Jon

helgesontim

Jon, I wanted to let you know that the Iowa wrestling team beat the #1 team in the nation last night. I know you already know this but I have a hard time not seeing it on the front page with a story. If the Iowa basketball team beat tOSU it would have made the front page for sure. I love what you do but the wrestling coverage is slipping a bit I think.

Thanks

I see that but I thought it would have replaced the 13 Hawks Home from the Hospital. Just think if it were IA MBB it certainly would have replaced the current 13 Hawks Home from the Hospital.

I think it is awesome what the Hawkeye wrestling team does, but the pecking order goes Football, BBall, then everything else. Being upset that it wasn't in the spot you would like is a bit silly. You're nitpicking your allies.

jon i could write up some article about duals but it would have to be proofread for sure haha i am horrible at grammar.....im sure there would be a couple others that would like to as well

i could do a preview of every dual...i know tobini like to do match grades etc....let me know if your interested and i'll ask these guys if they will help me out

I think it is awesome what the Hawkeye wrestling team does, but the pecking order goes Football, BBall, then everything else. Being upset that it wasn't in the spot you would like is a bit silly. You're nitpicking your allies.

If the pecking order so to speak is Football, BBall we are in big trouble. Iowa wrestling is historic unlike IA BBall. I wouldn't be surprised if IA wrestling creates more money for the UofI then MBB. After all we are trying to win NCAA's 4 years in a row which IA bb will NEVER accomplish.

If the pecking order so to speak is Football, BBall we are in big trouble. Iowa wrestling is historic unlike IA BBall. I wouldn't be surprised if IA wrestling creates more money for the UofI then MBB. After all we are trying to win NCAA's 4 years in a row which IA bb will NEVER accomplish.

I cannot speak for Jon but the news of 13 players getting released from the hospital over shadows EVERYTHING related to Iowa athletics currently.

Secondly, the article is on the front page, just not the main article.

This falls under the category of people always finding something to complain about.

I'm reminded of the 80's when the wrestlers and basketball players would get into the occasional altercation.

Just giving Jon a hard time but that story has been the main front page for almost 2 days now. I am not complaining but some how I just get the feeling the wrestling coverage is slipping just a bit which I don't like. After Jon left scout the wrestling coverage went to about zero which is why I canceled my subscription. IA football and wrestling is what I love and want more wrestling coverage during wrestling season is all.

Thanks

atleast wrestling has its own forum and even an article on the front page...some hawk websites don't even talk about wrestling

Just giving Jon a hard time but that story has been the main front page for almost 2 days now. I am not complaining but some how I just get the feeling the wrestling coverage is slipping just a bit which I don't like. After Jon left scout the wrestling coverage went to about zero which is why I canceled my subscription. IA football and wrestling is what I love and want more wrestling coverage during wrestling season is all.

Thanks

if you come to the forum often me and few others are always posting links and giving our insights

are you new or just never post?

I think as wrestling fans we all get it, we're lucky to be third in any pecking order. But I have to agree knocking off the number one team in the nation, an in conference rival, against an iowa state legend, add in some big individual upsets, and a pretty impressive streak and its still cant compete with football players being discharged from the hospital. Its even sadder the team gets slighted when Iowa wrestling is the definition of a juggernaut. Imagine how it is at other schools where the basketball team is actually good and the football team plays both halves of a season.

if you come to the forum often me and few others are always posting links and giving our insights

are you new or just never post?

Pin I read the Football and Wrestling threads atleast 2 times a day. I am not a big poster but will post occasionally. You guys do a great job and I appreciate it as a follower. I am giving Jon a hard time because I couldn't help but think if IA BB beat tOSU it would be all over the front page. After all we just beat the #1 team in the nation.

I think this football story is very important but I am sick of hearing about it already. I personally think we need more stories on this site and around the country talking about the intensity of the UofI wrestling program. If people think our S&C staff was out of line sending 13 players to the UIHC they need to watch a IA wrestling practice once. I am sick and tired of America becoming babies and wanting to point fingers all the time. Lets report positives and see what happens.

The pecking order for who? Speak for yourself. Iowa Wrestling for a lot of fans is the pecking order.

The pecking order for who? Speak for yourself. Iowa Wrestling for a lot of fans is the pecking order.

I think his point was that if you took a vote of which sport is most popular and followed by the most ppl in the state of Iowa, that would be the way it would go. You really can't deny that. I'm not saying there aren't exclusive wrestling fans, but this is a site that is trying to appeal to the most ppl (I would assume). The masses follow football and bball the most.

Its the pecking order as far as fan following, and its really not even close. I'm a bigger wrestling fan than basketball too, but you're an idiot if you really think Iowa Wrestling is ahead of basketball in the pecking order.

As down in the dumps as Iowa basketball is, it still generates more revenue than wrestling.

Again, not trying to be a jerk, because like I said, I'm a huge Wrestling fan. Its just the reality of the situation.

Its the pecking order as far as fan following, and its really not even close. I'm a bigger wrestling fan than basketball too, but you're an idiot if you really think Iowa Wrestling is ahead of basketball in the pecking order.

As down in the dumps as Iowa basketball is, it still generates more revenue than wrestling.

Again, not trying to be a jerk, because like I said, I'm a huge Wrestling fan. Its just the reality of the situation.

I don't like being called an idiot but say what you want. Is there a way for someone to look into the revenue for wrestling vs MBB. Of course BB has more home events than wrestling does but if we take the home wrestling schedule over a 3 year time vs as many BB games what are the revenue numbers? I hear almost nobody talking about IA BB outside of the fire and hire of coaches.

I don't like being called an idiot but say what you want. Is there a way for someone to look into the revenue for wrestling vs MBB. Of course BB has more home events than wrestling does but if we take the home wrestling schedule over a 3 year time vs as many BB games what are the revenue numbers? I hear almost nobody talking about IA BB outside of the fire and hire of coaches.

Here is a list of the revenue numbers for the 3 top sports at iowa:
FY 10 Estimates FY 11 Budget
INCOME:
Men’s Sports
Football $ 19,725,044 $ 19,897,100
Basketball $ 1,875,000 $ 2,301,500
Wrestling $ 4 07,068 $ 4 26,000

With that being said, it does cost more money to run the basketball program than it does the wrestling. But as you can see it brings in much more money that is considered income. Both programs are in the hole at the end of the day though which is the case for nearly all athletic programs across the country outside of football.