Jon, question for deace.....

Glass1/2fullguy

I just finished listening to the lastest bigger ten podcast where deace multiple times states that, “by FAR Michigan played its worst football game in the history of the Michigan program against Wisconsin”. With that said, I recall deace saying the EXACT same thing in a podcast following Michigan’s loss to OSU last year. In the next bigger ten podcast could you ask deace, if jimmy has coached his team to two of the worst losses in Michigan program history in as many years, how does jimmy retain his job if he loses to OSU again this year?

Last edited:
I just finished listening to the lastest bigger ten podcast where deace multiple times states that, “by FAR Michigan played it worst football game in the history of the Michigan program against Wisconsin”. With that said, I recall deace saying the EXACT same thing in a podcast following Michigan’s loss to OSU last year. In the next bigger ten podcast could you ask deace, if jimmy has coached his team to two of the worst losses in Michigan program history in as many years, how does jimmy retain his job if he loses to OSU again this year?
John doesn't come around here anymore.

Twitter is your best bet for contacting that dude.

I just listened to it as well, and I really found it confusing that Deace seemed like he was making excuses for Scott Frost and Nebraska. He said repeatedly that they never asked for this attention, and the let him build his program rather than straddle them with all of this expectations. I mean, hello, seriously? I don't hate to say that all of the attention, which is mostly if not all negative, is brought on themselves by them alone. I mean, if your team sucks and you are trying to build a program and you don't think you are going to be able to compete with OSU, then tell Gameday no when they call. I think it is hilarious because all the Gameday hype and national tv night game did was highlight how bad Nebraska is. But guess who's fault that is? Yep, you guessed it.

On a sidenote, watching Nebraska let go all of those red balloons and fire the cannons and watching the celebration of the players when they scored a touchdown when the score was 48-0 was priceless. Absolutely priceless!

I just finished listening to the lastest bigger ten podcast where deace multiple times states that, “by FAR Michigan played it worst football game in the history of the Michigan program against Wisconsin”. With that said, I recall deace saying the EXACT same thing in a podcast following Michigan’s loss to OSU last year. In the next bigger ten podcast could you ask deace, if jimmy has coached his team to two of the worst losses in Michigan program history in as many years, how does jimmy retain his job if he loses to OSU again this year?

What I like is when Deace says "Don Brown" so emphatically like he actually believes that someone out there is actually intimidated by that. Is there anyone more overrated than Don Brown? Now, maybe Don Brown when he has about 9 or 10 NFL guys on his defense, he may be able to get some pressure to some big ten teams early in the season before he gives up 60 to OSU, but he aint got that now!

There is an odd contradiction to Iowa having a roster strength comparable to Penn St. and yet they are outclassed by Michigan’s athleticism.

I mean geez, Deace makes it sound like Wirfs and Jackson don’t stand a chance even though they are higher NFL prospects than Michigan’s edge rushers.

But hey... Rutgers makes us all feel better about ourselves.

I just listened to it as well, and I really found it confusing that Deace seemed like he was making excuses for Scott Frost and Nebraska. He said repeatedly that they never asked for this attention, and the let him build his program rather than straddle them with all of this expectations. I mean, hello, seriously? I don't hate to say that all of the attention, which is mostly if not all negative, is brought on themselves by them alone. I mean, if your team sucks and you are trying to build a program and you don't think you are going to be able to compete with OSU, then tell Gameday no when they call. I think it is hilarious because all the Gameday hype and national tv night game did was highlight how bad Nebraska is. But guess who's fault that is? Yep, you guessed it.

On a sidenote, watching Nebraska let go all of those red balloons and fire the cannons and watching the celebration of the players when they scored a touchdown when the score was 48-0 was priceless. Absolutely priceless!
It was the worst performance by the home team (41 point loss) in Game Day history. The previous record was a 40 point loss by Utah at home. Their red balloons had so little helium left by the time they were released I doubt they rose enough to leave the stadium. Would make for a good ED commercial by one of the Pharmas.

Deace is just another clown big mouth. Just keep spewing crap and just maybe somebody will believe you eventually. The fuskers asked for everything they are getting. Nobodies fault but their own. Hope Iowa smacks Michigan pretty hard so I can hear what that little clown mouth has to say. He was pretty good at getting Mac fired so maybe he'll help get rid of Jimmy.

Deace is a tool who will contradict himself every 5 minutes. He puts all his stock in recruiting rankings and “resilience.” According to him Michigan has unguardable receivers and they just lose because they get the blues when they are behind.

I’ll never understand how a guy who professes to not care about Iowa (at best) is the cohost of an Iowa podcast.

What I like is when Deace says "Don Brown" so emphatically like he actually believes that someone out there is actually intimidated by that. Is there anyone more overrated than Don Brown? Now, maybe Don Brown when he has about 9 or 10 NFL guys on his defense, he may be able to get some pressure to some big ten teams early in the season before he gives up 60 to OSU, but he aint got that now!

I don’t get the don brown love either. Michigan allowed 487 total yds / 359 rushing yds against the badgers and Wisconsin simply needed to show up in 2nd half. I don’t care how bad your 4 & 5 Star DT are cause you, being Michigan, have 4 & 5 LB backing them up to plug the gaps. How many times do we hear deace talk about Michigan’s talent. Iowa packs a great d practically year after year w/ 2 & 3 Star LB & DL. Sounds to me like Michigan has a bigger problem w/ the coaching staff than it does w/ their talent.

Don Brown is a classic case of a media echo chamber. One time probably herbstreit said brown was good and then 3 other people said he was good and then it just spirals. On field results do not back up any of the effusive praise. Id take Phil Parker any day, and I think intelligent people in the game would agree. I promise you if saban had to hire brown or Parker he’d take Parker.

Deace is a tool who will contradict himself every 5 minutes. He puts all his stock in recruiting rankings and “resilience.” According to him Michigan has unguardable receivers and they just lose because they get the blues when they are behind.

I’ll never understand how a guy who professes to not care about Iowa (at best) is the cohost of an Iowa podcast.

Deace like cowherd, Jim Rome, Stephen a smith, Kellerman or any sports talker is just a blowhard throw BS out, because bored people will listen if things are said in a dynamic way.

All of this will be answered on Saturday so none of it really matters, although it is fun to discuss. That being said it is funny how Deace goes homer all of a sudden. A week ago he was ready to fire Jimmy H and now Michigan and Don Brown’s D-fence is just to good for Iowa’s receivers to get open. Most years I would agree with that statement. If Oliver Martin came over from Michigan and was our #1 receiver right off the bat then yea, but OM is #5 just like he was likely going to be at Michigan this season. I just like his quick flip of perspective after a win over Rutgers. Iowa has the better QB. Not sure we have the better RB, but we have 4 really good ones that rotate and can come in fresh on any play. As I stated I think our revivers this season are right up there with Michigan’s based off the first 4 games and where OM is on the Iowa depth chart. Defensive line is a toss up. Would love to see Epenesa hold containment a little more this game, in fact he’s going to have to. Michigan has the better defensive backfield. It’s at Michigan. I really think it’s a toss up who wins.

I respectfully disagree about Deace. He is VERY knowledgeable on anything college football. And has plethora of stats, facts, and trends to back his ‘opinion’. He is great to listen to, especially on prognosticating each weeks games.
Jon’s opinions are more based on ‘heart’, Deace’s on facts and trends. Both are great

If Michigan does fire Jim Harbaugh, they are much more likely to move down than up. Similar to what happened when they let Lloyd Carr go. I'll grant you that Harbaugh's personality grates on a lot of people.

If Michigan does fire Jim Harbaugh, they are much more likely to move down than up. Similar to what happened when they let Lloyd Carr go. I'll grant you that Harbaugh's personality grates on a lot of people.
Nebraska is the glaringly obvious poster child for what happens when you start playing musical coaches and fire guys who perennially win 9-10 games.

Any team that does that and fails because of it has no one to blame including bad luck.

Nebraska is the glaringly obvious poster child for what happens when you start playing musical coaches and fire guys who perennially win 9-10 games.

Any team that does that and fails because of it has no one to blame including bad luck.

Notre Dame did it to themselves too for a long stretch. For Tennessee, it has become a full death spiral.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree about Deace. He is VERY knowledgeable on anything college football. And has plethora of stats, facts, and trends to back his ‘opinion’. He is great to listen to, especially on prognosticating each weeks games.
Jon’s opinions are more based on ‘heart’, Deace’s on facts and trends. Both are great

I actually really like Deace and enjoy listening to him. I do also like hearing his stats, facts and trends, even though it is hard for me to fathom how a team in 2006 or 1982 has anything to do with a game. He is a knowledgeable guy for sure. However this week, I think he is a classic example of the fan, which all of us are, and how your view of a team can become tainted. If Michigan were any other team he would not have been impressed with the win against Rutgers, and focused more on the fact that the major problems they have had so far this year, turnovers and running the ball, really didn't get fixed against Rutgers. If they can't run the ball against Iowa at all, they will be in trouble. And if they can't run the ball and lose the turnover battle, it would take something close to miraculous to win.

I do think Deace is right about one thing though. I would be shocked if Michigan don't stack the box, try to shut down our run and the underneath throws and play press coverage on the edges and dare Stanley to throw it over them. We all know that is our greatest unknown, if that can be done with any sort of consistency. There are other counters to that, and I am sure we will be ready, but Deace is right that Brown and Harbaugh are not afraid to get torched for 50 or 60 by doing that, but they will not let us run the ball, hold it for 40 minutes and control the game. Totally different philosophy than us.