Jon

I don't like being called an idiot but say what you want. Is there a way for someone to look into the revenue for wrestling vs MBB. Of course BB has more home events than wrestling does but if we take the home wrestling schedule over a 3 year time vs as many BB games what are the revenue numbers? I hear almost nobody talking about IA BB outside of the fire and hire of coaches.

Then don't say idiotic things...

Don't act shocked that Iowa football and basketball get more pub than wrestling.

Maybe you aren't an idiot, but your argument was pretty stupid.

Coverage gets better around BT's and NCAA's IMO.

Then don't say idiotic things...

Don't act shocked that Iowa football and basketball get more pub than wrestling.

Maybe you aren't an idiot, but your argument was pretty stupid.

Coverage gets better around BT's and NCAA's IMO.

Seriously, end with the idiot comments.

Not for most...

I wish it weren't that way, but it is.

Yeah I guess the post kind of torqued me off. The constant need for basketball fans to remind wrestling fans on the wrestling board the pecking order just gets old. I should realize that it's the only thing basketball fans have to hold on too though. Hard to find anything positive when you are consistently the bottom of the league.

jon i could write up some article about duals but it would have to be proofread for sure haha i am horrible at grammar.....im sure there would be a couple others that would like to as well

i could do a preview of every dual...i know tobini like to do match grades etc....let me know if your interested and i'll ask these guys if they will help me out

pin2win..i would read any info you can give.

I've been visiting HN for quite some time now and I track the stories that make the front page on a spreadsheet in Excel. I actually believe Jon uses a relatively simple formula for computing which stories from which sports get the best positioning.

I've computed the following variables for every story on HN since the site's independent launch: R, F, Q, U W, N, C, T, M, V, X, and I, where:

R = revenue generated by team that is focus of story, F = # of fans that actively follow that sport, Q = quality of opponent (if applicable), U = unexpectedness of event depicted, W = winning percentage of team in question for previous 5 seasons, N = final national ranking of team the previous year, C = capacity of the stadium/area in which the team competes, T = average # of tickets sold per home event, M = square inches of fabric required to construct the team's competition uniforms, V= number of vowels in coaching staff's last names, X = sex appeal of cheerleading/dance squads associated with the team, and I = perceived current level of interest in the story by visitors to HawkeyeNation.com.

The formula for prioritizing the stories, by my rough calculations, looks like this:

Rank = I

(where highest rank values are given the most prominent positions.)

Natty,

Plz tell me u r making that up. I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no formula ;)

Glad there is interest in wrestling. I love wrestling. As it relates to 13 football players getting released from the hospital given the amount of attention this story has gotten nationally, it wasn't a difficult decision as to what got the A slot.

Wait, this site covers sports besides wrestling? I only bookmark the wrestling forum and bypass the rest.

Wait, this site covers sports besides wrestling? I only bookmark the wrestling forum and bypass the rest.

I enjoy Hawkeyenation, but from a wrestling fan's perspective, Hawkeyereport has a much more active wrestling community.

boo i think you have some ppl posting here and there

This site has some quality posters, you included. The only thing Report has as an advantage is the sheer number of wrestling posters. Sometimes the wrestling board here can go dead for awhile. This is not to be meant as a slight to Jon as I believe he has a very good product over here and I enjoy the other forums as well. I jump back and forth. Whoever said too much of a good thing is a bad thing? :)

Last edited: