Jon, question for deace.....

Correct. The skill guys get the limelight, but at the end of the day, unless you are in some track meet league like the Pac 10 or Big 8, you better have damned good line play if you want to contend for a conference title. Clemson and Bama have fallen off a cliff on their lines. Clemson's d-line last year had 3 guys taken in the top 20 or so of the draft. Those teams have the fancy QBs and skill guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them win the title this year.

I’ll believe it when I see it, but I sure hope you’re right!

I’ll believe it when I see it, but I sure hope you’re right!
Bama's o-line got embarrassed by Georgia and Clemson last year. And they lost that left tackle and Ross P. It is not a great o-line and they are going to have some battles against the SEC d-lines. Tua also can't do anything if you take away the first read. The guy is athletic and has a good arm, but he doesn't have the head of a great QB.

I listen to Deace but take what he says with a grain of salt. On his pre-season national team picks, sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrong. Vs Wisky, the Michigan LBs were completely out of their gaps over and over, and the Safeties -- well, who knows what they were doing. I think he is completely wrong about Iowa's offensive strategy on Sat. After Wisky ran for 350 yds, why would Iowa think they cannot gain 150-200 yds on the ground and play exactly the ball control game they want? Why would they try to throw for 300+ yds and have Stanley take multiple sacks from a blitzing defense and get behind the chains, and in the process turn the ball over repeatedly to Michigan's "unstoppable" WRs? Makes no sense. What bothers me about Deace's rants lately is that Jon never challenges him on anything he says, even when he contradicts himself, and never asks a simple question to Deace like "If Michigan's WRs are so unstoppable, what happened to them vs Army?"

Right, as we all know Iowa and Wisconsin want to play a similar style of ball controlled offense. Iowa has an offensive line that is equal too or better than Wisconsin, Iowa has the better QB, & their skill talent outside is better. Iowa doesn’t have a JT however their backs are more than capable. If Michigan is going to just simply stack the box and/or blitz the heck out of Iowa and force Stanley to beat them, why did they not employ that same strategy against Wisconsin and force their QB to beat them? I also agree w/ your statement about Jon not challenging deace w/ anything he says anymore. I actually really enjoy listening to deace i just found it interesting how he so adamantly expresses how Michigan played their worst game in program history against Wisconsin when he just stated the exact same thing like 4 or 5 games ago.

Last edited:
Jon does speak up often enough to brown nose about how awesome Deace is at picking against 5 day old odds.

Latest posts