

First you said I was "happy" about the incident...which I am not, nor did I say I was. Now you say I'm "OK, with it". Nowhere did I state approval or say it was a good thing. I don't want anybody getting hurt...nor do I want IOWA basketball getting bad publicity.

What I did say was that learning to keep your mouth shut and ego in check is a good thing (can't imagine that's controversial) and this incident would seem to indicate JBo hasn't yet learned that (which seems pretty obvious by now). Unfortunately, it didn't end for him well this time.

Look, I've heard more than enough about Bohannon from people who've met him to know he's not a guy I'd try to associate with in my personal life. Is he an idiot? Yeah. Does he "deserve" (there's that word again) to die or get permanently messed up? No.

But @PCHawk nailed it when he said a guy can deserve getting his ass kicked and the guy doing the ass kicking can be wrong at the same time.

At the end of the day its not a big deal. He got obstinate and drunk, and threw drinks on people celebrating a wedding (several people who were there have posted about it in Twitter). Then when he got confronted he whipped the phone out and dared someone to kick his ass, and somebody called his bluff. I would imagine this is probably going to be something that's going to stick with him and embarrass him for a really, really long time which is good. Guys like that need to be knocked down a peg once in a while. Whoever hit him got damn lucky that he didn't hit his head on the corner of a table or have s seizure or something. Not a smart move when you look back on it, but the heat of the moment is a real thing.

Bar fights have been happening for literally hundreds of years, folks. This ain't no big deal. Humble pie is usually good for people and likely the only thing hurt is his pride. Severely.

I mean think about the next time he steps in Hilton and imagine the hilarious signs and memes people are going to make everywhere he goes.